8400M GS - black screen all the time

mixomix

6 posts in this topic

Hello

I have very annoying problem. After installing KALYWAY 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 update I cannot make my VGA card to support QE. Its 8400M GS with 256 MB (as WinXP says) on Dell XPS M1530. I tried NVinject/NVinjectGo and Natit with no luck. Only one result of all attempts is black screen. So i am only able to get into graphic mode with default drivers and they are damn slow.

Please help. I tried almost everything - sonotone's dell package, macgirl's compilations, various nvidia installers and still no luck.

Complete specifications of my laptop is in my signature.

P.S. Sorry if this topic is in wrong subforum.

Thanks for advice. It actually meant a little progress to me.

I tried gfx string - that gave me the card recognized as 8400M GS EFI in system profiler but without QE.

After that I installed latest NVInject and inserted macgirls NVCAP values into propter Info.plist - that gave me dualscreen option but still no QE. In system profiler is now Unknown nvidia card even though I have the correct Info.plist (taken from sonotones dell pack).

Any other suggestions ? :)

Solved !!! :D

I had to do completely manual installation.

This afternoon a accidently discovered http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=111072 which describes complete process.

Together with NVijnectGO and proper NVCAP string from macgirl I am now able to dualscreen with full support QE/CI :(.

So now only problem is that damn atheros card :/

Thanks beaups.