ATI Radeon 3450 works

cmid_sb1

99 posts in this topic

Thank you! :D

I have an Asus EAH3450 and used steps 1-3 of the tutorial then rebooted to find full resolution support. I still don't have QE/CI but this is still wonderful news.

NF4 Lanparty/X2 3800+ (939)/iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5

I just (today actually) ordered a cheap 8400GS 256mb so the 3450 is getting replaced in hopes of full QE/CI (3450 is finding a new home in an HTPC). I just wanted to post and say thanks and it worked.

post-339288-1230323460_thumb.jpg

I already posted this in another thread but since this one is more specific I wanted to post it hear also.

I have the 95c5 EAH3450 (Not the mobility). It is the only newer lower profile card I could get for a resonable price. Is there any chance of getting this to work with QE? Is anyone looking into this? I still can't get 1920x1080 which is the resolution I need for my monitor working. Has anyone got at least that part working?

If no one is working on this can someone inform me what needs to be done and I can look into getting it working? Any and all help is appreciated.

Comments like "It will never work so just upgrade" are not helpful so please don't leave them. This is a decent card for everyday tasks that you can get for 20 bucks and I think it would be benificial to the community to get it working. I am willing to do the work if someone can point me in the right direction of what needs to be done.

i followed these steps and for some reason only the second xXXX resolution worked. for example, 1680x1050 became 1400x1050. when i tried 1920x1200 it became 1680x1200. the horizontal is messed up, while the vertical is OK. is this because i didn't uninstall the old drivers? please help.

NOTE if you are going to try this you must get ride of your other ATI drivers or it will not let you reboot. Also The best I can get is 1400x1050. I need 1920x1080. Anyone got this to actually work?

Can you post some tips on how to remove the old drivers completely ? I am unable to boot after installing the drivers shown above. You can see my bootlog a few posts above this one. I want to make sure I am doing this right.

Thanks for helping a noob.

• 3 weeks later...

SS.tiffSo i followed the instructions in this thread for getting the 3450 working w/ my Mac Pro... and after installing the kexts (thx for the play-by-play instructions!) my Mac now recognizes the card - an improvement - but it doesnt recognize any monitors plugged into the card! Would it make a difference that the 3450 is my 2nd video card? I even tried swapping the cards - i put the 3450 in the PCI-e slot #1 that the factory nVidia card was in, and moved the nVidia to slot 2. It still works fine even in slot 2, but the ATI 3450 still won't work on DVI or VGA. Any clues? See screenshot.

SS.tiff

• 2 weeks later...
Would you like to teach me on hoe to install it , please ??

Hey man I know you have a Dell Studio and there are a lot of people that want the same thing however I am sad to inform you that this only works on the desktop card at this point we are working on it and if you want to help or have any ideas please join us on the IRC.....

The Server is irc.osx86.hu

The Channel is #radeonhd

Thanks, or check the main ATi thread as when it becomes available I am sure it will be huge news

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone post a valid link for this Kext, please?

I need this desperately but the link provided in the quoted post just

doesn't work. Thank you very much!

Finally, after searching for months I can now get 1900x1200 resolution

on an ATI 3450 (device id 95c5) on OSX.

Here is a link to the Kext.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=36622

Thanks to whomever made this available.

picture1cl0.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

So, is it working for your ATI or not? It is incredible to know also that Mac uses it ;) ... I have the HD 3650, do you think it's possible to "apply" this kext for this card or a bit "dangerous" (Like reboot loop or something like that ;).. ?

I would like to thank all people, "working" for all the OSx86 project.

ps: sorry for my very bad english, I'm only a little frog.. lost :P

Finally, after searching for months I can now get 1900x1200 resolution

on an ATI 3450 (device id 95c5) on OSX.

Here is a link to the Kext.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=36622

Thanks to whomever made this available.

picture1cl0.png

I have tried to download the kext but i go to insanely homepage. How a can do it?

Sorry! My english in no good because im'italian

• 3 weeks later...

The link in the first psot works. Installing Leo as we speak, and i'll post the results.. hope it works! I got the audiocard to work (M-Audio Audiophile 192), and if i get this to work, i'll never use Windowz again, lol.

Cheers

Hello,

This seems to be working just fine. Here's a screenshot.. 1680x1050 @ 60 Hz

atiproof.th.jpg

thanks a lot... this really made my day! night actually but still :D

...could one hope for Quartz Extreme? :)

again, thanks for all the hard work.