GeForce 6600GT QE/CI stopped working

LonelyTV

3 posts in this topic

I recently re-installed Os X 10.5.5 using the Boot-132 method and a retail Leopard disc. After getting everything set up I noticed that my graphics card no longer has Quartz Extreme or Core Image. At first I thought it was the NVkush used in the Boot-132 initrd so I replaced it with my once working Natit kext that didn't work. A few hours later I've tried everything from using Diabolik's NVidia kext installer to trying various injectors and all have had the same outcome. I'm really at a loss here and hope someone can offer a bit of guidance (I'm sure I'm missing a small detail)

The Specifications of my computer are:

Mobo: Abit IP35-Pro

CPU: Intel C2D E8400

Graphics Card: Geforce 6600GT 128mb PCI-e

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Well, after a reinstallation of 10.5 it turns out QE/CI works with the generic.iso so I'm curious if 10.5.5 breaks it. More testing is needed to find out for sure.

I have the same issue. when using kaly 10.5.2 and running the normal steps for combo update, or using a custom leopard live i made to install kaly 10.5.2 and the combo update to 10.5.5 neither gets me the qe ci i have so effortlessly in 10.5.2

I've gotten it before in 10.5.5 so it seems to be hit or miss, but in my last couple(as well as previous) attempts at replacing Extensions/AppleNDRV or the NVDA* kexts i get no love

furthermore, replacing any of the GeForce* kexts actually breaks the system, where at boot i have a cursor and a black screen and nothing else

ill be anxiously watching to see if anyone hammers a solution down since as i mentioned, this seems to be a hit or miss kind of scenario