How to disassemble a Mac Pro enclosure?

pkshdk

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I just got my Mac Pro enclosure and really want to get cracking... But I already ran into a couple of problems.

How the hell do I remove that metal thing that holds the PSU fan? I got most of the screws out, but there's those little taps that holds the metal piece in place where you only can see bolts, and not any screws... How the hell do I go those out? :S

Hey guys.

I just got my Mac Pro enclosure and really want to get cracking... But I already ran into a couple of problems.

How the hell do I remove that metal thing that holds the PSU fan? I got most of the screws out, but there's those little taps that holds the metal piece in place where you only can see bolts, and not any screws... How the hell do I go those out? :S

Is it not the same as this?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=4525&st=60

How the hell do I remove that metal thing that holds the PSU fan? I got most of the screws out, but there's those little taps that holds the metal piece in place.

Yes indeed, there are screws and rivets. I drill the flat side of the rivet to get it out.

lol... this one is fun! the top underside on the case holds the PSU fan bracket on with pot rivets.. you have to pop them off.. I removed all the screws i could.. then used a dremel to cut away at the bracket its self.. once i was able to wiggle it i put a large (wide) flat head screwdriver under the topside (where the pop rivets are) and popped them out.

I'm pretty sure i posted some shots over at the Aqua-Mac forums.. take a look.

Aqua-Mac Forums

Best of luck.

J.