New MacBook Pro [PIC's]

THEHAWKs

50 posts in this topic

Well, maybe -- we're not calling it official until Steve pulls the cloth off himself tomorrow morning . Still, there's no denying the similarities between this image and all those other case leaks we've seen, and the list of specs we've been given matches up as well -- that "metal and glass" enclosure now houses an NVIDIA GPU, but no FireWire 400, and video-out is apparently through a connector "more compact" than MicroDVI. We'll find out soon enough -- oh, and just to amp up expectations, Boy Genius says he's confirmed the existence of an $899 part number in Apple's retail systems. Counting down...

Update: Our source just hit us with another pic, this time from the side -- it's after the break. We're also told that there's not one, but two NVIDIA GPUs inside -- we're guessing an integrated / discrete setup like in the VAIO Z, but we'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Update 2: Our source just hit us again to say that it's two full-on NVIDIA GPUs -- sounds like a hybrid SLI setup to us, which is pretty wild. Wilder still, they say the MacBook and 17-inch MacBook Pro aren't getting refreshed tomorrow, which we find hard to believe, but we'll see when we see.

photocopyol7.jpg

So Sexy I'm impressed

Pic Taken with iPhone

Source : Engadget

i would sell body parts for this

and usually about £1100 for top version in uk (about $1800)

it's cheaper in the uk to travel round the world to anywhere else buy one and come straight home than to buy it here

www.macmall.com has what they call the new macbooks and pros available already? Not sure about the specs tho....Doesn't look like anything changed much. Possibly specs are not updated as of yet to reflect internal changes in the design.

Anybody taken a look yet?

Strange even Apple site shows the new aluminum macbook pros with the specs....Not much of a change from current lineup....Maybe holding spec update

back?

i agree... these glossy displays (sorry) just suck...

Not agree, I have both, anti-glare and glossy screens, glossy are clearer and fine.

On the other hand I put on my iPhone an anti-glare shield but not because reflections, finger prints and smudges are ugly ;) but the image is better without the anti-glare shield.

It's beautiful for sure, but I hope they provide an alternative version without the glass.

Glass + light = glare = hell. >:

I agree, but only if I'm outside. My Dell has the glossy, and it's gorgeous indoors. My Mac is much better for outdoors or highly-lit places.

Also, why is this not on the front page?

VERY disappointing!

Highest clock speed 2.53ghz?!

No Blu-ray!

No HDMI!

Not built for Snow Leopard specs!

Glass screen!

No SLI!

No higher res iSight!

Give me a copy of 10.5.6 with my 9600m and intel 5300 wifi drivers and I will buy a Mac next year.

Got this from Nvidia Website. Looks like it's true, there must be an new Nvidia SATA controller comes with Nvidia Chipset in this case...

Hybrid SLI is supported only on NVIDIA motherboard GPU chipsets. The shared GPU architecture between dGPU and mGPU allows for a much smoother user experience, as well as the performance benefit of SLI scaling.

However, a feature called Dynamic Hybrid Graphics which is the ability to transition dynamically between an Intel notebook chipset and an NVIDIA discrete GPU is supported.