ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 driver hopefully?

bigkave

44 posts in this topic

Any luck with this driver yet?

Well, what works for me is the detection of my screen and resolution switching. But alas: no CI/QE. I tried to look up the pages and kext that helped me get it to 'work' but I couldn't find them anymore. I'll try to find them later tonight.

How I got it to 'work' on just installed iPC 10.5.6:

• Remove /S/L/E/ATIRadeonX2000.kext
  • Install RadeonHD.kext from attached zip file
  • Reboot while keeping fingers crossed

I use a Dell Studio 1737 with ATI mobility Radeon 3650 HD with deviceid: 0x9591 1002

Surprisingly useable without CI/QE!

Good luck!

RadeonHD.kext.10.5.zip

Well, what works for me is the detection of my screen and resolution switching. But alas: no CI/QE. I tried to look up the pages and kext that helped me get it to 'work' but I couldn't find them anymore. I'll try to find them later tonight.

I use a Dell Studio 1737 with ATI mobility Radeon 3650 HD with deviceid: 0x9591 1002

Good luck!

I have the same computer and used your kext and was able to boot without safe mode, but I still can't change the resolution, how did you get that to work?

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck!

Thanks, uBeer!

It 'works' for my Asus F8 with ATI Mobility HD 3650 too. I can switch the revolution now. But the same, no CI/QE. Please let us know your progress on the CI/QE.

I have the same computer and used your kext and was able to boot without safe mode, but I still can't change the resolution, how did you get that to work?

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

If you still have OS X installed: could you check to see if the radeonhd.kext is loaded after startup? You can see that by starting System Profiler and then select Extensions in the section Software. It should be listed there.

Oh, and if you're using Snow Leopard: make sure the system starts in 32 bit mode. I have Chameleon RC4 (latest atm) installed and I boot into 32b mode by modifying /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist to have the value for Kernel Flags be arch=i386.

Hope that this will help you out!

Thanks, uBeer!

It 'works' for my Asus F8 with ATI Mobility HD 3650 too. I can switch the revolution now. But the same, no CI/QE. Please let us know your progress on the CI/QE.

I think I wasn't too clear in that post. I never had CI/QE working: I was talking about the fact that I couldn't find the original 'source' (read: url) of the RadeonHD.kext that I used. So alas: I'm still waiting for that as well (though it's probably in vain...)

uBeer, Thanks for posting the RadeonHD.kext file. I managed to install the kext on my Asus laptop with the mobility 3650, repaired permissions etc, reboot with -f -v flags and it worked. I have 4 different resolutions to choose from with the screen saver working also. The resolution is useable with most video editing programs (final cut and premiere), dvd playback software working, although I will never play games in OSX, for this I use Windows, I still think that to get this far with such a complex and unsupported graphics card is cool. Lets hope that CI/QE gets developed too.

P.S Does your computer only display the VRAM as 256MB also? The mobility is 1GB..

:(

He thejoka,

Glad I could helped somebody :D

That's weird about your VRAM, mine is a 256MB card and all information in System Profiler seems correct about my card.

I didn't even know there were 1GB cards in laptops... Guess I need a new one :P

uBeer, Just thought I would post you a screen print of my graphics card (in windows) showing the 1GB dedicated video memory, however OSX only see's 256MB. Not sure why...possibly something to do with the driver in OSX...

post-527392-1263860539_thumb.jpg

Just a heads up, don't hold your breath for CI/QE, it isn't coming unless apple decides to use this card (or similar), due to the fact that it would require an almost complete rewrite of the framebuffers. This has been stated by the resident devs.

Good luck!

Thank you for this, i have a Toshiba A300 with mobility hd3650 512mb and it says 256mb too, but at least i have 1280x800 res now, since i've allready tried all for this and nothing worked this was the best i could have so thank you! By the way, where you got the kext?

Thank you for this, i have a Toshiba A300 with mobility hd3650 512mb and it says 256mb too, but at least i have 1280x800 res now, since i've allready tried all for this and nothing worked this was the best i could have so thank you! By the way, where you got the kext?

Finally found it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

I got one of the latest. Too bad the code.google.com page doesn't have releases for download, only sources that only build for 10.5... Too bad that I have no clue whatsoever to fix it for 10.6

• 5 weeks later...
Finally found it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

I got one of the latest. Too bad the code.google.com page doesn't have releases for download, only sources that only build for 10.5... Too bad that I have no clue whatsoever to fix it for 10.6

Hi Ubeer,

I have exactly the same computer as you Studio 1737 but I can't change the resolution.I can only use 1024x768...

All is installed correctly RadeonHd is listed in system profiler, and MacOs boots normally. I use IDeneb 1.4 and 10.5.8 , i have tried all is available but I can't find any way to chaneg resolution to 1440x900...

• 1 month later...

Good luck!

Hi ubeer,

I have the same Studio 1737 but your tips doesn't work for me.

I can't get higher resolution than 1024x768...

Thank for your help.

Wow, I'm surprised that radeon experts haven't jumped on this thread.

But with those drivers that were posted earlier, you will only receive native res, if that much.

QE/CI as of right now, will never exist for Mobility Radeon HD

Apple doesn't use it in there products so drivers and support for it will never exist.

Until Apple starts using Mobility Radeon HD in their systems, you will never see drivers enabling QE/CI.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!!!

Any news about ATI mobility radeon hd 3650?

I was reading almost the whole post about this.

My Laptop is Acer Aspire 6920g and the graphic card is the famous card Mobility Radeon HD 3650.

[sorry About my English, I'm Spanish I'm learning it]

• 1 month later...

I got it to work i mean i can change resolutions but the screen is undetected and it's flashing can anybody help i have a toshiba p300 ati mobility radeon hd3650 btw in the about this mac everything seems fine

img0442da.jpg

img0441ez.jpg

post-656585-1286030311_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
no news!

I tested some installations, unfortunately no one worked. It was colorful

Hello, here have news for HD 3650 for me in 10.6.5, now i have full resulutio 1440 x 900 in mi Dell Studio 1737, is very simple, I edit witch my devide id 9591 of the ATI3800Controller.kext an ful resulution, all kext vanilla 10.6.5, no QE CI.

Good Luck!!!! :):(:D :D

• 1 month later...
Hello, here have news for HD 3650 for me in 10.6.5, now i have full resulutio 1440 x 900 in mi Dell Studio 1737, is very simple, I edit witch my devide id 9591 of the ATI3800Controller.kext an ful resulution, all kext vanilla 10.6.5, no QE CI.

Good Luck!!!! :wacko::D :D :D

Same here, full resolution No QE/CI. Like someone said before, until apple uses it in their systems its unlikely we'll have a fix for full QE/CI.