USB 2.0 PCI Card

B612

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I have a question. Do you think that a USB 2.0 ports PCI card would work on my hackintosh? I mean, does it work with Hackintosh in general?

I would need to add 4-5 more USB 2.0 ports to my PC, because they're always useful! :D

Thank you for your help. :)

Hi, yes, you should have no problems at all adding a PCI USB card.

I've added both a PCI USB card and a PCI FW to increase the number of ports available. Including the front panel, I now have more connections available than I could ever need! :thumbsup_anim:

If you take a look, you will see that many of these add in cards actually state that they are Mac compatible - especially the more mainstream names like Belkin. Remember - many G4 Powermac users had to use PCI cards to add USB 2 functionality. With all hardware, the issue is whether Apple has included the drivers in OS X. If it is stated to be compatible with a Mac, it should work with a Hack.

For example:

Belkin PCI USB

Hi, yes, you should have no problems at all adding a PCI USB card.

I've added both a PCI USB card and a PCI FW to increase the number of ports available. Including the front panel, I now have more connections available than I could ever need! :D

If you take a look, you will see that many of these add in cards actually state that they are Mac compatible - especially the more mainstream names like Belkin. Remember - many G4 Powermac users had to use PCI cards to add USB 2 functionality. With all hardware, the issue is whether Apple has included the drivers in OS X. If it is stated to be compatible with a Mac, it should work with a Hack.

For example:

Belkin PCI USB

thanx :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought few days ago two PCI Adaptec USB 2.0 for my hackintosh and works like a charm!... now when you go to about this mac and show all your hardware information, If I go to PCI cards it show as I don't have any PCI card available but if I go to USB, it will show all my USB hardware available include the PCI's USB. Weird :shock:

• 3 years later...

Hey, sorry to break in on this thread, but before I start spending anything, I want to know if this would actually work out-of-the-box? If for some reason it does not, well that means I do have an extra 5-6 USB ports I can play with anyway...

http://store.on2tech...au6usbpcic.html

Last time, I tried to get my onboard USB ports on an Intel D101GGC motherboard to run with a disclosed OSX installer and each port kept failing miserably! Perhaps this piece of hardware would be my last resort since there is nothing else I can think of, and of course no one here would volunteer writing modded kexts to support my MB and its onboard USB ports altogether. So please, let me know! And good day.