Compaq Presario C700 series hackintosh users

venerzky

47 posts in this topic

For those who have Compaq Presario C700 series w/ hackintosh please post here your hardware problems and how you were able to fix it.

This will surely help the owners of Compaq Presario C700 laptops,,

Thanks,,

i'm still trying to figure out how can i make my Conexant HD Audio, AR5007 wifi device and the built-in webcam to work w/ iDeneb 10.5.5 OSX86,,

any help will be highly appreciated,,

Thanks,,

• 1 month later...

i am running JaS 10.4.8 Tiger on my Compaq Presario C700, i am still having an issue with:

~Airport (Atheros)

~Ethernet (Realtek Fast Ethernet Family)

~And Audio (Conexant Hd High Defenition Audio)

I hope someone can help me out too? :S

much appreciated

Cheers,

Cheeztoast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a compaq presario c700 with kalyway 10.5.2

everything works except for the build in mic and the audio input and output.

the Broadcom wireless works perfect and i'm using the vanilla kernel.

to make the wireless work i select to install the broadcom driver at the installation.

Look here. This was with 10.5.4, but not much change. Try it out. Updated to 10.5.6 with no problems.

The C7xx will not have access to your audio jacks, mic, and sleep will work but on wake the fan will not return to active cooling. It will not wake after a 2nd sleep, and without active cooling, you are better off without.

Good luck.

Kenny

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a C768LA, installed with iAtkos Vanilla kernel, and so far everything works (even updated to 10.5.7 no problems) except:

- Mic and headphone jack

- Atheros 5006 (ar242x) WiFi

- Internal Mic (damn)

- From time to time some keys get stuck (it's usually cmd, 7, and/or shift... it's really bad when cmd + W/Q get stuck!)

That's about it. What's a pain in the ass -besides the stuck keys- is that apparently without a Mic (internal or external) Skype crashes...

And i'm guessing that's all the issues I have.

I just installed the kexts from this guide: http://www.dailyblogged.com/960/os-x-1057-...allation-guide/

And now I have a battery meter and trackpad preference pane.

Solutions (?):

- Still no driver for AR242x :) but I read someone was working on a kext see if it worked, still not available though. Not even for testing purposes.

- Anyone's gotten at least the internal Mic to work? ...

- Anyone else has that sticky key thing? ... what I do to unstickify it is one of three things:

[1] Press the keys that are stuck on the physical keyboard (I gotta look at the onscreen keyboard to see all the stuck keys). In the case of double keys like shift and cmd, you gotta press them both, I usually press one first and then the other and it gets free.

[2] Put the computer on sleep mode. I was surprised to find out sleep mode works ;) after so much reading it didn't. When the computer wakes up, use [1]

[3] Restart :P

i install kalyway 10.5.2 and it all seems to work but i cant get it to output to a external display to set up osx, because my laptop lcd is broken (i know prolly a bit much for osx86, does anybody have suggestions??)

• 3 weeks later...
i install kalyway 10.5.2 and it all seems to work but i cant get it to output to a external display to set up osx, because my laptop lcd is broken (i know prolly a bit much for osx86, does anybody have suggestions??)

Turn the computer on and press fn + F7 or fn + F4.

OR well... see how F1 has a square with ?, find one that has a square inside a square with ||_|| kinda like that, but enclosed in a square. Should be either F4 or F7.

Press fn + that one with the square, and it should start throwing output into your external display :rolleyes:

I tried to install OS X on my C700 using a Kalyway install. The install went through fine, but nothing worked including the sound and wireless.

I decided to back out of it and use the recovery DVDs that I made beforehand. The process died halfway through and now I cannot boot off of any CD or DVD. I just get the blinking cursor. Anyone run into this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

hi I hope you can help me i just install the kalyway version on my c767 and all worked well but after about 5 times of turning on other days after the apple screen just give me a blue screen does anyone know how to solve this? and only works the external display but why in the other days it works on my laptop screen?

hi I hope can help me i just install the kalyway version on my c767 and all worked well but after about 5 times of turning on other days after the apple screen just give me a blue screen does anyone know how to solve this? and only works the external display but why in the other days it works on my laptop screen?

• 4 weeks later...
hi I hope you can help me i just install the kalyway version on my c767 and all worked well but after about 5 times of turning on other days after the apple screen just give me a blue screen does anyone know how to solve this? and only works the external display but why in the other days it works on my laptop screen?

That's strange but it happens to me too, all I do is restart, if it doesn't start alright on the second, it definitely does on the third.

But yeah, strange thing...

I tried to install OS X on my C700 using a Kalyway install. The install went through fine, but nothing worked including the sound and wireless.

I decided to back out of it and use the recovery DVDs that I made beforehand. The process died halfway through and now I cannot boot off of any CD or DVD. I just get the blinking cursor. Anyone run into this problem?

Try going to the motherboard options (usually pressing F2 on the motherboard's display, that is, the very first image you see when your computer starts).

Once there you go to "boot options" or "boot order", and move the CD/DVD up, that should give priority to the motherboard to try to read a system from the DVD drive before the harddrive, thus enabling you to startup from the harddrive.

But that's weird that it didn't work, maybe you didn't check some of the options for sound, wireless and well... the other stuff. Too bad.

Sorry for the late reply too, I was on vacations (well, still am)

Oh, I updated through software update to 10.5.8 without any issue. The update didn't even break anything with voodoo or other kexts ;)

Question for all you other C700 owners: how does sleep work for you? Did you have to do anything to get it to work? I have a C776CA, and we all have an issue where if sleep works, on wake your CPU runs at full throttle and the OS fan control doesn't work (ie CPU fan runs at idle speed till it hits 80 degrees, then BIOS control puts it to full speed to cool down to 78). I'm wondering if any of your solutions might work for us.

Question for all you other C700 owners: how does sleep work for you? Did you have to do anything to get it to work? I have a C776CA, and we all have an issue where if sleep works, on wake your CPU runs at full throttle and the OS fan control doesn't work (ie CPU fan runs at idle speed till it hits 80 degrees, then BIOS control puts it to full speed to cool down to 78). I'm wondering if any of your solutions might work for us.

I had it working under 10.5.7, but 10.5.8 broke it. VoodooPower.kext is the extension on which it would work, but on the update i noticed it doesn't work anymore. Bummer!

• 4 weeks later...

My compaq is 100% managed to get the audio connector installing kext VodooHDA Thireus

and deleting the AzaliaAudio

Compaq c700 Kalyway 10.5.2 Vanilla

My Hardware

Tipo de processador Mobile Intel Celeron M 530, 1733 MHz (13 x 133)

Nome da Placa Mãe Hewlett-Packard Presario C700 Notebook PC

Chipset da Placa Mãe Intel Crestline-GM GM965

DIMM Samsung M4 70T6554EZ3-CE6 512 MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM

Tipo de BIOS Insyde (09/13/07)

Adaptador gráfico Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (128 MB)

Acelerador 3D Intel GMA X3100

Monitor Samsung LTN154X3-L01 [15.4" LCD]

Adaptador de som Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

Controladora IDE Intel® 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller

Controladora IDE Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

Disco rígido TOSHIBA MK8037GSX (80 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II)

Drive óptico Hitachi-LG HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-C10N (DVD:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)

Adaptador de Rede Placa de Rede Broadcom 802.11g

Adaptador de Rede Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Modem HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Controladora USB Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - USB Universal Host Controller

Has anyone tried Snow Leopard?

I managed to "successfully" install it, although successful only applies to "it shows me the desktop".

So far with Snow Leopard I haven't been able to:

- Make use of the GMA950 video card, it defaults to vesa

- Make use of 32bit mode, it defaults to 64 (which is why the GMA950 bundled kext doesn't work)

- Make it recognize my ALPS touchpad, not even with the modified voodooPS2

- Get the Realtek ethernet work

- Get the Atheros wifi to work

- Get the CD/DVD recognized.

I haven't been extensively trying to get it to work either, it's been only one full day on which I must've installed SL around 100 times...

I installed btw, using the modified OSInstall.mpkg, and the new chameleon bootloader. After install and before loading, I had to tweak with the PS2 and the audio controllers (using the modified for SL voodooPS2 and voodooHDA), all of this on an MBR partition map scheme.

Has anyone been luckier than me?

Hi I have a c767el and I need help I would like to install leopard and I tried it with kalyway and it worked but when I tried to update it the installation get fine but the os won't work so I tried iatkos but the os don't work.. I tried to reinstall kalyway but don't work I see the blue screen and when I boot in single user mode the LAN don't work so wich patch shoul I choose???

Thank you

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem with my c700 Compaqentosh.

overheating and the CPU's running at 85deg C.

Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext that has the AppleACPIThermal.kext and adjusted the thresholds

and now running at around 59 - 61 deg C. Which is a little cooler then when running windows.

Directions can be found here to adjust the thresholds.

http://forum.onmac.net/archive/index.php/t-1711.html

Goodluck.

:)

Hi I have a c767el and I need help I would like to install leopard and I tried it with kalyway and it worked but when I tried to update it the installation get fine but the os won't work so I tried iatkos but the os don't work.. I tried to reinstall kalyway but don't work I see the blue screen and when I boot in single user mode the LAN don't work so wich patch shoul I choose???

Thank you

Don't know if you still need it but I installed iATKOS v7 and all but WIFI is good though I didn't check the audio jacks because I never used them anyway.

I had to update the AppleACPIPlatform kext for fan to work properly but now running smooth.

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem with my c700 Compaqentosh.

overheating and the CPU's running at 85deg C.

Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext that has the AppleACPIThermal.kext and adjusted the thresholds

and now running at around 59 - 61 deg C. Which is a little cooler then when running windows.

Directions can be found here to adjust the thresholds.

http://forum.onmac.net/archive/index.php/t-1711.html

Goodluck.

:(

Don't know if you still need it but I installed iATKOS v7 and all but WIFI is good though I didn't check the audio jacks because I never used them anyway.

I had to update the AppleACPIPlatform kext for fan to work properly but now running smooth.

A

Hi, have iATKOS v7 working with WIFI but sleep and fan are not. Where did you get the right AppleACPIPlatform kext?

To get the WIFI to work just remove the Wireless drivers on install, leave all unchecked, the vanilla driver worked fine for me. It didn't work when choosing the Broadcom driver as it did with Kaliway so don't check Broadcom when installing.

Please point me to the right direction to get sleep and fan working.

Thanks,

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried Snow Leopard?

I managed to "successfully" install it, although successful only applies to "it shows me the desktop".

So far with Snow Leopard I haven't been able to:

- Make use of the GMA950 video card, it defaults to vesa

- Make use of 32bit mode, it defaults to 64 (which is why the GMA950 bundled kext doesn't work)

- Make it recognize my ALPS touchpad, not even with the modified voodooPS2

- Get the Realtek ethernet work

- Get the Atheros wifi to work

- Get the CD/DVD recognized.

I haven't been extensively trying to get it to work either, it's been only one full day on which I must've installed SL around 100 times...

I installed btw, using the modified OSInstall.mpkg, and the new chameleon bootloader. After install and before loading, I had to tweak with the PS2 and the audio controllers (using the modified for SL voodooPS2 and voodooHDA), all of this on an MBR partition map scheme.

Has anyone been luckier than me?

I have a Snow Leopard 10.6.2 successful install on Compaq A900 which is the same as C700 but the only difference is the 17" screen compared with the C700 15" screen. Google it you'll see are the same, even HP site points to the same BIOS update for both to F34 (same file and same service manual).

Check my update on the A900 thread:

Compaq A900

I'll take some pictures to show everyone...