G94(9600gt) is fully supported by new mbp drivers!

generalmilk

303 posts in this topic

I succesfully installed my ZOTAC GeForce 9600 GT 512MB with EFI strings but the S-Video out is not working at all.

It was working on 10.5.8, but after upgrading to snow leopard the S-Video is not working. I have 10.6.2.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried putting nvenabler64 in the Extra/Extensions folder, I could see it loading on boot, but still no S-Video. Any ideas

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Great bit of info here regarding installing the 9600GT using MBP drivers, and efi strings from OSx86, It hasn't exactly worked out for me, but that might be my fault. In my case I was actually pretty much at the same point I am now, where I was only using a efi string in boot.plist. to achieve CI/QE proper name and memory detection of the card in Vanilla 10.5.6 on an ASUS P5Q, and recently updated to 10.5.8. I still had a problem due to the fact that OSX would give me a black screen with only a cursor on my secondary display when mirroring is activated. My card has two DVI ports and an S-Video port, 512MB dd3 I believe it is a PNY Verto, I have not tested the TV-out port, but have used 3 different displays on both DVI ports with same result. Strangely enough the secondary display will work in mirror mode if there is some rotation of any sort applied, and if I try fooling around and switching the displays on the DVI ports I sometimes can't recover to a visible desktop and will be stuck with just a blue background. I have set my card up in several different ways and the ones which allowed me to even use the second DVI port for dual display support all failed pretty much the same way. Currently I used this method, installed MBP drivers using aqua macs pkg, edited NVDANV50hal's nfo plist with my dev ID of 0x062210de, updating the entry that was originally listed in the plist for dev ID 601 I if I remember correctly... Repaired permissions, added custom string using OSx86 Tools and I'm back with same wierd display mirroring strangeness

In case it helps, my card shows as

NVidia GeForce 9600 GT:

Chipset Model: NVidia GeForce 9600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0622

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVidia GeForce 9600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Cintiq 12WX:

Resolution: 1280 x 800 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Hmm... Now that is odd, I'm on my 24' Samsung Syncmaster LCD right now and the Cintiq has been disconnected for over 30 minutes.

I think I saw a post on an other forum mentioning the same problem with a 9400 GT, maybe Tonymac. They still haven't gotten the issue resolved.

After following the steps of adding my device ID 0622 to NDVANV50Hal.kext I just noticed that my computer will not return from the display going to sleep. I went ahead and returned the kext to its pre edited back up copy, verified that my card ID was NOT listed, repaired permissions rebooted, and set display sleep down to 2 minutes. It solved that issue... by the way again, I am running vanilla Leopard 10.5.8, with Efi string for video card generated from OSX86 tools. The settings I used are "NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT", 512mb VRAM, and outputs to DVI-DVI. Also I have installed the updated kext files using Aqua Mac's installation package. Also incase it helps to pinpoint the problem, the no return from video sleep was happening when I booted from Chameleon 2 RC3 locally installed, and even when booting my trusty old boot132 flash drive(this is a life saver).

Well... I am stumped on the video mirror problem. One more note, with the EFI string alone, as in none of the kexts have my cards device id listed this is what system profiler displays for my card

NVidia GeForce 9600 GT:

Chipset Model: NVidia GeForce 9600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0622

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVidia GeForce 9600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display Connector: