ATI Radeon 3450 works

cmid_sb1

99 posts in this topic

Hello I've got a device ID: 95c2 . It is ATi HD 3430 Mobility.

Is there any way to change resolution here? Even 1152x864 would be enough to me..

Try installing ATI 3450 Kexts .. As mentioned in thread before

I got 1152x864 after installing it ..

Good Luck :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for informations. I installed the kexts, but my "mac" don't works good. I can't explane my situation, so I posted a screenshot.

ATI Radeon HD 3450:

Modello Chipset: ATI Radeon HD 3450

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

Larghezza Lane PCIe: x16

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: ATI (0x1002)

ID dispositivo: 0x95c5

ID revisione: 0x0000

Revisione ROM: 113-B1480A-236

Versione driver EFI: 01.00.236

Monitor:

SwitchResX4 - Unknown Monitor:

Risoluzione: 1024 x 768

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Core Image: Software

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportata

Mostra connettore:

• 1 month later...

:mellow: I have the ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3450. So from from what I hear in this post it is impossible to get a driver for it. So let me get this straight, The driver that has been posted here will not work with my card because it is a mobility. And there is no way to change my screen resolution? I am on a Dell Studio 1535 and it is pretty annoying that the screen is stuck on 1024 x 768 when the default for my screen is 1280 x 800. It hurts my eyes because its all blurry. I have tried DisplayConfigX and SwitchResX along with some other Terminal app just to screw up OS X and have to re-install Mac probably about 5-6 times in a weekend. Is there some plist for EFi Studio I could use? The closest one I could find in EFi Studio was ATI Radeon HD 3400 - 256MB. Which is neither mine or a mobility one. Here is what I pulled off of System Profiler:

Type: Display

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x95c4

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Thanks for the help! :huh:

• 4 months later...
:( I have the ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3450. So from from what I hear in this post it is impossible to get a driver for it. So let me get this straight, The driver that has been posted here will not work with my card because it is a mobility. And there is no way to change my screen resolution? I am on a Dell Studio 1535 and it is pretty annoying that the screen is stuck on 1024 x 768 when the default for my screen is 1280 x 800. It hurts my eyes because its all blurry. I have tried DisplayConfigX and SwitchResX along with some other Terminal app just to screw up OS X and have to re-install Mac probably about 5-6 times in a weekend. Is there some plist for EFi Studio I could use? The closest one I could find in EFi Studio was ATI Radeon HD 3400 - 256MB. Which is neither mine or a mobility one. Here is what I pulled off of System Profiler:

Type: Display

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x95c4

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Thanks for the help! :D

BUMP

Same here. Come on folks, lets figure this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok So this worked great! on my 3450 but... now I have no sound!

In my sound option it shows HDMI out and SPDIF out.

In my system details shows no sound card. I installed the "To Fix OSX86 Sound.pkg" but it did nothing.

I have a basic on board card gigabyte 945 any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3450 - Easily change 1024x768 resolution to 1280x1024 following the guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...he_boot_options

Not much hope for a working 3450 10.4 driver so the easy tip above makes my LCD far more usable now.

ASUS EAH ATI Radeon 3450 DDR2 256MB, fails to boot after page 1 instructions in a desperate attempt to fix a 10.4.5 install. Using MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso which upgrades to 10.4.5 post installing. Fails to boot freezes up loading the last line in BSD just before OSX should open. Tried booting with -x, -f , -s, no luck. After trying a number of failed recovery solutions re-installed a few days later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sow what i get out of this whole 5 paged topic which the first post says: ATI Mobility Radeon 3450 driver.. but it's a ATI >....< Radeon 3450 driver. Now i got some questions:

1. What is the all big difference between the two cards (non mobility and mobility) and if its driver is compatible with each other?

2. Why is it imposable to make the mobility card if the non mobility version already exsits..

3. I got the Dell Studio 1537 with the 3450 mobility card, and i'm planning on switching from W7 to SL. is there a replacement driver for the videocard.?

*I get that it's hard to make drivers.. but if the driver for 1 version is made the other would be as easy to make right?*

Greatz,

Sno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The link is broken. May you re-upload please? I've installed Mountain Lion on Dell Studio 1535 with the same video card (HD3450) in VirtualBox. I'm posting from inside the virtual machine right now. Sound works, Ethernet works (apparently), but I have annoying lags which is related to graphics most probably. I've assigned 64MB out of 128MB of my graphics card memory to the guest machine.

I also applied the instructions given in an online guide to gain the full screen resolution which in my case is 1280X800 (both set through iAtkos ML2 customize button, and through the parameters of virtual box, I mean setting a parameter in command line). Can any body help? 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...