Deep Sleep works on osx86 [PC-EFI v9 Beta]

netkas

39 posts in this topic

How did you set deep sleep - aka - hibernation ? I've tried to modify file com.apple.PowerManagement (changed value for Hibernate to 1) but it won't work. Still have regular sleep. Thanks

He got it working with his new beta version of PC-EFI v9. This is not yet released.

I installed the new bootloader as follows:

sudo -s
rm /boot
cp /Users/****/Downloads/boot /

Rebooted, works.

Quick sleep works, as before.

Deep sleep also works (hard drive busy before sleep), then turns off completely (as expected). However, on next boot, it does not load the sleep image but simply boots the OS. Does this mean I need to do that DSDT hack using the patcher?

Using 10.5.5 on a Thinkpad, with EFI v9 (now).

Thanks!

I installed the new bootloader as follows:

sudo -s
rm /boot
cp /Users/****/Downloads/boot /

Rebooted, works.

Quick sleep works, as before.

Deep sleep also works (hard drive busy before sleep), then turns off completely (as expected). However, on next boot, it does not load the sleep image but simply boots the OS. Does this mean I need to do that DSDT hack using the patcher?

same on mine Acer Aspire 5610 , deep sleep works but the system, starts a new boot.I've seen the message " starting hibernate..sleep image.." after bootloader...

I need the DSDT patched ??

[EDIT] I noticed that the wifi is not resumed at all...I mean, the wifi is on , but not able to get connected to the access point.

I use Retail 10.5.5 on a Dell XPS 1330 and since I've installed this loader, i can use hibernation mode 3 without issues. Mode 5 will partially work because if i bring system to hibernation it will write datas to disk but do not turn off. If i manualy turn off and on again it will load the hibernation image and work fine when its done to load this image.