X3100 and the Sony VAIO CR510E

booger_sniffer5000

12 posts in this topic

Lately, I have been trying to install OS X on my Sony VAIO CR510E. All other problems aside, the graphics card doesn't like to work. I can boot in VESA mode by deleting the AppleIntelGMA kexts. I have tried every fix in the book. But everytime I use a different fix, the same thing happens. I get a whiteish screen with some lines (I'll upload a picture if anybody wants me to). However, it seems as though when this happens, the system doesn't even boot correctly. Verbose mode says everything is ok, but I get no sound, and I can't reboot, sleep, or shutdown the laptop. And when I connect it to an external monitor, it will only show the Leopard background and a cursor. No Finder, no dock, just my cursor and background. I am running Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.4 running a modded kernel. If you need anymore details, ask me and I will post, any suggestions at all will be helpful. Thank you for your time, this really has got me stumped.

EDIT: My graphics card is an Intel 965 Express, AKA Intel X3100.

I have a similar problem on my Sony VAIO C220E with GMA950 graphics. It will always boot into that white screen with lines if the computer has been turned off for a while, but then boots up normally if I leave it on for a while and restart it (like boot into vista and let it warm up). I don't know if others experience this problem or if its just on VAIO's.

Hi try here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...80&start=80 have a read and download from post 95.

Give it a go and let me know

That was the next thing I was going to try. I'll try that tomorrow.

I have a similar problem on my Sony VAIO C220E with GMA950 graphics. It will always boot into that white screen with lines if the computer has been turned off for a while, but then boots up normally if I leave it on for a while and restart it (like boot into vista and let it warm up). I don't know if others experience this problem or if its just on VAIO's.

I tried that. I'll try it again though.

Mac has some inherent dislike for the X3100 graphics. For me no modded driver seem to work except the default, even then the system sometimes boots fine but often get stuck at the blue screen. Attaching an external display only give vibrant coloured stripes on both the displays.

Once I deleted all graphics drivers related to X3100 and the system booted fine, but the resolution was fixed to 1024x768. The drivers (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=121912&st=80&start=80) completely disabled my display so i had to switch to default drivers. Maybe you can try a combination of drivers.

I'm just a novice user, so please ignore if you have already tried it.