ATI Radeon 3450 works

cmid_sb1

99 posts in this topic

Thats what I did. Thanks.

Any progress on ati 3400 and 1397 wlan. I installed I deneb 1.3 10.5.5 and works okay. I used the post installer (worked great- :( audio) but no luck with wifi and vga mobility radeo 3400.

And how do I update osx.

Thanks in advance

sorry

Dell Studio 1535

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have an HP Elitebook 6930p with a graphics card with the ID "0x95c4" and the best resolution I can get is 1024x768. I'm pretty sure that means that I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.

I already tried searching but I haven't really found a definitive answer so I'll ask upfront:

Does anyone know of a kext that can get me up to resolutions like 1440x900?

Thanks for anyone who helps. :D

Hello,

This seems to be working just fine. Here's a screenshot.. 1680x1050 @ 60 Hz

atiproof.th.jpg

thanks a lot... this really made my day! night actually but still :rolleyes:

...could one hope for Quartz Extreme? :)

again, thanks for all the hard work.

no one could not

lastexile redeemed it impossible to get the framebuffers to work with the vanilla kernel

I know it's not a real driver, but I would be very content until the next update with having WUXGA but no QE. I just don't see why I'm getting 1600x1200 instead of 1920x1200, when i'm passing 1920 to com.apple.boot.plist?

(BTW, The LCD upgrade is MORE THAN worth the $150 upgrade.)

I really cant wait for a Mobile version of this driver to come out! I have my Dell Studio with working wireless, on Leopard but I just need to get out of this horrid resolution!!

Please whoever can do it, make us proud!!!

I just tried and installed the LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext and Natit.kext on my HD 3470

I was also able to change the resolution as described, but unfortunately the best I could get is 1152x864 ;)

I'm curious; are those of us that have managed to get it to work, but limited resolutionwise, also have 256 MB of RAM? (Yes, I got it to work; however, like another poster, I'm limited to 1400x1050, as opposed to 1920x1080; I have the HIS Radeon HD3450 non-Mobility version with 256 MB of RAM.) It may be a combination of the RAM loadout and the kext itself holding us back; according to the output on bootup (either from verbose bootup or dmesg), I've been able to snag several details about this particular GPU:

The GPU itself is little different from other HD3xxx-series (especially HD3650) which are members of ATY_Megaldon; however, the HD3450, being a a very-low-end budget part, is typically fitted with just 256 MB of DDR2.

1400x1050 is pretty darn nice, though.

It's also the next-to-last nit that needed to be picked in getting this machine to be a true Cerberus (Windows 7/Ubuntu/iAtkos 10.5.5 updated to 10.5.7 via iDeneb Combo Kit); only the USB ports remain. (That's critical unless I want to connect my DeskJet 940C back to the old-school LPT port, and I'd rather NOT do that.)

• 1 month later...
ARE NEWS FOR HD3450???? PLEASE RELEASE THIS DRIVER!!!

THEY CAN'T RELEASE IT IF IT DOESN'T EXIST!

Please refrain from using all capitols! If you had done some research, you would know that Lastexile, the main guy behind ATI drivers for Leopard stated that it is impossible (or something along those lines :) )

• 5 weeks later...
Finally, after searching for months I can now get 1900x1200 resolution

on an ATI 3450 (device id 95c5) on OSX.

Here is a link to the Kext.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=36622

Thanks to whomever made this available.

picture1cl0.png

this is my first time using OSX86 and I've had it running for a whole 2 days! Any help in instructing how to install these files?

Thanks!

ok, i downloaded a kext installer and rebooted before editing :(

now i have no video. I tried starting up in -s and removing the kexts that I installed from the first post but i still get no video.

any suggestions? i really don't want to re-install OS because I have files that I did not back up and would like to recover. I'm sure there is an easy solution, i just don't know what I'm doing at all!!

Thanks

ok, i downloaded a kext installer and rebooted before editing ;)

now i have no video. I tried starting up in -s and removing the kexts that I installed from the first post but i still get no video.

any suggestions? i really don't want to re-install OS because I have files that I did not back up and would like to recover. I'm sure there is an easy solution, i just don't know what I'm doing at all!!

Thanks

You have to boot into safe mode the same thing happened to me

I've tried many options to booting into safe mode to no avail...still no video. So I'm just going to try to install a new distro. I was using iAtkos v5. I also have v7 and Leo4All v3 which I was previously unable to install. The iAtKOS 5 didnt come with iLife, which would have been nice, but I dont suppose any of the others do either. I'll see. Either way, without QE/CI I don't think it matters much. Luckily the files I wanted to recover were just DVD Rips which I am already downloading again on my Vista PC. Back to the drawing board.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, so for the people who has messed up the system and see a BLACK SCREEN after boot and reading from Windows or Linux now (happily I write in OSX86 now :) ):

1: boot with "-s" option

2: after that write the two commands that are listed after -s (to have write access)

3: Delete the two installed kext with "rm -rf ...kext name...." (kext name: dont remember, LegacyATI.... and Nat... something :(  look for it with the "ls -t -r" command in the Extensions folder  ;)

4: type "exit" and after that I was able to boot. I cleared the system kext cache on that first boot for sure, dont know if its needed (with OSX86Tools).

So, system is back, next step: What the heck went wrong :) ? Everyone please post:

1: did it work for you or not

2: what kernel do u use

3: what distro, system version

4: how did u install (osx86tools-install kext?)