• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Demagnini

Demagnini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I have a c767el and I need help I would like to install leopard and I tried it with kalyway and it worked but when I tried to update it the installation get fine but the os won't work so I tried iatkos but the os don't work.. I tried to reinstall kalyway but don't work I see the blue screen and when I boot in single user mode the LAN don't work so wich patch shoul I choose???
Thank you

Scott S.

Scott S.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem with my c700 Compaqentosh.

overheating and the CPU's running at 85deg C.

Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext that has the AppleACPIThermal.kext and adjusted the thresholds
and now running at around 59 - 61 deg C. Which is a little cooler then when running windows.

Directions can be found here to adjust the thresholds.

http://forum.onmac.n...php/t-1711.html

Goodluck.
:)

Hi I have a c767el and I need help I would like to install leopard and I tried it with kalyway and it worked but when I tried to update it the installation get fine but the os won't work so I tried iatkos but the os don't work.. I tried to reinstall kalyway but don't work I see the blue screen and when I boot in single user mode the LAN don't work so wich patch shoul I choose???
Thank you

Don't know if you still need it but I installed iATKOS v7 and all but WIFI is good though I didn't check the audio jacks because I never used them anyway.

I had to update the AppleACPIPlatform kext for fan to work properly but now running smooth.

jellymonster

jellymonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi,

I managed to get leopard installed today 10.5.8.

But I have the sticky key thing, where mainly the Apple key gets stuck on.
Trackpads a little dodgy, but it could be hardware.

And the wireless is not working.

Any help?

Thanks

pmgahan

pmgahan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I had the same problem with my c700 Compaqentosh.

overheating and the CPU's running at 85deg C.

Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext that has the AppleACPIThermal.kext and adjusted the thresholds
and now running at around 59 - 61 deg C. Which is a little cooler then when running windows.

Directions can be found here to adjust the thresholds.

http://forum.onmac.n...php/t-1711.html

Goodluck.
:(

Don't know if you still need it but I installed iATKOS v7 and all but WIFI is good though I didn't check the audio jacks because I never used them anyway.

I had to update the AppleACPIPlatform kext for fan to work properly but now running smooth.

A

Hi, have iATKOS v7 working with WIFI but sleep and fan are not. Where did you get the right AppleACPIPlatform kext?
To get the WIFI to work just remove the Wireless drivers on install, leave all unchecked, the vanilla driver worked fine for me. It didn't work when choosing the Broadcom driver as it did with Kaliway so don't check Broadcom when installing.
Please point me to the right direction to get sleep and fan working.

Thanks,
Patrick

Jarepa

Jarepa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Has anyone tried Snow Leopard?

I managed to "successfully" install it, although successful only applies to "it shows me the desktop".

So far with Snow Leopard I haven't been able to:
- Make use of the GMA950 video card, it defaults to vesa
- Make use of 32bit mode, it defaults to 64 (which is why the GMA950 bundled kext doesn't work)
- Make it recognize my ALPS touchpad, not even with the modified voodooPS2
- Get the Realtek ethernet work
- Get the Atheros wifi to work
- Get the CD/DVD recognized.

I haven't been extensively trying to get it to work either, it's been only one full day on which I must've installed SL around 100 times...

I installed btw, using the modified OSInstall.mpkg, and the new chameleon bootloader. After install and before loading, I had to tweak with the PS2 and the audio controllers (using the modified for SL voodooPS2 and voodooHDA), all of this on an MBR partition map scheme.

Has anyone been luckier than me?

I have a Snow Leopard 10.6.2 successful install on Compaq A900 which is the same as C700 but the only difference is the 17" screen compared with the C700 15" screen. Google it you'll see are the same, even HP site points to the same BIOS update for both to F34 (same file and same service manual).

Check my update on the A900 thread:

Compaq A900

I'll take some pictures to show everyone...

darkinlightj.pretender

darkinlightj.pretender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I tried to install OS X on my C700 using a Kalyway install. The install went through fine, but nothing worked including the sound and wireless.

I decided to back out of it and use the recovery DVDs that I made beforehand. The process died halfway through and now I cannot boot off of any CD or DVD. I just get the blinking cursor. Anyone run into this problem?

yes. i did came up with this problem before. it even ruined my laptop's dvd driver. finally i got to format the laptop and solved it all

shukie

shukie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:God, family Music (drummer for 21 years), Computers - love them all very dearly
Had my C700 running iDeneb 10.5.5 for the last year without any major complications.

Before the install, i replaced my cpu with an Intel Core Duo 2 (2.2ghz), put an Intel 3495 wifi driver.

time machine works perfect, resolution was at 1200x800 after install. I downloaded voodoo power management for battery function, sleep works perfect, used AzaliaAudio for onboard sound and mic (works well with my reason 4 and Logic Pro 8 applications), never ran windows on it since, and so glad i did this!

Az

helpios97

helpios97

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
this is for the atheros ar5007 wifi to workhttp://www.kexts.com/view/236-atherosar5007eg.html

and in iatkos v7 select the realtek rtl8139 ethernet driver

that is for the c799tu
also can anyone tell me if my laptop's video driver is gmax3100 or not

to update a hackintosh leopard you have update normally than put in your hackintosh distro disc again (iatkos, ideneb or whatever) and when you customize uncheck main system and bootloader. The installer will do a driver only install which will install your drivers again and make mac work again

for conexant hi def audio install voodoo hda

supersain

supersain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Question for all you other C700 owners: how does sleep work for you? Did you have to do anything to get it to work? I have a C776CA, and we all have an issue where if sleep works, on wake your CPU runs at full throttle and the OS fan control doesn't work (ie CPU fan runs at idle speed till it hits 80 degrees, then BIOS control puts it to full speed to cool down to 78). I'm wondering if any of your solutions might work for us.

Hi did you ever manage to find a fix for this? I have the exact same problem tried many different versions but can't seem to fix it.... really frustrating! and hours wasted hehe lol ;) i am now running it with ideneb 1.5 which does give me view of the temprature through genericcpu kext. ?? and advice greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

onebutters

onebutters

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Compaq C742TU:

CPU: T2330
Audio: Conexant HD Audio
Video: Intel X3100
WiFi: Atheros AR5008
LAN: ? (but works on both distros)

I tried iDeneb 10.5.7 and iAtkos 10.5.7 with mixed results.

iDeneb:

Audio, WiFi do not work.

iAtkos:

Keyboard, Trackpad and WiFi do not work (but audio does). Tried installing the Atheros driver from helpios97 (16/06/10) suggested but the airport does not pick up any signals.

I have not been able to get any post-OS install kext working on either OS.

nairda

nairda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

this is for the atheros ar5007 wifi to workhttp://www.kexts.com/view/236-atherosar5007eg.html

Awww it didn't work for me...

C768LA, I already checked the model and version of the wifi module, [168c:001c], the kext didn't work

I'm testing the thermal mod ;)

Edit: The computer overheats a lot less since I did it, although temperature monitors still give the same readings for all but the harddrive, which is around 4 C less than usual. (I set it to lose 10 C ...). Guess it can't do miracles.

I also just purchased an Airlink AWLL 6075, figured my mac isn't the only place I could use it and it seems nice and cheap. Plus it specifically states in their webpage it works on OS X 10.4, 10.5 and even 10.6.

Awesome isn't it?

nairda

nairda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
The Airlink 101 AWLL6075 wifi usb card just arrived, and it's tiny.

It works great, it doesn't show like an airport card though, and it uses its own software interface to manage connections which is a tad annoying, but once you're done setting stuff up you can close it.

supersain

supersain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Who has conquered the heat issue? and if you have how did you go about it? i read many posts with this issue but no one yet to give a real step by step guide to fix this issue.

I have no problems in getting any of the mac osx's to work old and new including leo but still have the same issue with heat. temps hit about 80C ! which is not.. good..

details with correct kexts and procedures would be a huge help for all of us with this issue. is there a possible mod to the insyde bios where we can switch the fan to run all the time?

nairda

nairda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Who has conquered the heat issue? and if you have how did you go about it? i read many posts with this issue but no one yet to give a real step by step guide to fix this issue.

I have no problems in getting any of the mac osx's to work old and new including leo but still have the same issue with heat. temps hit about 80C ! which is not.. good..

details with correct kexts and procedures would be a huge help for all of us with this issue. is there a possible mod to the insyde bios where we can switch the fan to run all the time?

At least in my computer, this happens in windows too so, I wouldn't count on a fix at all. Just clean the heat vent here and there so it overheats less

thePsudo

thePsudo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Maybe my experiences will help folks out. If not, this seems promising, but does not exactly match my experience, probably due to OS differences.

I took some online advice and turned the SATA option off in the BIOS before I began; some claim it conflicts with the video card in hackintosh systems, though I never tested the theory. I installed OS 10.6.3 on my Compaq Presario C712NR (C700 series) via iATKOS S3 V2 on a bootable disc.

Audio worked automagically for me, as did the internal microphone and embedded video (Intel GMA965 X3100) in 1024x768x32. I haven't figured out how to get 1280x800x32 yet; it doesn't show up in the Pref pane.

Initially, the AirPort worked. Then I made the mistake of turning it off, and it refused to turn back on. Found a fix:
1) Remove the AirPort from the SysPrefs > Network list via the - minus button.
2) delete /System/Library/Extensions/apple.airport.airport[something].kext Sorry, I can't remember the full name and I already emptied the trash so I can't easily look it up. The [something] was setup or config or prefs or something like that.
3) Restore the AirPort to the SysPrefs > Network list via the + plus button.
After that, turning the AirPort on and off works fine. I'm actually posting via that AirPort card now. The LED button above the keyboard always says off, but that's not important to me.

I snagged Kext Helper 7 and the Trackpad PrefPane. They do what they do fine, but what they do doesn't directly make anything work better.

My biggest remaining beef is that the keyboard and trackpad aren't working; I'm using an extra USB keyboard and mouse I had lying around. They worked during the installation process and during the bootloader (PC_EFI). The OSx86 wiki claims that the special keyboard keys for contrast and volume work out of the box; no such luck for me.

Less annoyingly, the wired Ethernet also seems not to be working, and I haven't figured out the battery icon fix yet. Donno about audio ports or modem; I don't foresee myself ever using them.

I haven't seen the overheating/fan failure issue others have complained about. My fan seems to kick on at the right times, though the thing runs warm just as it did in it's Vista, pre-hackintosh days.

I'll add more notes as things begin working. Any advice you've got would be appreciated.

nairda

nairda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Maybe my experiences will help folks out. If not, this seems promising, but does not exactly match my experience, probably due to OS differences.

I took some online advice and turned the SATA option off in the BIOS before I began; some claim it conflicts with the video card in hackintosh systems, though I never tested the theory. I installed OS 10.6.3 on my Compaq Presario C712NR (C700 series) via iATKOS S3 V2 on a bootable disc.

Can you post which options you chose for the Snow Leopard install?, I've been trying unsuccessfully

thePsudo

thePsudo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can you post which options you chose for the Snow Leopard install?, I've been trying unsuccessfully

I just accepted whatever options were on the iATKOS S3 V2 bootable DVD. I formatted the drive as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) with the Disk Utility (in the Tools menu at the top) and chose --> and Continue whenever prompted. I did get a Kernal Panic on the first boot without the DVD, but it came along fine the second time and I haven't seen a KP since.

The difference between your experience and mine could be OS version, iATKOS version, exact Presario model, or BIOS settings. Mine were 10.6.3 : S3 V2 : C712NR. How do your numbers compare? Did you disable the SATA item under System Configuration in the BIOS? And the DVD booted fine?

nairda

nairda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
the DVD booted fine, mine's a C768LA, used the same iAtkos DVD, but I changed a couple options.

I guess I should've just left it with the regular options; I had to move so much with iAtkos v5i I didn't think not customizing was an option haha. I'll try some other time thanks for the tip

thePsudo

thePsudo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I guess I should've noticed your model number from your signature. I donno if the tip will help any, but I've got my fingers crossed for ya.

In my own struggles, I found a promising lead on that keyboard/trackpad issue. I'm having trouble getting into safe mode. I tried pressing shift during bootup (both on the laptop keyboard and external USB keyboard) and used Onyx to try to force a safe mode boot. Maybe my bootloader (PC_EFI) is getting in the way, but I sorta need it in order to boot.

While the OS is running, there is not /etc/rc There is an /etc/rc.common and an /etc/rc.netboot The netboot one looks a little like how they describe it, but modifying it and rebooting seems to have done nothing. rc.common doesn't look like what they describe. Can someone who understands what they're doing help me out?

It bothers me a little that the BIOS, Bootloader, and iATKOS installer all see my keyboard/trackpad just fine. Why can these much smaller systems find my devices whereas the big, elaborate OS cannot!? It defies sense.

Peterr22

Peterr22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Audio worked automagically for me, as did the internal microphone and embedded video (Intel GMA965 X3100) in 1024x768x32. I haven't figured out how to get 1280x800x32 yet; it doesn't show up in the Pref pane.

Initially, the AirPort worked. Then I made the mistake of turning it off, and it refused to turn back on. Found a fix:
1) Remove the AirPort from the SysPrefs > Network list via the - minus button.
2) delete /System/Library/Extensions/apple.airport.airport[something].kext Sorry, I can't remember the full name and I already emptied the trash so I can't easily look it up. The [something] was setup or config or prefs or something like that.
3) Restore the AirPort to the SysPrefs > Network list via the + plus button.
After that, turning the AirPort on and off works fine. I'm actually posting via that AirPort card now. The LED button above the keyboard always says off, but that's not important to me.

I snagged Kext Helper 7 and the Trackpad PrefPane. They do what they do fine, but what they do doesn't directly make anything work better.

My biggest remaining beef is that the keyboard and trackpad aren't working; I'm using an extra USB keyboard and mouse I had lying around. They worked during the installation process and during the bootloader (PC_EFI). The OSx86 wiki claims that the special keyboard keys for contrast and volume work out of the box; no such luck for me.

Less annoyingly, the wired Ethernet also seems not to be working, and I haven't figured out the battery icon fix yet. Donno about audio ports or modem; I don't foresee myself ever using them.

I haven't seen the overheating/fan failure issue others have complained about. My fan seems to kick on at the right times, though the thing runs warm just as it did in it's Vista, pre-hackintosh days.

I'll add more notes as things begin working. Any advice you've got would be appreciated.

I have the exact same laptop c712nr and installed using this method
http://tonymacx86.bl...ac-os-x-on.html
I skipped step one though.
My keyboard mouse sounds and wifi work perfectly until I installed #####, after that only usb mouse worked. I stopped after that, didn't go any farther than ##### install yet
So i reinstalled osx and haven't installed mulitbeast yet..successfully updated mac software and restarted..keyboard and mouse still working

Hope that helps your troubleshooting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy