Martin255

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

First here is my config:

GA-P35-DS3P

E6750@3.2GHz

8800GT 512Mb

Dell 2407WFP + Dell 1708FP

10.5.5 Vanilla install (Boot-132 with EFI partition)

Now the problem. I use EFI strings for my video card since 10.5.3, and it had worked very well so far. I recently bought a second monitor and that is when the trouble started. I can connect it and it seems to work perfectly (QE/CI reported as working, resolution change working, etc.), but Exposé and Spaces become very laggy, dragging an icon to the Dock brings the computer to its knees, it takes one or two seconds for an application to take the focus when I click its icon in the Dock, etc.

After searching the forums, I tried reinstalling 10.5.5, enabling Quartz GL, switching the DVI ports, connecting the displays over VGA, and nothing ever changes, in fact the only thing that works is using only the 24".

Does someone know what the problem might be, and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post the solution I found, in case anyone has the same problem - it's not perfect, but now it works, at least. Apparently, what caused the lag / sluggishness was that the 17" display was rotated 90°. I tried putting it back to normal and now Exposé and Spaces are responsive even with 20-30 windows opened, including VLC playing a video, a VM running, etc. I don't really get the logic behind it but anyway my Hack is usable again, and that's what really matters to me.