1 reply to this topic

kozlowski

kozlowski

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Hello to all.
I was wondering if anyone knows the approach that is applied on SwitchResX to alter the resolution, and also add custom resolutions.
Obviously SwitchResX doesn't use the "Graphics Mode" = "..." approach (and it definitely doesn't work for my 1440x900 resolution).

So i wanted someone to point me to the right direction in order to study how it is done.

softbullets

softbullets

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Apologies to response to ancient post but I'm also looking for the answer.

Switchresx's own documentation makes reference to files it alters in /System/Library/Displays/Override, even going so far as to suggest that you can sort the files there by date to determine which file was altered.

But having installed Switchresx and created a custom resolution (that works!), none of the files there have a modified date of today.

If anyone can shed light I'm sure many people would be very grateful. I'd rather not rely on preference pane add-ons for what is probably a superbly simple fix.

Incidentally, I hear that you can use Switchresx to define a custom resolution and then uninstall it, leaving the new profile behind. But I haven't tried.

Hope this helps someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy