Flashed my graphics card and it is not starting up

Arun Kumar

5 posts in this topic

I have a XFX 512 MB 8600 GT and I had a dual boot setup with Vista and Kalyway Mac OS 10.5.2

Mac OS Did not recognise my graphics card and showed only 32 MB VRAM with 1024 * 768.

I flashed my XFX 512 MB 8600 GT card with the procedures mentioned here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...40&start=40

and my computer is not starting up.

I can only boot with my onboard graphics card now. When my PCI e is connected it will not start up. Is there any way we can flash the ROM back. (I have backep up the original ROM file)

Any suggestions to get back my graphics card with the original ROM? I have a Asus P5K-VM board with 1 PCI e x16.

I have a XFX 512 MB 8600 GT and I had a dual boot setup with Vista and Kalyway Mac OS 10.5.2

Mac OS Did not recognise my graphics card and showed only 32 MB VRAM with 1024 * 768.

I flashed my XFX 512 MB 8600 GT card with the procedures mentioned here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...40&start=40

and my computer is not starting up.

I can only boot with my onboard graphics card now. When my PCI e is connected it will not start up. Is there any way we can flash the ROM back. (I have backep up the original ROM file)

Any suggestions to get back my graphics card with the original ROM? I have a Asus P5K-VM board with 1 PCI e x16.

Usually you should be able to "blind flash" the card. Boot from the floppy with the original BIOS, and type the command to flash the BIOS. If all goes well you should have working gfx after reboot.

Good luck,

Mike

Bios flashing IN NOT NECESSARY for 8xxx nvidia series, but only for 7xxx or less. You have just to modify info.plist in order to have right ram amount. I suggest you to do more research before doing something dangerous like bios flashing.

Anyway, try blind flashing as mike suggested you.

• 3 years later...
or boot from the integrated and leave the pci-e card in and flash that way, alot easier than doing it blind

I second this. I buy boards without integrated graphics though, so if I'm in a pickle flashing a card I just pop in an old PCI card (Diamond II) of kind that won't be picked up by the flasher itself. Easier that way.