VERY disappointing!

Highest clock speed 2.53ghz?!

No Blu-ray!

No HDMI!

Not built for Snow Leopard specs!

Glass screen!

No SLI!

No higher res iSight!

Give me a copy of 10.5.6 with my 9600m and intel 5300 wifi drivers and I will buy a Mac next year.

1. 2.53 ghz yes, but then look at the core, look at the fsb, look at cache, and then the size of it. And plus, these aren't desktop cpus. You act like 2.53 ghz per core is slow.

2.What program fully uses bluray on either Mac or windows anyways?! Bluray hasn't taken off yet where it can be easily emplimented like DVD. Plus, http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/14/steve-j...-a-bag-of-hurt/

3.It's a notebook. Not that big of a chance for it. It has display port still, which can have a higher resolution than HDMI if ever needed.

4.Yeah, because Snow leopard will really have this high of requirements.

5.Don't like glossy screen either.

6.Hybrid SLI. Scales the same as SLI.

7.Come on now, are you honestly going to need a super high resolution for a notebook webcam?!

8.10.5.5 was just released, durr

You're wanting stuff that would easily suit a desktop a lot more.

I'd love a new Macbook. Apparently the £399 I was told is the price that Apple reseller KRCS will be selling the low-end Macbooks for. Makes sense to get rid of them quick.

Got this from Nvidia Website. Looks like it's true, there must be an new Nvidia SATA controller comes with Nvidia Chipset in this case...

The new Macbook, Macbook Pro and Macbook Air are all Nvidia chipsets for north and southbridge, which will mean Nvidia SATA controller (good news for Nforce motherboard owners I should think). It's great news. HybridSLI is really really cool.

I just looked into the specs, and there's some stuff I don't like, and I couldn't get one of these even if I could afford it. I need my FireWire 400. I depend on that.

Also, I noticed the refurbished MBP prices are going way down.

I like the new MacBook has real graphics, and is a lot like a MacBook Pro Lite. I'd consider one of those, if I were in the market.

VERY disappointing!

Highest clock speed 2.53ghz?!

No Blu-ray!

No HDMI!

Not built for Snow Leopard specs!

Glass screen!

No SLI!

No higher res iSight!

Give me a copy of 10.5.6 with my 9600m and intel 5300 wifi drivers and I will buy a Mac next year.

Where did you get the highest clock speed is 2.53, it is 2.8

I got HDMI on my laptop, but I wish it has a DVI instead, it is easier to get DVI to HDMI than HDMI to DVI adaptors.

Glass screen is gorgeous.

But yes it is a shame no BluRay yet.

I have one HUGE question, now that i've been thinking about it. What is it with Apple and these freakin' proprietary DVI connections? Is there any reason they can't just stick an HDMI port or 2 on the thing? HDMI->DVI converters are a dime a dozen these days, seems this el-weirdo DVI connector is simply a ploy to sell accessories. Macbooks are expensive enough, without nickle and diming folks for cables. And HDMI connectors are positively compact.

I have one HUGE question, now that i've been thinking about it. What is it with Apple and these freakin' proprietary DVI connections? Is there any reason they can't just stick an HDMI port or 2 on the thing? HDMI->DVI converters are a dime a dozen these days, seems this el-weirdo DVI connector is simply a ploy to sell accessories. Macbooks are expensive enough, without nickle and diming folks for cables. And HDMI connectors are positively compact.

Thats why you can always go with 3rd party accessories

The only thing i'm not happy with is the price but the macbook is a very good pick the only down side is the screen size.

Thats why you can always go with 3rd party accessories

The only thing i'm not happy with is the price but the macbook is a very good pick the only down side is the screen size.

whats your geekbench score with that system in your sig? like a million or something? lol

Where did you get the highest clock speed is 2.53, it is 2.8

I got HDMI on my laptop, but I wish it has a DVI instead, it is easier to get DVI to HDMI than HDMI to DVI adaptors.

Glass screen is gorgeous.

But yes it is a shame no BluRay yet.

But its a lot easier to get sound with HDMI as opposed to DVI and a separate sound cable...

New graphics, bus speed and look aside (very impressive regardless), but here's a bitter one for all musicians (and perhaps videographers as well).

It's old news that the nicely compact 13 inch Macbook is now totally deprived of firewire. Pointing over to the MBP is however not the ultimate wisdom either. The MBP sports only a 1394b (FW800) port. FW 800 has been reported being flaky at times. The guys over at RME made some pretty extensive testing with different FW audio interfaces on 800 ports and stumbled across intermittent problems like 'irregular bus resets' which result in audio errors. These problem also occur on FW800 interfaces, not only on FW400.

I reckon this is a quite disappointing trade-off in light of the fact that many musicians were always loyal to Macs. FW400 is rock solid for audio. USB is no serious alternative.

Just thought I give the musicos in the house a little heads up.

(btw the smart arse in the other thread stating that pro musicians exclusively use MBP - err... you don't get out much, do you?)

It's old news that the nicely compact 13 inch Macbook is now totally deprived of firewire. Pointing over to the MBP is however not the ultimate wisdom either. The MBP sports only a 1394b (FW800) port. FW 800 has been reported being flaky at times. The guys over at RME made some pretty extensive testing with different FW audio interfaces on 800 ports and stumbled across intermittent problems like 'irregular bus resets' which result in audio errors. These problem also occur on FW800 interfaces, not only on FW400.

If you saw the keynote Steve mention that the FW800 could handle FW400 with a special cable.

Glass + light = glare = hell.

Yeah I don't know what Apple's problem is. They seem to like things with lots of glare.

They ruined the iMac by adding lots of glare on it too ;)

What is it with Apple and these freakin' proprietary DVI connections?

Actually it works better than anything else out there.

If you saw the keynote Steve mention that the FW800 could handle FW400 with a special cable.

Yes, theoretically. The physical connection is no big deal.

The issue is apparently with the FW800 protocol itself (or data stream or whatever this is called, I'm not a tech head) which reportedly has intermittent problems with audio FW400 interfaces. As I mentioned, I do trust the stress tests RME have done. They are highly respected in the audio world.

Just one dropout that sneaks in on a crucial take can ruin a whole recording session when you're on the road somewhere and can't get the performers back easily for new session. Dropouts and audio clicks can in fact sometimes slip through in the heat of a session and there's not always enough time to solo every single track to check if it's clean - also as a matter of respect for the performers.

In the last 2 years with our lil' Macbook and portable FW400 interfaces and countless sessions, the number of audio problems we had is = none.

Why Apple changed a winning team is beyond me. At least they could have implemented a FW400 as a second port.

what i dont understand is why lots of people hate the glossy screen and the black borders around it. i do like it very much (i have a alu 24" imac, so i know how it is) and i don't have glare and i only hear people saying "man what is that computer freaking nice!". the new mb and mbp are {censored} sweet and the colors of a glossy screen are waaaaay beter than those of the non glossy variant!

but i do hate it that the new mb's don't have firewire! i can't copy files through firewire with target disk mode!!!!

No intel Montevino?

Ohhh i can't believe!!!Why why why???

And no blu-ray....

i think upgraded only Design.

My VAIO is better than new nForce based Macbooks!

Why do you NEED blu-ray in a notebook? I can see having a blu-ray player for your television, or for a PC with a large display, because DVD and HD DVD would lose quality, but on something with a relatively small display HD DVD is more than good enough.

Why do you NEED blu-ray in a notebook? I can see having a blu-ray player for your television, or for a PC with a large display, because DVD and HD DVD would lose quality, but on something with a relatively small display HD DVD is more than good enough.

That's exactly I aks a friend that said the same thing about no Blu-Ray in ne MacBooks, an his answer was very good, for Backup Capacity. But also you can fit a HDTV to your Blu-Ray capable notebook and enjoy HD films.

And for 2 grand US starting price, it should have blu ray.

As macgirl said, backup capacity. Alot of us want to be able to archive using blu ray from my PC and at least be able to read from a mbp.

yes 2,000 $US it should Come With a Blu-ray Drive

for 2,400 $US is should of had a Blu-ray Read and Write Drive for the same Price you could get a

Intel® Core 2™ Duo Processor P9500 (2.53GHZ)

4 GB DDR3 (DDR3-1066, 2 GBx2)

320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive [5400 rpm]

NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS and Intel GMA 4500MHD & HDMI Out

Blu-ray Disc™ Read and Write Drive

LED backlight LCD 15"WUXGA with integrated video camera