NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

About the GX2: Does it only work on nVida boards with 2 x16 PCIe slots? I've got a GA-P35-DS4 (Intel based) which has 2 x16 slots (For Crossfire). Will it work on that? If so, how did you get it working with these new drivers? I'll be doing this on a fresh Boot-132 install. Thanks aqua-mac

Roadcrash1,

What is your device id?

Egovoruhk,

The only successes I have come across so far are with nvidia chipsets or X48 chipsets with 9800 GX2. If the board is a X48, the card will only work in the second PCIe slot. I have no personal experience of the nvidia chipsets but one of the users here (azamic) has. It has been reported so far that P35/38 will not work.

Have a look here:

http://aquamac.proboards106.com/index.cgi?...&thread=569

You will need to get the PCI addresses from windows. I have included my GX2 plist for GFX Strings below.

foyaeman,

Your card should work. Is this on a fresh install. What are the details of your install?

9800_GX2_GFX_Strings.zip

foyaeman,

Your card should work. Is this on a fresh install. What are the details of your install?

Yes, it is a fresh install. iDeneb 10.5.5 no video drivers, Conextant HD Smart Audio 221, Intel SSE3

Thank you! :(

I have to go to work now, will be back later.

aquamac.

I have to go to bed, hopefully I'll be up by the time you're off work :(

Thanks,

Foy

Great news! I was able to get QE/CI, Res change, and all the other good stuff on my 9800m GTS with iDeneb 10.5.5!

1. Install new kext's using Aqua-Macs' installer

2. Install NVDarwin, custom install, select your amount of vRam, restart, and voila!

Should work with 9600m as well!

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for this driver! It is working like a charm with my EVGA GeForce 9600 GT

Here's what I had to do to make it work:

I installed iDeneb 10.5.5 without any video drivers (i.e. not picking any video drivers options) at this point it wouldnt even boot in Normal Mode, only in safe mode...

I downloaded your driver, installed it... repaired permissions, rebooted, now I could boot in normal mode, but I would get a really funky result when I tried to move windows etc.. and still couldnt change resolution...

I generated an EFI string following the instructions of this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=937393 (Using OSx86tools)

Repaired permissions, rebooted... and bam... fully working! With QE/CI, TV Out is working, everything is looking smooth!

OMG it worked! was so close in selling my 9600gt for a supported card. Thanks everyone!

Roadcrash1,

I have updated the drivers to v2, they now include your card at the beginning of this thread.

Aqua-Mac you are the man lol i just got home from school so i'll test a little later on and post feedback

Aqua-Mac i made a gfx efi string with osx86tools and it didn't work this is what it says

nVida GeForce 9700m GTS:

Chipset Model: nVida GeForce 9700m GTS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x062a

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVida GeForce 9700m GTS OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

info taken from lspci

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:062a] (rev a1)

Rio,

If it refused to boot, what exactly happened. It is most likely you did something slightly wrong when making the strings.

roadcrash,

Is that a fresh install? Try deleting "Extensions.mkext" in your System/Library folder then re-boot with -f. You could also try inputing your device id into GeForce.kext and using the permissions repair script here

Don't give up, I think this should work, you may want to try a fresh install, but with no video drivers. Get up to 10.5.5 then install the kexts. What is the PCI address of your motherboard?

Macgirl,

If only!!!!

whoo hoooo!! it works !!!

I did your installer first, then NVdarwin with 512mb option, and hey presto, QE/CI and my native resolution

okay it says unknown card, but it works, i have been trying for weeks now ;)

Thank you very much :D

1.tiff

Rio678,

Excellent! That means it was the strings that were wrong!

Roadcrash,

Have a look here, this will install the GeForce.kext & NVDAResman.kext with your device id in:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156283877/nVid..._Extra.zip.html

A word of warning, this can only be used with the card shown above. If you want to overwrite, just re-apply the original kexts at the beginning of the post.