Intel HDA Audio Codec STA9274D

AlainTox714

261 posts in this topic

This time kext loaded, device detected, but there's no sound at all. Possibly, something wrong with routing?

P.S. MB is the same - Intel DP35DP

Not shure, because i compare STAC9274D and STAC9271D dump and with used Nodes it's quite the same, very small differences.

Are all four kexts loaded?

Is Sound System Preferences showing the Outputs and Inputs?

Without some others information very difficult to help as i cant't try.

i have stac9221d a2... 975xbx(badaxe1)

already taruga's applehadpatcher was done

but not working mic.. help me

here my dump codec

Will take a look but later, i want to have closed working Sigmatel before.

Can you see if you can do anything with this linux dump, i have tried to get my sound working on my DX38BT motherboard without any success.

--------

--------

Both:

Attached File STAC9274D_fullyWorking.zip ( 318.98K )

Attached File STAC9274D.v2.zip ( 348.42K )

should works, but you have to set the right IOPCIPrimaryMatch 0x____8086 for your mobo in:

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

This time kext loaded, device detected, but there's no sound at all.

Sorry, my fault! After kext reinstalling default output device was set to headphones and thus i wasn't able to hear anything in my speakers:). After changing default output to internal speakers sound appears. But still there's no line input:(.

I didn't tested mic input but at least as output this driver works fine!

Thanks!

Not shure, because i compare STAC9274D and STAC9271D dump and with used Nodes it's quite the same, very small differences.

Are all four kexts loaded?

Is Sound System Preferences showing the Outputs and Inputs?

Without some others information very difficult to help as i cant't try.

Will take a look but later, i want to have closed working Sigmatel before.

Both:

Attached File STAC9274D_fullyWorking.zip ( 318.98K )

Attached File STAC9274D.v2.zip ( 348.42K )

should works, but you have to set the right IOPCIPrimaryMatch 0x____8086 for your mobo in:

This kexts work: sound output, if switch to headphones - ....silence. Microphone input still don`t work.

But all the same thank you for what you helped us all.

post-94835-1223922556_thumb.jpg

post-94835-1223922583_thumb.jpg

post-94835-1223922607_thumb.jpg

post-94835-1223924644_thumb.jpg

Fully working v3 release for Bad Axe 2 STAC9274D

Outputs : Headphones, Speakers, Digital Out*

Inputs : Microphone, Line In

Mute functionality working.

* Digital Out not tested as i can't.

Enjoy.

post-26592-1223927699_thumb.png

Warning:

DELETE the old HDAEnabler.kext and use the new one otherwise AppleHDA.kext v3 will not work.

kext REMOVED

This kexts work: sound output, if switch to headphones - ....silence. Microphone input still don`t work.

But all the same thank you for what you helped us all.

GLOXZ,

Something i notice is that only Front Ouput & Input are not working.

Did you check the wirring?

Does these jack works with Linux or Windows?

v3 release for you, as i use a different layout with some luck it could work.

kext REMOVED

v3 release for you, as i use a different layout with some luck it could work.

Headphones and LineOut works fine. Both FrontMic and LineIn pins reacts on incoming signal with peakmeters but there's no incoming sound in speakers. Is this normal for OS X? I've just never used LineIn or MicIn before ;).

post-162990-1223933514_thumb.jpg

_caine, that's normal. You can test it out by firing up garage band and recording a real instrument track, should pick up the line/mic in. I believe there is also a toggle for 'monitor' so you can hear the mic immediately through speakers without recording.

Now if I could just find a mic with a decent input level!

Hello,

OK, is there a complete step-by-step guide available that will get someone from a blank hard drive to where you guys are now?

Is anybody planning to write one?

If not, then which step-by-step guide should I start with and what should I do differently and/or in additon to it?

My hacking skills are limited but I do know my way around PC's and I can stumble around somewhat with Macs and Linux.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate some help here. If I can possibly avoid running into a thousand little brick walls with this project, then that would be great.

Cheers!

Hello,

OK, is there a complete step-by-step guide available that will get someone from a blank hard drive to where you guys are now?

Download and unzip the v3.zip file listed in this thread (on your Mac).

You'll have a folder with two HDA kext files and a readme file.

Download Kext Helper (google and you'll find it) and install.

Run Kext Helper.

Drag and drop the two HDA kext files from the folder into the window in Kext Helper.

Enter your admin/user password in the password box in Kext Helper.

Click on Easy Install.

If no error messages, close Kext Helper when it finishes running the install script.

Reboot.

Works great, thanks Alain! Isn't there also a pink REAR microphone jack on this board?

When i route Internal Microphone to rear Pink Jack, even if it show up in Sound pref and is selectable it doesn't work, no signal.

Original Mac have a Microphone/Line Input at back which detects automaticly what is connected.

So i have to choise between a Line Input or a Back Microphone which did not works.

Headphones and LineOut works fine. Both FrontMic and LineIn pins reacts on incoming signal with peakmeters but there's no incoming sound in speakers. Is this normal for OS X? I've just never used LineIn or MicIn before :D.

post-162990-1223933514_thumb.jpg

Glad to see STAC9271D on DP35DP mobo working.

i have stac9221d a2... 975xbx(badaxe1)

already taruga's applehadpatcher was done

but not working mic.. help me

here my dump codec

Here we are for test, please report.

You have to set/check the right IOPCIPrimaryMatch 0x____8086 for your mobo in:

kext REMOVED

When i route Internal Microphone to rear Pink Jack, even if it show up in Sound pref and is selectable it doesn't work, no signal.

Glad to see STAC9271D on DP35DP mobo working.

can't wait to get home & try this. presently using ALCinject + patched AppleHDA but line-in/mic not working. would love to see your work Alain complete my onboard audio. will post feedback later.

tnx a lot for providing support to audio-for-osx86!

+ + + + +

btw, how do i get the IOPCIPrimaryMatch on my audio onboard intel dp35dp? thought i was sure. :D

can't wait to get home & try this. presently using ALCinject + patched AppleHDA but line-in/mic not working. would love to see your work Alain complete my onboard audio. will post feedback later.

tnx a lot for providing support to audio-for-osx86!

+ + + + +

btw, how do i get the IOPCIPrimaryMatch on my audio onboard intel dp35dp? thought i was sure. :P

I already put it IOPCIPrimaryMatch 0x293e8086, just check.

_caine member own the same mobo and it works for him.

Sadly NO, MUST be in S/L/E.

Next step i am working on is to get AppleHDA 1.5.7a24 from 10.5.5 working, at this time i will consider an EFI Bootloader legacy version

that would be the one i'd be looking forward to! "untouch" the /S/L/Extensions!

tried it won't really load at boot. :( back to my alcinject+applehda w/c can be loaded at boot! :D no support for line-in/mic though. but well, not yet in dire need of it. :D

tnx anyway for your work Alain! u bring additional smiles to the community. :D

that would be the one i'd be looking forward to! "untouch" the /S/L/Extensions!

tried it won't really load at boot. :) back to my alcinject+applehda w/c can be loaded at boot! :D no support for line-in/mic though. but well, not yet in dire need of it. :D

tnx anyway for your work Alain! u bring additional smiles to the community. :)

Try to delete the audio cache at the same you rebuild the kextcache, i do it all the time as i notice sometime cached values are keeped.

sudo rm -rf /Library/Caches/com.apple.Components2.LocalCache.AudioComponents /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

I also notice you are using Chameleon (Leopard 10.5.5 (Boot-132-Chameleon Retail)) you can't use at the same time an audio injector as a kext or as an EFI audio string with the provided HDAEnabler.