AMD prototype with Apple components...

REVENGE

56 posts in this topic

An article on TheInquirer has just caught my attention. I didn't believe it at first, but it appears that last week's AMD Turion mobo engineering sample is indeed being powered by an Apple Notebook battery.

Linq to the article: http://theinquirer.net/?article=30545

Still don't believe it? Examine these two photos closely, and pay close attention to the gray thing at the top right of the red motherboard: :)

Turion_X2_Apple.jpg

vs

notebooks_power_01.jpg

Hmm. I wonder if Intel knows about this...;)

IF REPOST, PLEASE NOTIFY ME.

I think Apple was concerned that AMD could not supply enough chips. Plus looking at the next generation benchmarks Intel was clearly the better choice. Whether or not they decide to use AMD down the road, I don't think even Steve knows the answer to that.

I think Apple was concerned that AMD could not supply enough chips. Plus looking at the next generation benchmarks Intel was clearly the better choice. Whether or not they decide to use AMD down the road, I don't think even Steve knows the answer to that.

Personally, I agree. AMD mobile chips do not match Intel mobile chips in terms of performance or energy conservation. However, Turions ARE 64-bit.

Personally, I agree. AMD mobile chips do not match Intel mobile chips in terms of performance or energy conservation. However, Turions ARE 64-bit.

With some of the higher end apps like 3dsmax and such, I have had less problems with Intels than Amds. However, do the AMDs have speed step problems with the 10.4.5 on laptops? Curious...

I actually know Mike (owner of the Inquirer) - he usally has the first news.

My theory is use Intel marketing/R*D for x86 then move to AMD for power, although debatible know.

As I mentioned in another thread, I think OSX will be out for all PC's sooner rather than later, Apple makes a fortune on hardware as in Ipods, as well, this would push OS Server market.

But hey, what do I know! :) I posted about 2 years ago, APPLE going AMD, they are in the same consortium (for AMD design, hypertransport), and AMD is to APPLE as Intel is to M$FT when it comes to creatives. :(

TheInquirer always writes {censored}, it doesn't make sense, 10.4.4/5 is full of retarded and {censored} cpuid checks to avoid the os running on an amd chip. Don't forget that the homosexual midget got lucky again with his switch to intel because intel will have a great cpu after 4 years of producing subpar {censored} and amd will not have anything to respond for atleast 1 year.

Have you guys even seen Conroe's benchmarks?

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2712

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2713

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2716

Conroe destroy's AMD's fastest chips when they're overclocked to be even faster.

Well anandtech is on intel paybook but conroe is very strong and amd will not have anything to reply for atleast 1 year that's why the turtlenecked midget got lucky. This is very sad tho it will delay apple division bankruptcy.

Anyway apple going to amd now will not make anysense

Don't forget that the homosexual midget got lucky again with his switch to intel

WTF? did all your brain cells just die over the weekend? of all the possible arguments for or against anything, that has to be the lamest combination of vitriolic expression all month, and it's the 28th! :D

TheInquirer always writes {censored}, it doesn't make sense, 10.4.4/5 is full of retarded and {censored} cpuid checks to avoid the os running on an amd chip. Don't forget that the homosexual midget got lucky again with his switch to intel because intel will have a great cpu after 4 years of producing subpar {censored} and amd will not have anything to respond for atleast 1 year.

While I agree that AMD and Apple aren't likely, your anti-{censored} derogatory remarks are sad.

Grow up a little.

WTF? did all your brain cells just die over the weekend? of all the possible arguments for or against anything, that has to be the lamest combination of vitriolic expression all month, and it's the 28th! :dev:

;) but it's true tho it was just pure luck, when the decision to switch was made intel desperate move to drop the netburst architecture in to the toilet and finally realize it was a miserable failure wasn't finalized yet.

While I agree that AMD and Apple aren't likely, your anti-{censored} derogatory remarks are sad.

Grow up a little.

I agree that comparing {censored} people and midgets to sj or to apple cpuid checks is offensive for them i'll refrain in future to make such comparisons :angel:

C'mon guys pic is obviously a fake look carefully ;) and ye will figure it out

regards

Gavin

Well gee, could it be the fact that since we are looking "down" into the notoebook. that we should see the bottom of the battery. Isn't the part of the battery with the button and power level display lights on the OUTSIDE of a laptop?

Well gee, could it be the fact that since we are looking "down" into the notoebook. that we should see the bottom of the battery. Isn't the part of the battery with the button and power level display lights on the OUTSIDE of a laptop?

Uh, as it's a prototype I seriously doubt it's encased in a laptop shell already, as hinted at by the huge red lever at the side.

Well anandtech is on intel paybook but conroe is very strong and amd will not have anything to reply for atleast 1 year that's why the turtlenecked midget got lucky. This is very sad tho it will delay apple division bankruptcy.

Anyway apple going to amd now will not make anysense

The last read I had had AMD 1 year ahead of Intel and that AMD had 8 core systems too.

Their problem is (AMD) the latency with the newer DDR, but hey, whatever is the fastest works for me. Keep in mind though, if not for AMD we would still be paying $500 for a 30 HZ increase in speed! :2cents:

Indeed, this is a prototype board design that isn't even housed in a notebook casing. In fact, the layout of the PCB itself looks kind of irregular, if you examine a full bodied photo.

The last read I had had AMD 1 year ahead of Intel and that AMD had 8 core systems too.

Their problem is (AMD) the latency with the newer DDR, but hey, whatever is the fastest works for me. Keep in mind though, if not for AMD we would still be paying $500 for a 30 HZ increase in speed! :2cents:

Well that's before intel decided to finally dump netburst and point everything in the p3 on steroid project, looks like the result if anandatech numbers are half true is a great performer .

Well that's before intel decided to finally dump netburst and point everything in the p3 on steroid project, looks like the result if anandatech numbers are half true is a great performer .

True True, but remember, the MAC would NEVER EVER EVER USE AMD OR INTEL PARTS EVER!

So, who knows.

AMD has a quad and 8 way core from what I hear that is cool to the touch. No heatsink needed.