Perfect working for Lenovo T61 OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway

Jackal82

31 posts in this topic

T61 6468CTO 完美安装Leopard 5.2(声卡,显卡,网卡,无线网卡都完美工作)

My Hardware configuration:

wireless cardd: thinkpad atheros abg

ethernet : intel 82566MM

Video card: X3100

Audio card: Intel HD Audio

Installation method:

Kalyway 10.5.2, MBR, options: sleepkernel, Intel X3100 drivers,

video : X3100 works with garbled mousepointer, working 100% after installing LeopardGraphicsUpdate (with QE)

wireless :

sudo nano System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents/Info.plist Add: <string>pci168c,1014</string>

Then use Disk Unitiliy to repair ownership and permissions per the guide above.

Ethernet:

details in http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com/

http://www.tootoosoft.com/intel82566mm/Int...6MM.kext.tar.gz.

Audio: (speaker works, no input output)

download Appleazaliaaudio.kext and AzaliaTurboTP1984.kext. Install first and second, then delete Appleazaliaaudio.kext in system/library/Extensions/

restart. then everything should be fine.

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.rar

AzaliaTurboTP1984.kext.rar

Intel82566MM.kext.rar

Kext_Helper_b7.app.rar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Jackal82. I`m working with the same notebook. But i`m having problems when the installer have to start copying files. Can you give some tips about the partitioning and flags you use for booting with the installer?

Thank you!!

You are the effing man...

One thing I must add... (might not be necessary but it worked for me)

wireless :

sudo nano System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents/Info.plist Add: <string>pci168c,1014</string>

After the string is added (see above) use kexthelper to install (see below)

Use the kexthelper to install "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext" Your airport wifi will show up almost immediately

Then use the disk utility to repair ownership and permissions

My Configuration

T61 7658-CTO

Graphics : GMA X3100

Ethernet : 82566MM

wifi : Thinkpad Atheros ABG

Audio : Intel HD Audio

Bluetooth still not working(but I dont need that nor do i care)

Firewire Working

USB working

CD/DVD working (with Roxio Toast Titanium 9)

• 1 month later...

My Path to 10.5.6 using Leo4allv3 (10.5.2 - vanilla 9.2.2 kernel) - DO NO INSTALL ADDITIONAL CONFIG ITEMS

• After installing 10.5.2 - Use Kalyway 10.5.3 combo pack to upgrade to 10.5.3 (follow the instructions)
  • Download the 10.5.5 & 10.5.6 Combo Update from Apple (the 10.5.6 update should be the 600+ meg file)
  • DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO THE APPLE UPGRADE, YOU'LL HANG YOUR PC
  • Follow this process to the letter to get to 10.5.5... do not re-boot until you've completed the post process

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:AxSYYijVBNIJ:forum.insanelymac.com/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D109102+10.5.3+to+10.5.5+upgrade&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

• Once you've gotten to 10.5.5 you'll need a usb keyboard and mouse...
  • download this http://www.sendspace.com/file/8qk465
  • Unzip on your desktop while still in 10.5.5
  • Install 10.5.6 from the combo update, reboot and plug your usb keybd and mouse
  • when 10.5.6 comes up you will not have your Laptop (t61) keyboard or trackpad mouse.
  • Use the usb keybd and mouse to log in to your machine
  • the above file that you unzipped has the mouse and keyboard kext files
  • once you've installed those kext files with the kext helper - repair disk permissions and reboot
  • Your mouse and keybd should be back...

Now you can follow the original install instructions to get your network, wifi, and battery management piece working

You may also need superhai's powermanangement.bundle & the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get your battery monitor/power managment working.. (install the kext first, then move the powermanangemen.bundle to /System/Library/SystemPreferences)

As always... this is for educational purposes only - if you love Apple Mac OS, buy a license and support the company

The Lenovo Thinkpad T61-7659-CTO is an outsanding platform for OSX, most things work right out the box, you'll amaze your friends and enemies..LOL

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have the exact same platform of t61 as you i am only running 10.5.2 so far, have laptop speaker output only, line out not working, no card bus working, and i have never seen the atheros wifi ever been detected and i know thats what i have as i looked under keyboard.

Also usb does not see new devices unless you boot up with it plugged in.

The wifi i have tried various different strings like the one mentioned above still no luck.
Could you confirm that i need to be in 10.5.5 or later for this all to work.?

If you could send me a nice set up guide for the 7659 of what kexts are used and what exact strings as i have spent a few months on this?
Cheers Jason

Update got it to 10.5.6 now using vanilla 9.6 kernel still same problems as before.
had a bit of a nightmare getting keyboard working again but its ok now.

No CardBus but can see device ID
Sound only laptop speakers only,
there is device id but nothing showing speaker outs or combinations.
Wireless not seen as a device and its an atheros,
other than that shuts down and starts up nice and fast.

any set up help ?
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to get everything working with 10.5.6 except for a corrupted mouse cursor at 1400x1050 resolution (my t61's native size). Any other res. works fine.. the LeopardGraphicsUpdate is for 10.5.2 if I'm not mistaken so I haven't downloaded that. Anyone seen this problem?

edit: using 9.6 voodoo kernel with AppleIntelGMAX3100* kexts referenced above.

first of all, I want to thank you for this little tutorial. it helped me out brilliantly!

i got the x3100 and ethernet to work. but i have a problem with the airport.

where do I have to add the line "<string>pci168c,1014</string>" in the plist file?

help would be greatly appreciated!

doneld

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same laptop, I have the ideneb v1.3 10.5.5 up and running but no ethernet, sound or proper video drivers. It will function in the laptop doc, the dvd and usb work but to have a working machine I need:

proper video drivers
ethernet or wireless working
sound

Can anyone help?

download Appleazaliaaudio.kext and AzaliaTurboTP1984.kext. Install first and second, then delete Appleazaliaaudio.kext in system/library/Extensions/

restart. then everything should be fine.

Whats the point of installing the Applezaliaaudio.kext if your only going to delete it?

Anyhow, I had HD AUdio Out but no sound.. No I have NOTHING.. Not even an Audio Icon..

• 2 weeks later...

Update.... After doing the airport update on (03.04.2009) my wifi was knocked out....

To get it back ... simple

wireless :

• 2 weeks later...

T61 6468CTO 完美安装Leopard 5.2(声卡,显卡,网卡,无线网卡都完美工作)
My Hardware configuration:
wireless cardd: thinkpad atheros abg
ethernet : intel 82566MM
Video card: X3100
Audio card: Intel HD Audio

Installation method:
Kalyway 10.5.2, MBR, options: sleepkernel, Intel X3100 drivers,

This tutorial while helpful is way to basic intuitive. Could you repost the Disk Utility instructions that are referenced but not on the page? I assumed I had to log into terminal to run the path then the commands, but others may not. I also assumed the disk util was for repairing drive permissions. Could you write a more detailed step by step and include screen shots if possible? I would appreciate it and send you some beers.

To use disk utility you have to boot your PC with the Install DVD. At the main menu pick Disk Utility from one of the menus. I think it's "Tools"

Just go thru the menus till you see it.

Click your hard drive in the list on the left and look in the options to the right. There should be a button that says Repair Disk Permissions

I tried what you said to make the audio work, but have had no success. I have a Lenovo T61 (7658-CTO) and my system continues to say that I don't have any speakers connected.

• 2 months later...

My Path to 10.5.6 using Leo4allv3 (10.5.2 - vanilla 9.2.2 kernel)

The upgrade to 10.5.7 was pretty flawless... Simply download the Delta Upgrade (NOT THE COMBO UPGRADE) .. Allow it to run, the system will re-boot twice... then it will come up with no issues....

What I noticed after 10.5.7 upgrade was I had to get my wireless working again..

wireless :

simple... Can't wait until Snow Leopard is released..

• 1 month later...

T61 7660 A14

Kal 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3 -> 10.5.4

Display: X3100 - working

Ethernet: 82566MM - working

Audio: HDA - speakers working no input / output / mic

Wireless: 3945ABG - detected not working

Bluetooth: detected did not test

Dual Boot Vista/Macos with EasyBCD

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The sound card (Intel AD1984 dev. 0x17AA20AC) worked initially, from the speakers. It later flaked out, and is no longer detected. What's the trick to get it working consistently?

BTW, if someone has the drivers in a format other than RARs inside of Zips, please repost them. Rar files are a hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

T61 7660 A14
Kal 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3 -> 10.5.4

Not Necessary... 10.5.2 > 10.5.3 > 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 or 10.5.7

Once you're at 10.5.3 you should be able to skip the interim updates... 10.5.8 is out now, going to give it a shot... More details to follow