Voodoo Kernel BETA 2 - Available now

mercurysquad

325 posts in this topic

Now the real important question is, what's the theme song going to be!

The final countdown? ;-)

I think we'll have TWO theme tracks just cuz this is a major update. One is what I had selected right after beta2, the other is what Dense suggests.

Also:

voodooxnuexportedyv8.png

Mercurysquad accidentally thinned out PPC from his Xcode install and this is preventing a build of the kernel. Once he gets a fresh copy of Xcode installed, it shouldn't take long for him to make the distributable build. Internal testing has it working well though.

• 2 weeks later...

MY FIRST POST HERE:

This kernel did it for me. I now have a working DVD player, ICal, Quicktime, Speedstep with no stutters in audio (these three were the most problematic while using 9.2 kernel). So finally my Dell D610 laptop has iAtkos v5i (10.5.5) updated with Apple Updates, Quartz Extreme, QuartzGL supported and Core Image Hardware Accelerated. I also hacked the brightness control so it won't go to high bright automatically (used otools to find value in AppleIntelFramebuffer then hexedit a value). Now my battery time lasts 3 hours or more :D. Everything is working now because of this kernel and I thank you for it!!! Again, THANKS FOR THIS VODOO KERNEL!!

I seem to be having Kernel panic and it looks like two kexts are causing this as you will see in the Photo.

I have a Dell D820 and D830 both with iDENEB v1.3 Leopard 10.5.5.

How can I fix this?

EDITED:

I forgot to mention I did some google searching and found one person removed the battery from the laptop for a moment to reset everything then it booted. I tried that and that worked but I have to do this every time before to get a successful voodoo kernel boot.

I want to also mention that I have another hard drive with Kalyway 10.5.2 on it and updated it with Mystica C Pre and Post 10.5.5 using the 10.5.5 combo update from Apple. I don't think I have his correct username sorry.

So the point is I never get this Kernel Panic with that Hard drive.

I have a Seagate 320GB 7200 RPM Sata I just purchased and partitioned it into 3 partitions. GUID and Chameleon EFI.

This exact scenario happens also on my Dell D830 Laptop. It almost starting to look like either some kext or possible hardware and if its the hardware it could only be the hard drive since the other hard drive works with the newest Voodoo Kernel release.

Is there a way to check the drive in Mac?

post-135888-1228813534_thumb.jpg

Hi to All,thanks for the voodoo kernel now i'm able to restore stuff under the boot in single users,when i got these severals kernel panics

But i'm having problems,with nForceLAN.kext,with dependences with IONetwork family,the audio device is not working properly yet.

Where can i download the .dmg of beta version2?

In Boot time what is the flag to boot in debug mode?

My spec is

Acer aspire 9300,nvidia MCPI51 AMD turion64x2,geForce Go 7300

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/

Beta versions are no longer supported, download final version + documentation.

Confirmed Kernel Panic extracting DMG only with Voodoo Kernel and not with 10.5.6 vanilla Kernel.

Dell Laptop XPS M1530. There is a compilation thread on these laptops and everyone seems to be using a Vanilla 10.5.6 kernel is why no one else has reported this yet. Its 100% confirmed.

The DMG file starts to extract, Verifying, then when its mounting Voodoo kernel crashes.

I also notice there are some errors during the voodoo kernel boot on 10.5.6. It sais 8c8600 unable to detect device or to some affect. There is an error at the very beggining of the 1.0A Voodoo kernel boot.

Here is the panic dump when extracting a DMG file.

I don't know where the crash reporter log is but here are some of the messages after the dump:

No Mapping exists for frame pointer.

Backtrace terminated- Invalid Frame Pointer 0xb00809c8

Kernel Loadable Modules in backtrace (with Dependancies)

com.apple.security.seatbelt (107.10)@.... etc etc

BSD Process name corresponding to the current thread: Diskimages-helper

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/

Beta versions are no longer supported, download final version + documentation.

I Posted a comment on the google site as well. OSX 10.5.6 with the vanilla kernel does not crash with extracting the DMG file!!

Will you have an updated voodoo kernel or beta kernel for 10.5.6 soon?

Keep up the great work!!

Thanks

What entitas said.

If you get kernel panic when mounting DMG with Voodoo on 10.5.6, USE SEATBELT.KEXT FROM 10.5.5

OK i do not know if this the right place but having voodoo kernel maybe it is.

Done an update to 10.5.6,i'm having right know after a lot of problems almost solved

a very annoying one ,my mouse,touchpad is lagging alot,i moved System.kext from the updated one to the voodoo one but no result,does anyone of you how can i have a mouse restore?

Thanks

OK i do not know if this the right place but having voodoo kernel maybe it is.

Done an update to 10.5.6,i'm having right know after a lot of problems almost solved

a very annoying one ,my mouse,touchpad is lagging alot,i moved System.kext from the updated one to the voodoo one but no result,does anyone of you how can i have a mouse restore?

Thanks

This is a problem with the new video kext drivers, use the ones from 10.5.5...

This is a problem with the new video kext drivers, use the ones from 10.5.5...

Thanks for answered me back,but it hasn't done any change.One things

on the tutorial xnu1228 Boot arguments i've seen a tip about a DTrace applications

how do i get it to run under voodoo? i know about com.apple.Boot.plist but how can i say to plist to run a program?