OSX86Tools screwed my Intel X3100 Graphics card

raziiq

4 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I have an Intel X3100 Graphics card that was working fine on my Kalyway 10.5.2, then i downloaded and installed OSX86Tools and checked for my drivers update, it showed me the updates for my Audio and Graphics cards and when i clicked Download and Install Drivers it asked me to restart and when i restarted my computer i have no graphics when i booted back into Leopard, the screen is blue cant see anything :) .

Is there any way to revert the changes to my graphics card from darwin's bootloader???

Please help i m stuck

boot your mac partition with -s. To do that press F8 at the boot loader screen and type -s then press enter.

then wait for it to finishing loading and type /sbin/mount -uw / and press enter.

After that type rm -r /system/library/extensions/AppleIntelGMAX* and press enter.

After that type rm -r /system/library/extensions.mkext and press enter.

Then type reboot then enter.

At the boot loader again press F8 then type -f -v and enter. Enjoy mac once again!

thanks for the help but i already figured that out :D , i entered my desktop then used HOOKED method in some other thread to install my graphics card and now i have my QE/CI enabled full resolution driver installed but i m having a problem with that sleep wake method, :) everytime i boot my laptop i have to use that POWER + S + enter key combination to enter my login screen which is really irritating :(

Any suggestion about this problem??