DLINK DWA 110

jucoski

15 posts in this topic

I own one of these cards and can confirm this wireless card has a Ralink chipset, and you have two options:

1: Install the mac driver from the CD that came with it (which is {censored} anyway);

2: Install the Ralink package when you install Mac OS X (it is called RT2500-RT73-USB) from the wireless section

I just purchased a DLlink DWA 110 USB Wireless adapter. I'm assuming this is the same that you are using. I have downloaded a driver that will install the necessary drivers for what they say should work for 10.4 and 10.5. This worked no problem, but after installing and using for a while, the system would freeze and give the gray screen "You need to restart your machine for many reasons." I uninstalled the driver and now the system runs perfectly.

Are you having the same freezing issue with your USB adapter?

• 9 months later...
I just purchased a DLlink DWA 110 USB Wireless adapter. I'm assuming this is the same that you are using. I have downloaded a driver that will install the necessary drivers for what they say should work for 10.4 and 10.5. This worked no problem, but after installing and using for a while, the system would freeze and give the gray screen "You need to restart your machine for many reasons." I uninstalled the driver and now the system runs perfectly.

Are you having the same freezing issue with your USB adapter?

My osx86 freezes after trying to connect wirelesly using DWA-110,,

thanks,,

• 3 weeks later...
Dwa-110, works ot of the box, install this driver.. should work...

ftp://www.dlinkla.com/pub/drivers/DWA-110..._(Mac%20OS).dmg

This DWA-110 works but not connect. I can see all access points including my own (open, no protection, to make this as easy as possible), but when I choose the AP and press "Connect" nothing happens. I try both drivers, from D-link and from Ralink, same problem... Can you help me?

This DWA-110 works but not connect. I can see all access points including my own (open, no protection, to make this as easy as possible), but when I choose the AP and press "Connect" nothing happens. I try both drivers, from D-link and from Ralink, same problem... Can you help me?

My mistake, Router's MAC Filtering was turned on... problem solved!

• 2 weeks later...
It does not work in Snow Leopard.

I don't know about Snow Leopard, but I'm take advantage of your post to update my. After some time using D-Link driver I'm now trying Ralink driver. D-Link driver begin to disconnect frequently and do not connect automatically when system start's up. Ralink is working fine and start the connection to my AP automatically.

You can download from here and test it with Snow Leopard if you like: http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/..._2008_12_04.dmg

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've got a succes to share!

I used the USB wifi adapter from Sweex Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter 54 MBS, type number LW053 using the "RTUSB D71w-1.3.0.0_UI-3.0.0.0_2010_04_13.dmg" drivers, The USB 2500 version on the website:

http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

USB(RT257X/RT2671/RT2500)

This is a very cheap and super easy way to get Wifi access if internal Wifi is causing you a lot of pain!

I'm running 10.6.4 on a lenovo T60 with ATI x 1400 Graphics.

Good Luck.

• 1 year later...