NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

I just made an installer for the NVIDIA 9 Series Drivers taken from the new Macbookpro Update. Download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html

My 9800 GTX now uses the correct Open GL Engine.

seriesdriverinst.jpeg

10.5.5 minimum requirement I would think.

:)

Hey, thanks aqua-mac.

Did you notice that the fan of the card behave like Windows with this drivers, On first boot after install of these drivers fan starts to increasing its speed, then back to low speed, I never had this on Mac OS but on windows.

The only problem I noticed is that OpenGL Viewer Extension test only shows 800x600 and 640x480 resolutions. So i couldnt compare fps with my previous tests because I did with 1440x1050.

Hi guys, there are rumors that h264 decoding is also supported by these new drivers .. can someone upload AppleVAH264HW.component quicktime component ? Maybe we can get ... hardware decoding for our 8xxx card too. Btw, I have an 8800GT (G92) and I wonder if it is possible to make this drivers working .. Also I winder if, it is possible to have beside the before component and the new version of quicktime ...

Hi guys, there are rumors that h264 decoding is also supported by these new drivers .. can someone upload AppleVAH264HW.component quicktime component ? Maybe we can get ... hardware decoding for our 8xxx card too. Btw, I have an 8800GT (G92) and I wonder if it is possible to make this drivers working .. Also I winder if, it is possible to have beside the before component and the new version of quicktime ...

where did you get this rumor? I'm anxious to see H264 hardware decoding comes to OS X, because my CPU is a bit weak, so I can only watch those HD movies under windows new.

It is not a rumor, even if I have get the news from appleinsider and macrumors ... , it is a fact ... so .... it will be a big and huge improvement for us. All the tests show an huge decrease on cpu usage ... Snow it is coming ... in advance

please auqamac try in slot 1. i'm x48 rampage formula, i've tried nvacp custom, nvcap fro efitudio..your driver in the first post..a lotof things but or blue screen or qurz disable and freeze after a bit..please try 1 the first slot ..you're my hope!.thanks

Thanks a lot for this driver! It is working like a charm with my EVGA GeForce 9600 GT

Here's what I had to do to make it work:

I installed iDeneb 10.5.5 without any video drivers (i.e. not picking any video drivers options) at this point it wouldnt even boot in Normal Mode, only in safe mode...

I downloaded your driver, installed it... repaired permissions, rebooted, now I could boot in normal mode, but I would get a really funky result when I tried to move windows etc.. and still couldnt change resolution...

I generated an EFI string following the instructions of this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=937393 (Using OSx86tools)

Repaired permissions, rebooted... and bam... fully working! With QE/CI, TV Out is working, everything is looking smooth!

Thanks a lot for this driver! It is working like a charm with my EVGA GeForce 9600 GT

Here's what I had to do to make it work:

I installed iDeneb 10.5.5 without any video drivers (i.e. not picking any video drivers options) at this point it wouldnt even boot in Normal Mode, only in safe mode...

I downloaded your driver, installed it... repaired permissions, rebooted, now I could boot in normal mode, but I would get a really funky result when I tried to move windows etc.. and still couldnt change resolution...

I generated an EFI string following the instructions of this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=937393 (Using OSx86tools)

Repaired permissions, rebooted... and bam... fully working! With QE/CI, TV Out is working, everything is looking smooth!

I'm about to do this. How do you boot in safe mode?

Right guys,

Glad to hear things are working. You all already have the latest open GL Framework if you have 10.5.5 as there is not one included in the macbook pro update. In fact the update only includes Graphics drivers and a bluetooth update. I did not bother about the bluetooth as I suspect it is specifically for the macbook pro which may have some new bluetooth hardware.

On the subject of the 9800 GX2, it still only is working in the second PCIe slot I am afraid, although it is fully recognized in this 16x slot on my Asus P5E3 Premium wifi@n mainboard.

gx2openglengine.jpeg

So there must be some problem with the way the boards we are using address the first 16x PCIe slot combined with the onboard SLi bridge. It is very strange indeed. We know that the 9800 GTX works, so all that is left is the bridge!

This post on the handbrake forums indicates that there is indeed also a Purevideo component to the new driver that the new QT will take advantage of:

http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=41600

Some people have already requested the file:

/System/Library/QuickTime/AppleVAH264HW.component/Contents/MacOS/AppleVAH264HW

And I would also assume QT needs the following to also work:

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceVADriver

My guess is its the second one that is the GFX card driver for Video Accelration (hence the name GeForceVADriver) and the first one is an extension for QT...

This isn't going to improve ffmpeg decoding, but should help quicktime.

From the handbrake forum, both of those files have string references to both VP2 and VP3 which is Purevideo functionality, though the only the newest 9 series Geforce's are supposed to support VP3, the 8600MGT only has the VP2 functionality of Purevideo so hopefully these files will still work on old versions.

AFAIK this is separate functionality from using shaders and OpenCL/CUDA to do decoding/encoding... I mean even in Windows only certain drivers and certain players had support for the DXVA 2.0 stuff...

The ATI Equivalent would be AVIVO/UVD, which is a separate chip on the ATI boards... no idea if they have a VA driver? My guess not since there was no ATI card in the new products just released.

Alright, I finally got the 9800m GTS working after many update problems, res change finally works BUT I can't seem to get QE/CI working properly!! Any and all help would be appreciated :(

5peftd.png

Right guys,

Glad to hear things are working. You all already have the latest open GL Framework if you have 10.5.5 as there is not one included in the macbook pro update. In fact the update only includes Graphics drivers and a bluetooth update. I did not bother about the bluetooth as I suspect it is specifically for the macbook pro which may have some new bluetooth hardware.

MacBook Update 1.2 does not contain all the files that is new in Late 2008 MBs. It already comes with a different build, SU 1.2 updates is on top of this.

There is a newer version of OpenGL.framework in new MBs.

I installed this driver. Now I've got on my 9600 gt QE, but i cannot switch resolution in control panel. When I changing properties i see a "blue scree". My monitor have got d-sub port, but i must connect it by DVI. What can I do?

Foyaeman,

Are you using GFX Strings or nvinject/NVkush.

Chrysaor,

Thanks for that info.

Kakadu,

You could use a DVI to VGA convertor.

I just followed your EFi strings guide and pasted it into my boot.plist file