ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 Sleep issue

AlpineRaven

7 posts in this topic

G'day,

I've installed OSX.4.11 from Kalyway I think it was.

Running Darwin - 8.9.1

Everything works here. With sleep issue here, when I select "sleep" from apple menu, computer's display switches off just like its going to sleep, but will wake up itself for after 2 seconds of sleeping, then I get blue screen - nothing else.

I've already tried Paulicat SMBIOS - no avail...

What can I do from here?

Not very keen on OSX.5 etc, very happy & comfortable with OSX.4.11.

Thank you for your inputs.

AP

• 1 month later...

have you tried moving the MoBo USB jumper pins. Someone else said that setting the pins different fixed the sleep issue. Currently, I have a sleep issue too,but it's that my vdeo card won't turn back on when the system wakes back up. Try the jumper thing. (it's like setting from pins 1 & 2 to 2& 3 or something).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

S3 is right but have not disabled the USB Legacy yet, going to try that now.

Have you clicked on "S3 Sleep" & turn off Legacy USB Support in BIOS?

Cheers

AP

The only option for USB Legacy is USB Legacy Storage Support and it was enabled, Now is disabled.

Still no luckl.

The mode is S3.

But still no Screen when coming back from sleep. Is there anything else to Load ? Would the problem be related to the ATI HD 3650 ?

• 4 months later...
S3 is right but have not disabled the USB Legacy yet, going to try that now.

The only option for USB Legacy is USB Legacy Storage Support and it was enabled, Now is disabled.

Still no luckl.

The mode is S3.

But still no Screen when coming back from sleep. Is there anything else to Load ? Would the problem be related to the ATI HD 3650 ?

There is a jumper on the motherboard, which is referenced in your motherboard's manual, for USB/PS2 5v power during sleep. Move from pins 1,2 to 2,3 and sleep will work.

• 1 year later...
There is a jumper on the motherboard, which is referenced in your motherboard's manual, for USB/PS2 5v power during sleep. Move from pins 1,2 to 2,3 and sleep will work.

thanxs for the help. problem is solved. the only feature of the mobo and i think its not really important and it is needed to be off or disabled so far.

this is how its work.

p5gcmxusbwakeup.jpg