Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

Hey there. I'm so close, I need a little guidance..

1. Your MOBO brand and model: This is hard, computer is a gateway, and the motherboard is an MSI with an NForce chipset, but it's not any specific model. it's pretty standard though, very similar to the P6MG series.

2. Your nForce Series 5 or 6 chipset: it's the nForce MCP73 series..

3. Your Intel CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 ghz

4. Can't get any SS right now.

5. Your DVDRW(s): I have one SATA DVDRW and one PATA DVDRW, neither have solved my problem though.

6. Your hard drive(s): 1 500GB SATA drive, partitioned into a Vista partition, an XP partition, a media partition, and one I left for OSX.

8. Current OS's installed: Windows Vista, Windows XP.

9. Your graphics card(s): Geforce 2 MX 440, but there is also an onboard Geforce 7100, I am not using that though, it's disabled.

10. PCI/PCI-E cards fitted: Wifi card, SMC.

11. Onboard devices/functions: Realtek HD audio, SATA, not sure what else to put..

1. Your available OSx86 Install DVD(s): Retail and iDeneb 10.5.5

OK! Onto the issue..

I know what the problem is, I think. The only drive I have is a SATA drive, and the OSX installer won't see it. Is there some kind of SATA kext I need to load somehow..? When I used the SATA DVDRW to boot, I got the 'waiting for boot device' error. When I moved to a PATA DVD drive, It worked, but my SATA that I wanted to install onto didn't. I also tried cloning the image into a PATA HD and booted from it, same results as the PATA DVD drive.

This leads me to believe that there just aren't correct SATA drivers being loaded... How can I fix this on the nForce chipset?

I should add that I have seen people posting about enabling IDE mode or something similar for their SATA drives in their bios.. I do not have any options like that.

According to the iDeneb website (link given by nz_mitch), commenters there are still reporting problems with the iDeneb nForce patch.......suggest you install Kalyway 10.5.2 or other distro of your choice that works with your SATA HDD and/or SATA DVDRW, and use Mysticus C* 10.5.5 Combo Updater packages together with his nForce Drivers package (see post #1 in this thread) to update to 10.5.5....... :thanks_speechbubble:

BTW For cloning to your SATA HDD from your IDE HDD install (assuming you can boot from it), boot up with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and use Carbon Copy Cloner 3.1.2 to do the cloning (clone will not be bootable) but you can then use OSx86Tools to install the Netkas PC_EFI v8 bootloader to make it bootable......or alternatively,you can follow Mysticus C*'s procedure..... :(

I got Leopard running on my machine (see signature).

But i'm not capable of updating to 10.5.5, it just won't work.

All the rest works accept ethernet and sometimes it won't boot properly, then you just need to type cpus=1 at start-up and then everything works fine.

Grts GeForce.

I got Leopard running on my machine (see signature).

But i'm not capable of updating to 10.5.5, it just won't work.

All the rest works accept ethernet and sometimes it won't boot properly, then you just need to type cpus=1 at start-up and then everything works fine.

Grts GeForce.

The problems you have been having are surprising.........

Assuming you have double-checked your BIOS settings and they are OK......I would suggest a clean Kalyway 10.5.2 reinstall with no video, audio or network selections made in Customize menu, and then in fact removing all the following kexts.....

mount -uw / (press Enter after each command line entry in blue)

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf GeForce.kext

rm -rf Ge*.kext

rm -rf NV*.kext

rm Extensions.mkext

chown -R root:wheel Extensions (can also use 0:0 instead of root:wheel)

chmod -R go-w Extensions

exit

and boot successfully with basic VGA video mode and the System Profiler should show under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded......

Then run the Mysticus C* v1.1.5 Combo Updater packages (opening Installer Log from Installer top menu bar to show progress......), in order: nForce Pre Patch, then Apple 10.5.5 Combo Updater, and finally Post Patch, choosing ONLY

Just Restore Audio

Just Restore Network

MacPro

AppleACPI - AppleAPIC (Old Version) [default choice]

DSMOS Script Fix [default choice]

without restarting at any stage (do not even bother closing Installer Windows), followed by his nForce Drivers package, choosing ONLY

nForceATA

Step 1 - Patched NVDIA Drivers

Step 2 - NVdarwin GFX Memory

512 MB

Voodoo Beta 2C

and only then restart.....booting with -v -f........and after auto restart boot again with -v -f........ :censored2:

EDIT: If this sequence does not work for you, then start with his nForce Drivers package, choosing ONLY

nForceATA

512 MB

Voodoo Beta 2C

and restart.....booting with -v -f.

Then run the Mysticus C* v1.1.5 Combo Updater packages (opening Installer Log from Installer top menu bar to show progress......), in order: nForce Pre Patch, then Apple 10.5.5 Combo Updater, and finally Post Patch, choosing ONLY

Voodoo Beta 2C

NVinject PLUS NVIDIA GFX DRIVERS NForce Fix

Just Restore Audio

Just Restore Network

MacPro

and then restart....... :unsure:

OK, but what distro should I chose? How am I going to know what's going to work?

It depends on whether or not you start with your PATA or SATA DVDRW......I would suggest PATA DVDRW and Kalyway 10.5.2......and that you follow the same procedure suggested to GeForce 8800 BUT adapt the video driver choice to suit your graphics card......I have just reread your post....seen your GFX card spec....SO you won't be able to use NVdarwin (i.e. XDarwin installer which is for GeForce Series 8 and 9 GFX cards only) what you need for audio and networking can be sorted after you have a working system..... :censored2:

UPDATE: Your GFX card is an early model......I do not hold out much hope for it......see here.....given its age you could make a video selection in initial Kalyway install and try that.....or use your onboard GFX chipset....or better still get a newer GFX card...... :unsure:

I have ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 booting on my system, though it still is having the same issues that SaYnT is having... I'm going to have to play with some kexts/kernels to see if I can get it more stable. I am using maxmem=3072.

To those having issues with an IDE DVD drive and a SATA HD, or just general problems with "waiting for root device" on a nforce motherboard (I have an eVGA 680i)

I was having those same issues with ANY install version... what worked for me:

in the bios, I temporarily disabled ALL usb, and booted the install with ps2 mice/keyboard.

More importantly, and strangely enough, was the jumper settings for the IDE DVD. I had the IDE DVD on the master cable setting, but I also had the jumper setting to MASTER. I moved it over to CABLE SELECT, and somehow that seemed to fix my problem with the waiting for root device... I wish I could give you a better explanation, but it finally recognized my SATA HD in the boot up for the ideneb 1.3 that way. I DID use the nforce patch, too.

Unfortunately, I'm getting random freezes right now. The mouse will be able to be moved around, but nothing will be able to be clicked on. This seems to happen pretty randomly, too. I'm using the 9.4.0. kernel, and my network card right now is an external USB linksys NIC.

I hear cpus=1 will temporarily fix it, but I'm hoping for a better solution so I can use my quad core ;)

UPDATE: I install the mystique nforce installer patch over ideneb 10.5.5. Good news is that it seemed to recognize my internal NIC now....bad news is that the whole mouse move with the color-circle wheel waiting happen within minutes of bootup. Hmmmm....

Alright, I'm live and working perfectly. Verdant, I'm now not sure if the problem was due to the PATA DVD or the nVidia drivers as the good old Hackintosh was being very temperamental the other night. I now suspect that both - whether through some synergy or as two independent issues - were preventing the boot. I think the drivers were probably an issue as those on the iDeneb v 1.3 10.5.5 surely couldn't have supported a 9600GT.. that doesn't explain why it wouldn't boot into safe mode.

Anyhow, after all that mucking around I start with a fresh build so here's a brief summary of how I got my hardware to work:

1. Fresh install of iDeneb v 1.3 10.5.5* with nForce patch applied to a prepared partition (I formatted it to HFSJ using Disk Utility during the OSX install, but had prepared the partition using diskpart in Windows). Installed to SATA HDD from PATA DVD, SATA DVD temporarily disconnected. I was getting a "Still waiting for root device" error when trying to install using the SATA DVD, PATA DVD worked without a hitch.

2. Installation options were limited to: Kernel 9.0.4 Stage XNU, all applications, SMCI Bios fix Mac Pro (which I assume is purely cosmetic?), nForce chipset fix.

3. After installation I booted with: "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v" (without quotation marks) as it would otherwise hang at the setup where it asks to import data from another Mac.

4. After intial setup was completed I rebooted using only -x

5. Installed Aqua-Macs nVidia series 9 driver pack v2, available here.

6. Rebooted, -x

7. Installed nvdarwin v 1.2.3 (only installed nvdarwin and the assisting apps, no kexts/drivers)

8. Rebooted. No switches, straight in QE/CI, native resolution etc. working

9. Shutdown, removed PATA DVD, replaced SATA DVD. Installed Netgear GA311 NIC (Realtek RTL8169 chipset)

10. Rebooted, checked DVD OK. Checked NIC, needed to enable (it prompted me.. essentially works out of the box <_<).

* Pre-setup I made a number of bios changes which largely concur with those in the Series 7 nForce instructions as possible (I followed the 780i guide). Post installation everything worked fine with both cores enabled, so I am now running dual core etc. :gun:

Oh and for sound I've always used a USB headset which is obviously working a treat!

Thanks verdant for your help! [posting from Mac OSX :gun:]

@nz_mitch

Glad to help and that you have got everything working...... :D Thanks for the write up.

Alright, I'm live and working perfectly. Verdant, I'm now not sure if the problem was due to the PATA DVD or the nVidia drivers as the good old Hackintosh was being very temperamental the other night. I now suspect that both - whether through some synergy or as two independent issues - were preventing the boot. I think the drivers were probably an issue as those on the iDeneb v 1.3 10.5.5 surely couldn't have supported a 9600GT.. that doesn't explain why it wouldn't boot into safe mode.

Anyhow, after all that mucking around I start with a fresh build so here's a brief summary of how I got my hardware to work:

1. Fresh install of iDeneb v 1.3 10.5.5* with nForce patch applied to a prepared partition (I formatted it to HFSJ using Disk Utility during the OSX install, but had prepared the partition using diskpart in Windows). Installed to SATA HDD from PATA DVD, SATA DVD temporarily disconnected. I was getting a "Still waiting for root device" error when trying to install using the SATA DVD, PATA DVD worked without a hitch.

2. Installation options were limited to: Kernel 9.0.4 Stage XNU, all applications, SMCI Bios fix Mac Pro (which I assume is purely cosmetic?), nForce chipset fix.

3. After installation I booted with: "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v" (without quotation marks) as it would otherwise hang at the setup where it asks to import data from another Mac.

4. After intial setup was completed I rebooted using only -x

5. Installed Aqua-Macs nVidia series 9 driver pack v2, available here.

6. Rebooted, -x

7. Installed nvdarwin v 1.2.3 (only installed nvdarwin and the assisting apps, no kexts/drivers)

8. Rebooted. No switches, straight in QE/CI, native resolution etc. working

9. Shutdown, removed PATA DVD, replaced SATA DVD. Installed Netgear GA311 NIC (Realtek RTL8169 chipset)

10. Rebooted, checked DVD OK. Checked NIC, needed to enable (it prompted me.. essentially works out of the box ;) ).

* Pre-setup I made a number of bios changes which largely concur with those in the Series 7 nForce instructions as possible (I followed the 780i guide). Post installation everything worked fine with both cores enabled, so I am now running dual core etc. :)

Oh and for sound I've always used a USB headset which is obviously working a treat!

Thanks verdant for your help! [posting from Mac OSX :D ]

Hi nz_mitch:

I have read all posts here and your success story. I have exactly the same screen as you .Could you please help:

1.the detailed option in customermize part. I mean,which one in nForce chipset fix and, you did not select AppleSMBIOS?

2.I remember that , only when you remove all nv related kexts, you can boot. But you never mentioned it later ,how you solve the problem now? Sorry I use your picture to show my problem.

Really thanks

post-306733-1225397849_thumb.jpg

@ nz_mitch I will let you answer pengyu's questions........ ;)

@pengyu

Verdant might what to clarify this but here's three things I'd try:

1. Just try booting with the PATA DVD disconnected and see what happens

2. Delete all of the kexts (the Nvidia ones) I mentioned above. You can do this by booting with the boot DVD and using terminal, but probably the easiest way to do it is to reboot into Windows and download and install MacDrive. It has a 5 day trial or something so you'll be able to jump in and delete them through the Windows GUI. In my case, all of the kexts are located here: M:\System\Library\Extensions. The reason I didn't mention this in my final instructions was because the second time I installed I didn't use any nvidia drivers and it seemed to boot fine into safe mode where I installed them later as I need the brand new Macbook Pro drivers for my 9600GT.

3. For the installation I selected the first nForce chipset fix. I think the other one is called old, I did not select this one (so I picked the latest one you can tick; although I got the impression that if you didn't tick anything it would be default install a later nForce fix built into the patched DVD). I select Mac Pro or whatever it is for AppleSMBIOS. As far as I can tell, but I'm not 100% sure, all this does is define your computer as a Mac Pro when you're using it, so it's purely for cosmetic purposes and shouldn't change anything. Verdant I'm sure will be able to confirm/deny this suspicion. ;)

If none of that works can you post up as per Verdant's instructions, eg. your hardware specs, your installation attempts so far. I'm guessing at the moment you've got similar hardware to me...

You might also want to try disabling your NIC in the bios, although that didn't make a difference for me. Just jump into the bios and it's usually under Integrated Periphals > MAC Devices or something similar. Just switch from auto to disabled.

EDIT: Heh, Verdant - you're quick. Got in while I was typing! :P

EDIT2: No, not at all! If anything I'm impressed with how switched on you are. :D

Hi nz_mitch:

I have read all posts here and your success story. I have exactly the same screen as you .Could you please help:

1.the detailed option in customermize part. I mean,which one in nForce chipset fix and, you did not select AppleSMBIOS?

2.I remember that , only when you remove all nv related kexts, you can boot. But you never mentioned it later ,how you solve the problem now? Sorry I use your picture to show my problem.

Really thanks

Hi Verdent:

Pleasure to see you online. Could you please give me some suggestion in advance?

Really thanks.

Hi there,

Assuming you have double-checked your BIOS settings and they are OK......I would suggest a clean Kalyway 10.5.2 reinstall with no video, audio or network selections made in Customize menu, and then in fact removing all the following kexts.....

rm -rf GeForce.kext

rm -rf Ge*.kext

rm -rf NV*.kext

rm Extensions.mkext

chmod -R go-w Extensions

exit

and boot successfully with basic VGA video mode and the System Profiler should show under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded......

Then run the Mysticus C* nForce Drivers package, choosing ONLY

nForceATA

512 MB or however much VRAM your graphics card has

Voodoo Beta 2C

Finally, run the Mysticus C* v1.1.5 Combo Updater packages (opening Installer Log from Installer top menu bar to show progress......), in order: nForce Pre Patch, then Apple 10.5.5 Combo Updater, and finally Post Patch, choosing ONLY

Just Restore Audio

Just Restore Network

MacPro

and then restart....... :)

EDIT

@ nz_mitch

Don't worry it is not a competition.......I was just responding to pengyu's question...... ;)

Hi there,

rm -rf GeForce.kext

rm -rf Ge*.kext

rm -rf NV*.kext

rm Extensions.mkext

chmod -R go-w Extensions

exit

Then run the Mysticus C* nForce Drivers package, choosing ONLY

nForceATA

512 MB or however mach VRAM your graphics card has

Voodoo Beta 2C

Finally, run the Mysticus C* v1.1.5 Combo Updater packages (opening Installer Log from Installer top menu bar to show progress......), in order: nForce Pre Patch, then Apple 10.5.5 Combo Updater, and finally Post Patch, choosing ONLY

Just Restore Audio

Just Restore Network

MacPro

and then restart....... :)

EDIT

@ nz_mitch

Don't worry it is not a competition.......I was just responding to pengyu's question...... ;)

Hi Verdent:

Thank you very much. I have been spent over one week for the installation and I read here something really helpful . I am downloading Kalyway edition and will give it a try . before that I will try the iDeneb 10.5.5 again.Thanks again and I will update my progess by tomorrow.

@pengyu

Verdant might what to clarify this but here's three things I'd try:

1. Just try booting with the PATA DVD disconnected and see what happens

2. Delete all of the kexts (the Nvidia ones) I mentioned above. You can do this by booting with the boot DVD and using terminal, but probably the easiest way to do it is to reboot into Windows and download and install MacDrive. It has a 5 day trial or something so you'll be able to jump in and delete them through the Windows GUI. In my case, all of the kexts are located here: M:\System\Library\Extensions. The reason I didn't mention this in my final instructions was because the second time I installed I didn't use any nvidia drivers and it seemed to boot fine into safe mode where I installed them later as I need the brand new Macbook Pro drivers for my 9600GT.

3. For the installation I selected the first nForce chipset fix. I think the other one is called old, I did not select this one (so I picked the latest one you can tick; although I got the impression that if you didn't tick anything it would be default install a later nForce fix built into the patched DVD). I select Mac Pro or whatever it is for AppleSMBIOS. As far as I can tell, but I'm not 100% sure, all this does is define your computer as a Mac Pro when you're using it, so it's purely for cosmetic purposes and shouldn't change anything. Verdant I'm sure will be able to confirm/deny this suspicion. :D

If none of that works can you post up as per Verdant's instructions, eg. your hardware specs, your installation attempts so far. I'm guessing at the moment you've got similar hardware to me...

You might also want to try disabling your NIC in the bios, although that didn't make a difference for me. Just jump into the bios and it's usually under Integrated Periphals > MAC Devices or something similar. Just switch from auto to disabled.

EDIT: Heh, Verdant - you're quick. Got in while I was typing! :P

EDIT2: No, not at all! If anything I'm impressed with how switched on you are. :)

Hi nz_mich:

Thanks a lot for your reply . I have been struggling on the installation for about 1 week.

Acturally I am using :E5200 cpu ,Biostar GF7100P-M7 Mobo(nforce630i), DDR2800 1Gx2 and PATA DVDROM, IDE 160G(Seagate) and a nv 9500GT 256M. I have no obvious problem during installation, but the same problem as you were when reboot after installation.

I have modified my BIOS per "Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce ". and tried remove my DVD driver after installation but still the same problem. now I am downloading Kalyway edition and will give it a try., but before that I will try your way with iDeneb because it is 10.5.5 , I am a little aftraid of upgrade

By the way ,do you have the download address of NVdarwin v1.2.3? I can not find that link.

Thanks again.

Hi Verdent:

Thank you very much. I have been spent over one week for the installation and I read here something really helpful . I am downloading Kalyway edition and will give it a try . before that I will try the iDeneb 10.5.5 again.Thanks again and I will update my progess by tomorrow.

Hi nz_mich:

Thanks a lot for your reply . I have been struggling on the installation for about 1 week.

Acturally I am using :E5200 cpu ,Biostar GF7100P-M7 Mobo(nforce630i), DDR2800 1Gx2 and PATA DVDROM, IDE 160G(Seagate) and a nv 9500GT 256M. I have no obvious problem during installation, but the same problem as you were when reboot after installation.

I have modified my BIOS per "Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce ". and tried remove my DVD driver after installation but still the same problem. now I am downloading Kalyway edition and will give it a try., but before that I will try your way with iDeneb because it is 10.5.5 , I am a little aftraid of upgrade

By the way ,do you have the download address of NVdarwin v1.2.3? I can not find that link.

Thanks again.

See post #1 in this thread for nForce Drivers package..... ;)

Well I have tried iDeneb (patched and unpatched), Kalaway, and Leo4all, and nothing I do makes any of the installers see my SATA hard drive. I have tried booting the installs from a PATA-DVD, USB HD, and a second IDE internal HD, and nothing works. I realize I could install the OS to the IDE drive, but it wouldn't read any of my SATA devices, and I don't want that. It's kind of useless to me to have an 'isolated' install..

Anyone have any more tips? I really want to get this working, I know the issue is SATA drivers, can someone help?

Well I have tried iDeneb (patched and unpatched), Kalaway, and Leo4all, and nothing I do makes any of the installers see my SATA hard drive. I have tried booting the installs from a PATA-DVD, USB HD, and a second IDE internal HD, and nothing works. I realize I could install the OS to the IDE drive, but it wouldn't read any of my SATA devices, and I don't want that. It's kind of useless to me to have an 'isolated' install..

Anyone have any more tips? I really want to get this working, I know the issue is SATA drivers, can someone help?

Try installing the OS X system to the IDE hard drive, update it to 10.5.5 using Mysticus C* updaters and nForce Drivers package.....then use CCC 3.1.2 to clone it to the SATA HDD.....then use OSx86Tools to install Netkas PC_EFI v8 bootloader..... :huh:

How is OSX going to read the SATA HDD after install if it can't read it before the install? Do some kind of drivers get installed during setup that would then allow for the full install to read the SATA drive? If that's the case, I wouldn't even need to clone, the point is I want to be able to read from the SATA drive in OSX..

@karafa

I'd wait for Verdant to confirm, but my SATA DVD would not work at all during the installation. Post install I removed the PATA DVD I used to install and reconnected the SATA DVD and it worked straight away. I can even press F12 to make it eject. *makes it eject* :huh:

How is OSX going to read the SATA HDD after install if it can't read it before the install? Do some kind of drivers get installed during setup that would then allow for the full install to read the SATA drive? If that's the case, I wouldn't even need to clone, the point is I want to be able to read from the SATA drive in OSX..

@karafa

I'd wait for Verdant to confirm, but my SATA DVD would not work at all during the installation. Post install I removed the PATA DVD I used to install and reconnected the SATA DVD and it worked straight away. I can even press F12 to make it eject. *makes it eject* :)

@karafa

It is strange and I do not really understand why but SATA DVDRW "calls" to a SATA HDD (and even to a PATA (IDE) HDD on occasion) are problematic......whereas SATA HDD or PATA HDD "calls" to a SATA DVDRW are not....... :)

So an installed OS vs an installer won't be any different?

I really just want to find a way to get the installer to see the SATA HD..

You would have to patch the installer DVD bootloader "process" with e.g. MeDevils AppleNForceATA.kext, or slashack's nForceATA kext to see if they enable the installer DVD in the SATA or PATA DVDRW to see the SATA HDD.......it could be that your SATA vendor and device IDs are not listed in the nForceATA kext......

Check against the Device and Vendor IDs in the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD :

<key>NForce SATA Controller</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA</string>

<key>Hardware Name</key>

<string>NForce SATA</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleNForceATARoot</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<string>1000</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Serial ATA</key>

<key>NForce PATA Controller</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA</string>

<key>Hardware Name</key>

<string>NForce PATA</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleNForceATARoot</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de 0x044810de</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>1000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Serial ATA</key>

The vendor ID is the same for all of those strings, but the device ID isn't in any of them. How can I look this up on my iDeneb iso, where can I find the file to check the IDs? If they aren't in the list, can I add them?

You can use Pacifist in OS X to find and extract the nForceATA and nForceATA (Test) kexts from the iDeneb iso AppleNForceATA.pkg, and then you can add your device IDs into the kexts' Info.plist files and patch the modified kexts back into the iso..... :)