8800GT DVI not recognized

MaaseyRacer

3 posts in this topic

I have an eVGA 8800GT running on a GA-EP45-DS3R with an Intel E8500 and 4GB of RAM. I have finally got everything working and running stable. However, my 8800GT only work 100% of the time with a VGA adapter and a VGA monitor. More Half of my start ups when I use the DVI on my Samsung 245T result in a black screen with a cursor, or just a black screen. The other half work just fine. However, when I switch to a DVI to VGA adapter I have a 100% success rate. My issue right now is I want to run my Apple 20" display on this machine, it only has DVI. Does anyone have a suggestion or solution to help me out? I am running. 10.5.5 Retail, booting from a DFE p35-ds4 ISO. I used EFI Studio to get Q/E working.

Also on a side not my system profiler gives me an error, saying no display connected below all the supported stuff.

I have an eVGA 8800GT running on a GA-EP45-DS3R with an Intel E8500 and 4GB of RAM. I have finally got everything working and running stable. However, my 8800GT only work 100% of the time with a VGA adapter and a VGA monitor. More Half of my start ups when I use the DVI on my Samsung 245T result in a black screen with a cursor, or just a black screen. The other half work just fine. However, when I switch to a DVI to VGA adapter I have a 100% success rate. My issue right now is I want to run my Apple 20" display on this machine, it only has DVI. Does anyone have a suggestion or solution to help me out? I am running. 10.5.5 Retail, booting from a DFE p35-ds4 ISO. I used EFI Studio to get Q/E working.

Also on a side not my system profiler gives me an error, saying no display connected below all the supported stuff.

Seems really strange do you have the monitor connected to the DVI port nearest to the motherboard? Some people have problems with using the top one other than that you can check the string you get from the EFI studio with mine in the attached com.apple.Boot.plist, I have the same card and motherboard so as long as you have the card in the slot nearest to the CPU you can always just use mine to see if it will work.

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip