9600M GT

PacmanMCE

107 posts in this topic

yes you shuld change id on nvda* kext.. and..

choose and try one by one one injector .. only the natit is not valid.

nvdarwin is not good for you?

hmm i think the main problem is with the nvdaresman.kext, because it´s allways the same result, while it´s installed:

nvdarwin -> black screen / without NvdaResman.kext booted up but gfx recognized but without QE/CI and no vga/hdmi

efi string -> black screen / without NvdaResman.kext booted up but gfx recognized but without QE/CI and no vga/hdmi

dsdt patch -> black screen / without NvdaResman.kext booted up but gfx recognized but without QE/CI and no vga/hdmi

with nvdaresman the screen goes black after osx boots up but the system is correctly bootet up because i can here sounds of volume up etc..

ok i will try another injector but i think it´s gonna be the same result.

then the problem seems to be nvdaresman..

did you tried the 9000 v2 package?

now.. except for the one posted by me.. are you using kext from the 10.5.6 upgrade?

ok. we've very different setup.. it's hard to help ypu.. i've 10.5.6.. with smbios-33 anv compiled .. dsdt .. (but with kernel 9.5 voodoo xnu and chamaleon 1.0.12 dsdt is not useful) and I think my nvdaresman is only good for that config.

in fact I tried too to replace and load the most recent drivers.. with black screen.

Really no.. .it's not a black screen.. is as you wrote.. is a dark simil black screen.. but you see a little backlight rear.. and hear tipical process of gui that is started.

Still not working on my end. New 9000 v2 drivers tested with an EFI string and still black screen after boot, can someone who have this card working write a Step by Step Guide of what is using: from Distro to Drivers and installation methods.

That will be very nice

thanks

...like i´ve said, the black screen is an issue with nvdaresman.kext. delete it and you will get into osx but you won´t get qe/ci

ok.. another try

did you get ideneb upgrade kit 1.1?

is in italian sub forum

this includes a lot of changes to patch correctly an hackintosh 10.5.6 with the correct stuff..

important.. it put correct acpi.. iopci.. appleframebuffer, io graphicfamily.. and important.. it has a packet called InvidiaID .. that remake your kext nvidia to fit all the id of all the known cards.

i tested it and my resolution remains.. and qe/ci too. then.. i consider that that package is very heavy (600+ mb) but useful.

because of the fact that in the time you (me.. ) do a lot of changes.. and it's is difficult to take the map of which drivers are congruent into the same macro upgrade (10.5.6 i.e.) or which are modded.. patched.. older.. etc.

then.. with that package i resolved 3 big issues..

ioctl error in 9.6 kernel.

stop/sleep problem

crash in finder

it's better than nothing!

important.. i don't use smbios original... because we've 1066 ddr2 ram.. and not 667!

oh.. not yet

if you follow those posts

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1099018

you see the progress.. is not good.. we can't change the kext.. we've the correct info to do.. but if we manage the kext nothing happens

also here.. i wrote today to the king

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1102264

will you contribute to the brain distruction??

ha :)

ah ok, but i won´t challenge with this {censored} because i have not enough time and got my audio working with my fasttrack pro interface :D

but i want to fix that nvdaresman black screen {censored} because without it, my hdmi/vga out won´t work, which is really important for me.

i started some topics for this but it seems that my topics didn´t got approved by the admin ;(

so please guys help !

which resolution do u want ? i have 1280x720x32 in boot.plist and it works fine.

got nothing new with that black screen issue, hope that a solution will come. at the moment i´m working with my recognized 9600m gs without qe/ci, vga/hdmi out and resolution switch, but it works almost well for the things i´m doing

which resolution do u want ? i have 1280x720x32 in boot.plist and it works fine.

got nothing new with that black screen issue, hope that a solution will come. at the moment i´m working with my recognized 9600m gs without qe/ci, vga/hdmi out and resolution switch, but it works almost well for the things i´m doing

I will like to have the native internal display resolution of my Vaio VGN-AW11S/B which is 1920x1080; when I set this on the boot options the resolution is increased but the settings remain to 1024x768 and the interface looks bad resized just like on the standard resolution.

I don't need QE/VI or the VGA/HDMI, but I need badly this resolution to work on iPhone Apps

This works for my HP HDX 16t. Thanks! I just need to replace the NVCAP value with the one I found out for HDX 16t, then imported into boot plist, then deleted nvDarwin, clear extension, restart. Then both internal display and vga port are working. Still didn't try HDMI yet.

:(

I Have an HP Pavillon DV5-1157ca with a NVIDIA 9600M GT card with 512 Mb memory. It works perfectly on a Leopard 10.5.6 installation with the vanilla kexts. No modification necessary. QE/CI, both laptop and external HDMI port working, rotate, mirror, etc. I haven't tested the VGA port but I suspect it would work also.

I used to use NVdarwin, but now I use an EFI GFX string made from the following in xml format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@0,built-in</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@0,use-backlight-blanking</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@1,can-hot-plug</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BQEAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAABCwAAAAA=

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAIA==

</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,parent</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>test</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Hope that helps.

(Of course you'll have to check to pciroot for your machine and adjust the VRAM,totalsize parameter to reflect your card. As for the rom-revision parameter, what you write there is irrelevant, but it is what's going to appear in system information)

• 4 weeks later...
I have my 9600m GT up and running except via internal LCD which Im still working on...I used iPC 10.5.6 and selected ONLY NVDarwin 512mb for the graphic options, both my HDMI and VGA have full hw support etc...now just need to get my internal working

I run a Toshiba Qosmio G50

• 1 month later...

Hi Laqk,

I have a DV5-1174CA which is virtually identical to your DV5-1157CA. I believe that I have BlueRay and a slightly slower processor compared to your model.

You stated that the DV5-1157CA works perfectly on a Leopard 10.5.6 installation with the vanilla kexts. I'm not sure what "vanilla kexts" means and I do not know which Leopard distro you used. The same goes for what "vanilla install" means.

Which distro did you use and did you keep the original Vista installation? Are you dual booting to Vista/Leopard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc F

I Have an HP Pavillon DV5-1157ca with a NVIDIA 9600M GT card with 512 Mb memory. It works perfectly on a Leopard 10.5.6 installation with the vanilla kexts. No modification necessary. QE/CI, both laptop and external HDMI port working, rotate, mirror, etc. I haven't tested the VGA port but I suspect it would work also.

I used to use NVdarwin, but now I use an EFI GFX string made from the following in xml format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@0,built-in</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@0,use-backlight-blanking</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@1,can-hot-plug</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BQEAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAABCwAAAAA=

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAIA==

</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,parent</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>test</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Hope that helps.

(Of course you'll have to check to pciroot for your machine and adjust the VRAM,totalsize parameter to reflect your card. As for the rom-revision parameter, what you write there is irrelevant, but it is what's going to appear in system information)

hi ugokind

still got no luck with my 9600m gs

i think tank6b and me have the same issue with black screen.

it has nothing to do with injectors i think, because it´s always the same thing

ahh my hdmi out is working now ;) but internal screen stays black

(or i remove nvdraresman.kext than it works but hdmi etc.. won´t)

maybe it´s related to nvcap? i´m going to build my string again...maybe it helps...