- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
749 replies to this topic

volsk

volsk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 57 posts

I installed Kalaway 10.5.1 and the netbook keeps lopping at Migration assistant. Its due to the missing Video kext in my disk.

Can anyone upload the display kext so that I can copy it via terminal using my USB drive ?

Thanks.

PS: Also let me know the location where to copy the kext to.

There are several tutorials for several distro's that work almost out of the box. I suggest the XxX tutorial by blue-k. It's somewhere in this thread. I don't think it's a video issue, but here are some hints.

In the openingpost you can read:

Installing Video Card Intel GMA 945 with 1024x600 resolution my Fab.
1. run Kext Helper B7 from your Application Folder
2. open Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack
3. select ONLY AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext and Natit.kext

Now you now where to find the drivers.
When you boot into single user mode.
at the command line copy the above kexts to /System/Library/Extensions. (I assume you know how to do this.)
followed by:
For all 5 kexts:
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext
chmod -R 775 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext

And then
touch /System/Library/Extensions
reboot

uknowirock

uknowirock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I followed this tutorial to the letter 3 times and have the same issue everytime. Going from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 my keyboard and trackpad quit working. Keyboard works fine for the F8 prompt and for the Darwin entry, but when OS X loads nothing.

If I plug in a USB keyboard and mouse they work. I even tried doing the FFScrollDaemon but that did not help at all.

I also noticed that there is no trackpad tab in the System Prefs.

Other than that it seems to work, I can't seem to get a battery monitor working, but I think at this point a keyboard & mouse are more important

EDIT: I did the 10.5.6 update and did not replace the keyboard.PrefPane with the backed up version. Keyboard & Trackpad now work, how ever, the keyboard/mouse preferences in system preferences now only shows keyboard. No tabs for a mouse or Trackpad what so ever. But they work, I guess thats something

Jash Sayani

Jash Sayani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thanks a lot. I have Leopard completely working !!! :D
Hats off to all those who put effort into this great tutorial !

BTW, is there a way to get the Battery meter on the menu bar ?

volsk

volsk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 57 posts

Other than that it seems to work, I can't seem to get a battery monitor working, but I think at this point a keyboard & mouse are more important

Thanks a lot. I have Leopard completely working !!! :)
Hats off to all those who put effort into this great tutorial !

BTW, is there a way to get the Battery meter on the menu bar ?

Try this kext

EDIT: I did the 10.5.6 update and did not replace the keyboard.PrefPane with the backed up version. Keyboard & Trackpad now work, how ever, the keyboard/mouse preferences in system preferences now only shows keyboard. No tabs for a mouse or Trackpad what so ever. But they work, I guess thats something

Try this keyboard.PrefPane.

Jash Sayani

Jash Sayani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Try this kext

I installed the kext, repaired the permissions and rebooted. But still I don't have the battery meter!

Secondly, I would also like to reduce the speed of the touchpad. Its very fast compared to performance in Windows.

Thanks.

jacobzking

jacobzking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
LOL, I've slowly read all 34 pages of this thread, but can't figure out if there's a way to get the internal mic to work and also does anyone know if you can get the card reader to read XD cards? Thanks!

xp1700

xp1700

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
for simul macbookair whit dvd sharing take 3 kext and install whit kexk helper and restart
boot promt
-v -f and enter keys

Attached Files

leukosaima

leukosaima

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone tried the tutorial on page 27 using the new XxX 10.5.6 final .iso? I'm wondering if it has helped anyone with any particular issues...

I will probably try following the tutorial with this new .iso and see how it goes.

shoesy

shoesy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Has anyone tried the tutorial on page 27 using the new XxX 10.5.6 final .iso? I'm wondering if it has helped anyone with any particular issues...

I will probably try following the tutorial with this new .iso and see how it goes.

Not yet -too scared to break my install!

Still I'm sure my time will come.

volsk

volsk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 57 posts

I did! Hibernation does not work anymore. Using the previous versions I got it working with:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1
and
uncheck "Use secure virtual memory" in System Configuration --> Security and reboot.

Besides the hiberantion everything worked as in the earlier versions. No new issues or fixes.

Jash Sayani

Jash Sayani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Working WiFi
(Default stock Atheros card)

http://www.insanelym...showtopic=40317

Another solution: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=100675

MacTech84

MacTech84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
WOW! ok so its been some time coming since I have posted and I decided to do a refresh of my Acer as I was experiencing some just weird problems with my previous kalyway install up to 10.5.6. Decided to use the new XxX 10.5.6 Full Iso (check the green demon for it), as it had the most up-to-date kext's as well as bootloader. And I just wanted to share all that I had to do to get it fully functional, which quite surprisingly was not much at all, WooHoo!

And this is only for installing OS X on the AAO...

XxX 10.5.6 Full install...
Click Customize in the installer and choose...
- Essential System software
- PC_EFI9
- DSDT Patch
- Essential Kexts
- Optional Kernel: Voodoo 9.5 v1.0 - (just works better than Vanilla even under 10.5.6)
- Chipset: new ICHx
- Video: IntelGMA950 - Only the one for AAO, no others i.e. kext's or the frame buffer
- Audio: ALC268 AA1
- Network: RealTekR1000.driver, (AtherosWireless - not sure if it works as I replaced it)
- Power: ACPiBatteryManager - Chun Nan
- Others: USB Fix, Boot Prompt
- Tools - (there are a lot of really good utilities in here)

Once rebooted and up...
- Type in the following command in Terminal Mode:
- Sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
- System will ask you for your password, you may enter your password
- look for "Kernel Flags" and put "cpus=2".
- Press i to insert item
Eg.
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>cpus=2</string>
Press Esc
Press and hold shift than wq
Than type wq, hit enter, and exit Terminal

Install Kext...
- Open Kext Helper
- Install Seatbelt.kext (needed from 10.5.5)
- Open Disk Utility and Repair Permission and Restart
For mic use...
- Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y
- unzip the file
- open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext
- type in password and click EASY Install
- to be safe Open Terminal
- type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""
- reboot AAO

Battery Meter

- Decided to use the Slim Battery Manager in the Applications folder, this installs with the tools option and
works very well and is smaller

Thanks goes out to brgroup, aztec_knight, Blue-K, & Pencils, all of whom I credit for their work, previous guides and help in getting this put together. The new XxX 10.5.6 takes care of a lot, you can try the Atheros drivers, but I did a card swap to an 802.11n card (much f'ing faster and worth the $26). And just in case anyone wants to know...
My system config is: 1.5 Gb RAM 320GB 7200 RPM drive, Macbook pull 802.11n mini pci-e wifi (yes an actual apple part in the Hack-Intosh) and 7200 mah battery good for roughly 5:30 hours runtime, and custom paint job :angry: ...
~Stephen

Edit/update...

I recommend using the XxX distro as it is the most complete with little to edit, and best drivers out of all the installers I have found.

OriginalMACNUT

OriginalMACNUT

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 617 posts
Thanks for the guide, Up and running smooth on my ACER Aspire one AOA150-1777

*Installed using OSXMSIWind.ISO*
Sounds working*<----- alc268 Driver needed
Video Working*<-----OOTB
Both SD Drives working* <-----Drivers needed
Webcam working* <-----OOTB
WIFi working*<------ mackerintel IO80211family.kext <-----Requires to hold the wireless button at power up, and a second push at the HDD menu for it to work every time.
Very happy over all, wireless I can live with as it only a small process to achieve working. Re-Apply Drivers after 10.5.6 update.
Mostly Vanilla system :gathering:

I've attached mackerintel Modded IO80211FAMILY.KEXT--- I've added more Wireless Cards to it.
Posted Image

Attached Files

krishna123

krishna123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi I followed the instructions on page 27 by Pencils and installed XxX 10.5.5. At step "j. Open Kexthelper b7" it says you either pick the wifi to work or the video card to work.

I picked wifi, but has anyone figured out how to get the video to work also? I am running 800x600 right now but I see people managed to get a higher resolution. Has anyone managed to create a video fix that doesn't kill the wifi?

Thanks!

xp1700

xp1700

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
try my plugins acer air chose acer ''air''
first install ( Mac OSx86] Universal OSx86) at http://######.com
and install my plugins in folder motherboard for my plugins
http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871Attached File  Image_4.png   254.81KB   84 downloads

Attached Files

krishna123

krishna123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks xp1700. I did what you said, I used your Acer Air plugin and the resolution is fine now. However my wifi seems to be broken again. I am going to try some of the other instructions to see if I can bring it back to life.

Does anyone know how to get hibernate to work? When I hit sleep it would just make the screen go grey and frozen like. I could hit the power and it would spring back but it clearly was not working.

On the upside though xp1700 fixed my shutdown issue, now my computer will properly shut down!

AngelusMalus

AngelusMalus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire One A150X 3G
and I followed this great tutorial,
everything worked great, thx for that.

But now I have 2 questions:

1st : Is it possible to get the UMTS - Modem to work?
Its a "Qualcomm HS-USB Modem 9212"
Shows also under ethernet adapters in XP as "Qualcomm Wireless HS-USB Ethernet Adapter 9212"

Posted Image

2nd :
After the first Install (XxX_10.5.5_Beta1_PPF1) i did Apple updates and after that the system didn´t boot anymore,
it rebooted at the gray Apple srceen ...an endless loop...did I miss something?
I reinstalled the whole thing now...But would be great if I could apply the Updades...

Thx in advance.

jacobzking

jacobzking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
so is there a fix for the internal mic and sleep mode with 10.5.6? if so, can someone provide me with which kexts to use? thanks!

krishna123

krishna123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Look at post #673
Install Kext...
- Open Kext Helper
- Install Seatbelt.kext (needed from 10.5.5)
- Open Disk Utility and Repair Permission and Restart
For mic use...
- Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y
- unzip the file
- open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext
- type in password and click EASY Install
- to be safe Open Terminal
- type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""
- reboot AAO

I haven't tried this yet though, I don't really care about mic use.

ifroyd

ifroyd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi all,

Thank you for the great work on this forum.
Im running A150 with iDeneb according to the original post on this forum. Went from 10.5.2 to .5 no problems.

Im using vanilla kernel. Here is my question.

Ethernet only works if plugged in while boot.
when i try to turn machine off, OSX goes off but i have to hold power button so Mobo will turn off as well. This is the only problem that bugs me right now.
I have just noticed that the autoswitch for my audio is not working.

I really dont care much about these little things but, if you could help me out with the Mobo shutdown that is greatly appreciated. I also dont care about going to .6 so i would like to switch my kernel to the latest vodoo as i read the perf is better, is that true ?
Anyone know what should i select on customize for the XXX x86 install disc ?
is there a centralized place of what works what not or what is the best distro out of the box ?

Thank you,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy