Mac OS X 10.5.5 VMware Virtual Machine Image (iDeneb 10.5.5)

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

EvilSpectre

EvilSpectre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
anyone figured out how to get this to 10.5.6?

nathansvt

nathansvt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

anyone figured out how to get this to 10.5.6?

So far, the standard methods of upgrading to 10.5.6 have failed. I'd like to hear if anyone has succeeded.

TheAppleFreak

TheAppleFreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
For some reason, this refuses to work for me. (This is on an actual MacBook, with VMware Fusion 2)
I try to create a new virtual machine. I navigate to the vmdk file that contains the virtual hard disk. It does not boot.
I only recently downloaded this, so I have yet to <s>strangle it</s> exhaust all of my resources. Maybe if I just double-click on the vmx file...

pilot007_

pilot007_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Mac user account password is "Xelabo". Feel free to change or remove that. I would advise you to keep a password however for confirmation when changing system files / installing kexts.

Preinstalled Leopard 10.5.5 image, tested on VMware Workstation 6 and WMware Player.

Sound driver not installed, everything else works.

Please read the details regarding PCWIZ's 10.5.2 Release here:
http://######.com/in...=...t&task=view

It is assumed (not tested!) that the same requirements / patches apply to this as well.

People with Intel SSE3 CPUs just need to power this on as it will work "out-of-the-box".

More info will be added later.

I would like to apologize for rushing this out like this, but I do not have too much time on my hands at the moment.

***Search for the torrent on either the Green Demon site or Pirate ship.***

P.S. I should soon be able to post more details about this here: http://www.xelabo.com

hello

I have registered this forum, but I couln'd see the links ?
Can somebody help me please ?
where / how can I download idenen vm image ?

regards

nathansvt

nathansvt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

hello

I have registered this forum, but I couln'd see the links ?
Can somebody help me please ?
where / how can I download idenen vm image ?

regards

There is no download link. You'll need to find it yourself using Google or your other favorite search engine.

paris18m

paris18m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
tried to run the image on my vista 64 machine running on an intel quad core processor but image kept crashing. used the latest vmware workstation version.

anyone can advise what to do? need to run this really badly on my work pc, currently i only run mac osx on my macbook pro.

here is where it stops when run in -v mode (actually keeps storing a crash report, over and over again)

Attached File  9a13d17a00f0eddd8011898b0c619150.png   99.28KB   95 downloads

here are my computer specs

Attached File  a59f608aeef517e9ea08940ec71d4ce2.png   159.28KB   69 downloads

IsmailBhai

IsmailBhai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
so no luck upgrading to 10.5.6?

pentya143

pentya143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey TopoX....
I am using iDebneb 10.5.5 version on vmware...
you said in ur post that OS X is working like a charm, but its really sluggish in my system...it not smooth and buttons, links , dock, menus open after a long time...What are the specs that you allocated to the VM??

I downloaded the file from someother place than demonoid and the password used was Xelabo... so its not the one u uploaded. I am not looking for some killer graphics but atleast the system should be usable...its too sluggish..

It would be great if u can suggest any changes that i need to make it work smooth...early reply would be helpful..thanks

my system specs
2ghz core 2
4gig ram..
vmware 6.5.1

ADBD

ADBD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
doesn't work, freezes in the grey loading screen with the apple logo.

e6300
8800gts
2GB RAM
AB9 motherboard
lite-on dvdrw LH-18A1H ATA
WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA hard-drive

vista 32-bit
vmware 6.5.01 build-126130

from demonoid uploaded by TopoX84 (thanks :))

I've tried installing various versions both on HDD and on vmware. nothing works. incompatible hardware I guess

Posted Image

ADBD

ADBD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
any1?

0m3gA

0m3gA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I get the same when starting the guest with "-f -v":
Host: E8400, Vista x64, VMware 6.5.1 build-126130

FYI: I can restore the snapshot created on 1/2/2009 and that works fine until I reboot.

Crash after loading dsmos.kext "DontStealMacOS.kext"
Posted Image

Posted Image

if I boot with "-s -v" I get a little further
Posted Image

thebeephaha

thebeephaha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I still can't get the audio working... I tried the driver but it is so laggy and choppy.

It's not my computer either... 3.6 GHz quad with 8GB of RAM with 2 devoted to OS X.

ADBD

ADBD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
f u

Rambo2do

Rambo2do

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Downloaded and works great -- however what is the password to "su -" for root? It is neither of the passwords posted here, "password" nor "Xelabo" work?

Also, any luck installing VMtools?

My system:
OpenSuse 11.1
VMware 6.5
Dell Latitude D630

wazzag

wazzag

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Downloaded and works great -- however what is the password to "su -" for root? It is neither of the passwords posted here, "password" nor "Xelabo" work?

Also, any luck installing VMtools?

I have the exact same issues - root password and vmtools, any luck Rambo?

dooger

dooger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
After spending waaaaay too much time on this, I finally got a near perfect installation of MacOSX running in VMWare. I found pcwiz's instance to be way to slow, and also he created it with a 15Gig partition which was way too small for me and I could not find a way to resize it. So I created my own instance using the latest version of ideneb. Here is what I ended up doing.

Download ideneb 1.4 for leopard 10.5.6
Run vmware workstation, create a new instance, set it to FreeBSD 64bit
Create a 64 gig virtual disk (or however big you need), I used SCSI type
Mount the ideneb ISO as a cd/dvd rom drive
Boot off the dvd
when you get to the install location portion of the install wizard, run disk utils (upper menu bar) and create single partition (default type, journaled HFS+)
install ideneb
after installation, edit your .vmx file and change guest OS to "darwin-64"
bootup
now you should have a working leopard install- for me everything worked right away, I just needed to adjust my monitor resolution as described here:

http://######.com/in...=...1&Itemid=32

you will need to 'su root' to edit that file... to do this, to set the root passwd type: 'sudo passwd root' from the account you installed in.

Working great now, this is awesome!

odyssey1234

odyssey1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
This works like a charm for me (laggy, but.. good enough for my needs).

Actually, this doesn't really work well for me.. when I try to use xcode, the machine reboots. Something's not right..

One question, though.. how do I change the screen resolution? Only 1024x768 shows up in the system preferences.. and I'd like to use 1280x1024..

MasterMJ2k4

MasterMJ2k4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,
i converted the image to ESX Server with AMD Processor. It starts with no problems and now, ive got a problem with the network interface. It don't works... I tryed to use this methods from pcwiz:

Ethernet How-To

• To get Ethernet working in Leopard on VMWare follow these instructions (its easy)
  • Back at the VM home screen, go to VM menu >> Settings
  • Click Add and from the dialog that comes up, choose Ethernet Adapter and click Next
  • Make sure Bridged is chosen and the Connect at power on box is checked and click Finish
  • Boot into your Leopard VM and go to System Preferences (in the Dock)
  • Click on the Network preference pane
  • It will say that a new interface (en0) has been detected, choose the Ethernet Adapter from the left pane
  • Assuming that your internet is auto configuring DHCP, just click the Apply button.
  • Even if it says Cable disconnected or not connected, ignore it, Ethernet will still work
  • It will pull up all your DNS info and everything automatically, close System Preferences
  • You should be able to use Apple Software Update and go on the net fine!
Ethernet Method 2

• If it still doesn't work, here's another method to do it (make sure that you have an Ethernet adapter configured as Bridged and that you have rebooted the virtual machine after adding the adapter)
  • Go back to System Preferences and open the Network preferences again
  • Click on Ethernet from the left pane and at the bottom click the Assist Me button
  • In the resulting dialog box click the Assistant button
  • The Network Setup Assistant will start up, give the Location a name and click Continue
  • Choose the "I use a cable modem to connect to the Internet" option
  • Click Continue again, and then it will take a moment and tell you that you can't connect automatically and to enter some details
  • Without entering any details click Continue and click OK at the dialog box (this sort of "activates" the Ethernet)
  • Now click the Go Back button twice to get to the screen to choose a connection option
  • This time choose "I connect to my local area network (LAN)"
  • At the Ready to Connect screen click Continue and now it will give you a confirmation that you are connected
  • Click Done or whatever button and close System Preferences, Internet should be working

major_deegan

major_deegan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i can't seem to get the admin password to work for the life of me using the MAC OS X Leopard 10.5.5 VMware Image torrent. i've tried "password", "Xelabo", "pcwiz", "xelabo", "PASSWORD", "", "LETMEIN!!!!", "sex", "god", etc. anyone know?!? please help!

Krogdor

Krogdor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

After spending waaaaay too much time on this, I finally got a near perfect installation of MacOSX running in VMWare. I found pcwiz's instance to be way to slow, and also he created it with a 15Gig partition which was way too small for me and I could not find a way to resize it. So I created my own instance using the latest version of ideneb. Here is what I ended up doing.

Download ideneb 1.4 for leopard 10.5.6
Run vmware workstation, create a new instance, set it to FreeBSD 64bit
Create a 64 gig virtual disk (or however big you need), I used SCSI type
Mount the ideneb ISO as a cd/dvd rom drive
Boot off the dvd
when you get to the install location portion of the install wizard, run disk utils (upper menu bar) and create single partition (default type, journaled HFS+)
install ideneb
after installation, edit your .vmx file and change guest OS to "darwin-64"
bootup
now you should have a working leopard install- for me everything worked right away, I just needed to adjust my monitor resolution as described here:

http://######.com/in...=...1&Itemid=32

you will need to 'su root' to edit that file... to do this, to set the root passwd type: 'sudo passwd root' from the account you installed in.

Working great now, this is awesome!

Hey, I'd like to this method out because the main one posted here gives me the same issue that the last few people on this thread have had... I was hoping I could get it to work your way.

However, I'm getting a bit confused on some of the instructions (Sorry, never really used VMWare before).
When you say
"Boot off the dvd
when you get to the install location portion of the install wizard, run disk utils (upper menu bar) and create single partition (default type, journaled HFS+)"
You mean in VMWare, right? Because I don't really see any "disk utils" thing in VMWare.
Also, when you say "install ideneb," where exactly am I installing it, and what am I using to install it? Am I installing it within the virtualization, or on my normal computer?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy