WOW! ok so its been some time coming since I have posted and I decided to do a refresh of my Acer as I was experiencing some just weird problems with my previous kalyway install up to 10.5.6. Decided to use the new XxX 10.5.6 Full Iso (check the green demon for it), as it had the most up-to-date kext's as well as bootloader. And I just wanted to share all that I had to do to get it fully functional, which quite surprisingly was not much at all, WooHoo!
And this is only for installing OS X on the AAO...XxX 10.5.6 Full install...
Click Customize in the installer and choose...
- Essential System software
- DSDT Patch
- Essential Kexts
- Optional Kernel: Voodoo 9.5 v1.0 - (just works better than Vanilla even under 10.5.6)
- Chipset: new ICHx
- Video: IntelGMA950 - Only the one for AAO, no others i.e. kext's or the frame buffer
- Audio: ALC268 AA1
- Network: RealTekR1000.driver, (AtherosWireless - not sure if it works as I replaced it)
- Power: ACPiBatteryManager - Chun Nan
- Others: USB Fix, Boot Prompt
- Tools - (there are a lot of really good utilities in here)Once rebooted and up...
- Type in the following command in Terminal Mode:
- Sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
- System will ask you for your password, you may enter your password
- look for "Kernel Flags" and put "cpus=2".
- Press i to insert item
Press and hold shift than wq
Than type wq, hit enter, and exit TerminalInstall Kext...
- Open Kext Helper
- Install Seatbelt.kext (needed from 10.5.5)
- Open Disk Utility and Repair Permission and Restart
For mic use...
- Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y
- unzip the file
- open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext
- type in password and click EASY Install
- to be safe Open Terminal
- type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""
- reboot AAO
- Decided to use the Slim Battery Manager in the Applications folder, this installs with the tools option and
works very well and is smaller
Thanks goes out to brgroup, aztec_knight, Blue-K, & Pencils, all of whom I credit for their work, previous guides and help in getting this put together. The new XxX 10.5.6 takes care of a lot, you can try the Atheros drivers, but I did a card swap to an 802.11n card (much f'ing faster and worth the $26). And just in case anyone wants to know...
My system config is: 1.5 Gb RAM 320GB 7200 RPM drive, Macbook pull 802.11n mini pci-e wifi (yes an actual apple part in the Hack-Intosh) and 7200 mah battery good for roughly 5:30 hours runtime, and custom paint job
I recommend using the XxX distro as it is the most complete with little to edit, and best drivers out of all the installers I have found.