boot1 error

insanecon

21 posts in this topic

Hey,

Reinstall your bootloader again

Hello!

How does one go about that?

I know my way about in terminal (linux console) so You can be technical as much as it's needed but I'm new to this Hackintosh stuff.

I have the same problem with boo0: MBR, boot0: done, boot1: error sequence.

I tried installing iDeneb v1.3 on USB disk (have 3 more SATA drives connected to onboard SATA controller - ASUS P5Q-E MBO, Intel Q9550 CPU, ATI HD4870).

I booted DVD, erased USB drive and formated it with case-sensitive journaled HFS. Installed 10.5.5 on that volume, rebooted and chose USB disk as to be primary booting device in BIOS.

Then I get this messages.

Any link or help is much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I'm also having the same problems. I installed iDeneb v1.3 onto a partition I created on my primary hard disk. It booted great. I decided 20gb wasn't enough. So I bought a new disk, and proceeded to reinstall iDeneb on it. After I did that, I tried to boot it and got the boot1: error.

Since then I've tried removing the new drive and booting from the old partition, but I can no longer do that. I tried reinstalling onto my primary disk (several times), but still receive the boot1: error.

I haven't a clue how to boot that partition without using the method that worked in the past, so "reinstall the bootloader again." doesn't help me, as all the guides require me to ALEADY be running MacOS.

• 3 weeks later...

I have same problem with iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. I think problem come from boot* file from iDeneb dvd, I have another once but can not mount usb or any another partition in installation mode to try it, iDeneb have problem with loop device also(we have to see error message when using command "mount -uw /" then "mkdir leopard" in root). Can any body help me to mount fat32 fs in osx86 installation mode?

I'm having this problem too. Just to be clear on what I've used:

iAtkos 5.5i

PC_EFI v9

MBR partitioning scheme

Case-sensitive, Journaled, HFS+ partition at the end of the drive.

I know I've set the leopard partition active (in the iAtkos DVD, and confirmed with a linux liveCD). It seems like a lot of the stuff is done behind the scenes with this install though. The dummy-bless is executed in the log though, but that doesn't help much ;\.

Thanks for the effort, but no. That would require wiping the entire hard drive. I am looking into the diskutil though, to see if I can cheat and freespace my current partitions and recover them later. But doesn't the installer automatically detect MBR/GPT partition style?

EDIT: Got it:

/dev/disk# refers to the hard disk on which your Leopard partition is located. (For me: /dev/disk0)

/dev/disk#s# refers to the partition itself. (For me: /dev/disk0s3, the third partition on the first disk)

// Refers to a comment, hopefully instilling some sense to know if I wrote it down wrong and you want to correct me.

This is me, using MBR-EFIv9:

Open up a terminal.

cd /usr/standalone/i386

//Change directory to the bootloaders section, so I don't have to type out as much.

diskutil umount /dev/disk#s#

//Unmount all active partitions, so dd will work.

dd if=boot0 of=/dev/disk# bs=400 count=1

//Writes the MBR loader to search for the boot1h

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk#s#

//Writes the boot handler for HFS partitions.

startupfiletool -v /dev/disk#s# bootefi9

//Writes the EFIv9 bootloader to Leopard's partition.

bless -v /dev/disk#s#

//No idea.

Reboot and I am not liable. This was done using iAtkos, startupfiletool's arguments may vary.

This worked, but I did it after I had installed Leopard, so these are just the steps to fix your bootloader. G'luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Check out the README in /usr/standalone/i386

For users who have tried reinstalling the bootloader and still get boot1 error messages, I reformatted the OSX installation in standard journalled format i.e. Do NOT use the case-sensitive format, because it doesn't appear to work. I have confirmed this in a couple of recent installs. I think the boot1h component just doesn't recognise the HFS+ case-sensitive format.

Check out the README in /usr/standalone/i386

For users who have tried reinstalling the bootloader and still get boot1 error messages, I reformatted the OSX installation in standard journalled format i.e. Do NOT use the case-sensitive format, because it doesn't appear to work. I have confirmed this in a couple of recent installs. I think the boot1h component just doesn't recognise the HFS+ case-sensitive format.

I can confirm this, it works! Thanks a lot! No more boot1:errors :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I tried all to activate the partition (verified in Linux to make sure it was really activated). Then I used Master Chief method with my iatkos DVD but it did not change anything. I also checked to make sure my partition is not case-sensitive but nothing worked. Is there any other solutions to install Snow Leopard on an Asus P5L-VM? I tried to ask the same question in the Snow Leopard forum but my post always get deleted because supposedly a solution already exist? What's the purpose of insanely mac if you can't find solutions for your problem? The only solutions I found were the one from this post here and as I already said, they didn't work.

• 1 year later...
Hello!

How does one go about that?

I know my way about in terminal (linux console) so You can be technical as much as it's needed but I'm new to this Hackintosh stuff.

I have the same problem with boo0: MBR, boot0: done, boot1: error sequence.

I tried installing iDeneb v1.3 on USB disk (have 3 more SATA drives connected to onboard SATA controller - ASUS P5Q-E MBO, Intel Q9550 CPU, ATI HD4870).

I booted DVD, erased USB drive and formated it with case-sensitive journaled HFS. Installed 10.5.5 on that volume, rebooted and chose USB disk as to be primary booting device in BIOS.

Then I get this messages.

Any link or help is much appreciated.

Dude u r suppose to select Mac OS X HFS+ Journaled not case sensative to most who have installed with this format have this problem

Actually this format of Apple is very unstable and can only be used to proper Macs

reinstall the system with SATA controllers if u get any and thn try