ATI ATA Chipset Imporved

Zappadoc

62 posts in this topic

hello.

i have installed this kext, step by step. all seems ok (my Mobo is MSI on RS400 chipset)

reboot and all works good....

really faster (intead udma5 i have before)

but when i reboot second time the system boot stopped with the STOP sign at the center.

try to boot with -s and saw "waiting for root device"

• 1 month later...

on my laptop ( compaq presario M2000 series ) SB400, but the driver identified as SB450, it seems that my HDD is still very-very slow.. any help ?

fortunately, after applying this driver, it can boot .. thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using a RD580 chipset with the ULi 1575 southbridge and I was wondering if someone could implement the P-ATA controller into a kext file. The device id is 0x5229 and vendor ID is 10B9. I think all ATI crossfire motherboards so far are using this chipset, so it seems relevant to try to add it to this kext. Thanks a bunch.

Paul

• 5 weeks later...
Im also having a hard time with my Uli M1575

Ide controller is called Ali m5229 PCI Bus Master IDE-controller, and is the id given in the previous post

I have actually gotten this to work. Add 0x522910B9 to the SATA section of AppleVIAATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist and remove or rename IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGenericPCATA.kext and it should give you full UDMA modes.

Good luck.

Thanx blacknight, i will try it and test it with xbench, see if there's a difference. I also think I really should switch to sata, but all in due time. If this works, I only need to get my ati x1900xt going and I'll have full support. Well except for that I can't Use SSE3 with my Amd 64 +4400 X2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i've been having so trouble installing this driver the steps i've been do in are:

1. cp -R /AppleOnboardPCATA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

2. chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleOnBoardPCATA.kext

3. chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleOnBoardPCATA.kext

4. rm -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGenericPCATA.kext

5. rm -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleOnBoardPCATA.kext

6. rm -f /system/library/Extensions*

7. kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

I've verfied that all the commands are completed, and when i reboot, it says "Load of /sbin/launched failed, errno 5"If someone could tell me what i'm doing wrong or write me a new install guide i would really apperciate it.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hello.

i have installed this kext, step by step. all seems ok (my Mobo is MSI on RS400 chipset)

reboot and all works good....

really faster (intead udma5 i have before)

but when i reboot second time the system boot stopped with the STOP sign at the center.

try to boot with -s and saw "waiting for root device"

same thing with the new Turion X2 based notebook. With the old Turion laptop on the same chipset everything worked fine. Now the system boots only after i delete kextcache or with "-x" boot option. VERY VERY SAD.

I was wondering, the AppleATIIXPATA.kext also has some SATA parts in its info.plist. Would it be possible the get ati sata cards working trough that? I have an ati sata 4379 onboard chipset and I was wondering if I could get it working trought this kext by adding vendor id somewhere in this kext?

• 5 weeks later...

Where is the .kext? I can't found it. Can you please give me another URL to find it. Thanks, i have almost the same machine as yours.

Intel D101GGCL

Pentium D 805 2.66 GHz

1 GB DDR RAM

120 GB HDD Seagate / 7200 RPM

40 GB HDD Maxtor / 5400 RPM (for Mac)

DVD+R\+RW\-R\-RW LG 16x

CD-RW TDK 24x10x40x

SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 (Doesn't work in Mac OS X)

Lifeview Analog TV Capture Card (Doesn't work in Mac OS X)

Iomega ZIP 100 USB

• 3 weeks later...

i think this the correct place to place my dumb question, i got a p4 531 fsb 800 d101ggc mobo, sata 160 maxtor, andddd i got the error while installing JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.iso "still waiting for root device", my question i got a chance to fix that and continue with the installation if i do...? what a f*** i have to do...?

• 4 weeks later...