new update for new macbooks brings supoprt for many new videocards

netkas

55 posts in this topic

It will be interesting to see when the new Mac Pros come out what will be the high-end option - GTX280 or HD4870.

Hopefully that will be before end of the year.

looked today a lot into ati framebuffers(lamna/mega) and radeonhd linux driver, and figured out there is clearly no support for rv770 on osx yet.

it was about framebuffer(resolution change).

but, 3d/opengl/qe/ci works(dont ask me how i got to this conslusion) , it just needs working framebuffer to display smth else than garbaged screen

I need to see print screens of those babies running on this kexts and efi (without photoshop treatment of course) and also guarantees in osx86project page of a list of compatible graphic cards (aswell as nvidea's 9xxx series)

Or else?

You sound a little dramatic.

looked today a lot into ati framebuffers(lamna/mega) and radeonhd linux driver, and figured out there is clearly no support for rv770 on osx yet.

it was about framebuffer(resolution change).

but, 3d/opengl/qe/ci works(dont ask me how i got to this conslusion) , it just needs working framebuffer to display smth else than garbaged screen

thanks man any news is good news... you would make alot of people happy if you got the 4800 series working

What I'm curious about, is, can we get the new nVidia chipset based Intel motherboards working in OS X? They are the same as the ones used in the new Macbooks.

ATI 4850/4870 support will come eventually, maybe in November when Apple release the new Mac Pros.

hi, any chance for Mobility Hd 3650 working with these new kexts etc. There are alot of mobilities out there, with no love:( ....haha...don't mean to be so dramatic. But with a few amatures presuing and maybe one or two gurus leading ....there might be sucess.

crystalzack found mobility device id, in between the kexts. Its here on this post.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=937297

I have tried messing with kexts, combination of natit, last exile and the new update kexts from apple, in safe mode, the gpu is recognized and correctly identified, vram is correct, core image reads ;software - no resolution change, no QE.

in normal boot- the is screen garbage...nothing else..but garbage.

please netkas, lastexile, jas and other guru...please help us...we really don't know what we are doing...just reading alot and piecing together what ever we can comprehend.

please excuse the spelling and grammar.

thanks

What I'm curious about, is, can we get the new nVidia chipset based Intel motherboards working in OS X? They are the same as the ones used in the new Macbooks.

ATI 4850/4870 support will come eventually, maybe in November when Apple release the new Mac Pros.

i cant really see apple updating the mac pro until the new i7 platform comes out. i really hope they do update sooner though as i have 2x 4870x2 sitting here giving me a {censored} vesa output..... :(:rolleyes:

difference beetwen rv770 and rv670 in drivers - FrameBuffer Location var for atombios, and a way to detect connections,

first thing can be easily solved with binpatch, so i got screen flickersing and blue screen after it, for a short moment, but second cant be solved with binpatching, so, it cant detect any outputs, so waiting for apple to solve this.

I need to see print screens of those babies running on this kexts and efi (without photoshop treatment of course) and also guarantees in osx86project page of a list of compatible graphic cards (aswell as nvidea's 9xxx series)

OSX86 isn't some elaborate hoax you know. If you want to know if something works then try it yourself or read the reports from people that have cards working.

difference beetwen rv770 and rv670 in drivers - FrameBuffer Location var for atombios, and a way to detect connections,

first thing can be easily solved with binpatch, so i got screen flickersing and blue screen after it, for a short moment, but second cant be solved with binpatching, so, it cant detect any outputs, so waiting for apple to solve this.

Hi netkas, will this apply to the Mobility HD 3650 gpu as well. I have tried efi new kexts , and all i get is blue screen, flickers black and blue continuously. sounds like what you have just mentioend above. Is there any hope for the mobility HD 3650 (RV 635) and other similar series.

thanks

I was wondering what the chances would be of using drivers from the latest snow leopard build? (if there are any for the 48xx series included)

Or will the driver architecture be too different?

Maybe they will depend on the new kernel...

• 3 weeks later...