Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

harbot

742 posts in this topic

i recommend the Dell 1390 card. you can get em for about $15 total on ebay. this seems to be the most popular and successful card

Ill go with theCollectors suggestion on this even im still not working for now hoping someday soon there will be a force that will create the kext for AAO wifi hehehe :)

i hope anyone can help me out ?

i´m looking for boot camp installer for leopard on my aao

with the installer dvd i can´t install it

thanks for helping

as far as i know, boot camp doesn't work in hackingtosh... that's why i'm having issues figuring out dual booting... can anyone help me?

Hi!

If you are like me the proud owner of the NEW Aspire ONE 150 GZ5, 1,6Ghz, 120GB 1,5GB, White, this is not a tutorial, its merely an addition....

I also exchanged the Atheros Wireless card for a BCM94311 so that there is no issues with wireless(I hear there is a driver for it,not included in my zipfile)

I used Paul's kexts at the start and the autoswitching audio kext but sadly not everything worked well. The autoswitch kext did not include the internalMIC working on this model and for me using Skype was important!

I decided to redo the machine.

I used iDeneb "iDeneb_v1.3_10.5.5_ISO" to do the initial install, Chameleon_V_1.0.11 to make it bootable and patched the kexts from my zipfile to make it fully working. This includes full graphic startup of the install including sound, which is always a good sign, Audio OUT, Internal Speaker switch, and InternalMIC! Resolution runs at full and the external monitor supports 1680x1050x32, with rotation, mirror and autoplug!

I like using AppleDecrypt instead of dsmos but that would be your choice! Also I did not compile ANY of the kexts, they are merely an compilation of already existing work, EXCEPT for the Audio kexts this is the Autoswitching kext referred to in some of the previous post, I only edited it to recognize the InternalMIC!

Hope it helps people:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y

SticMAC

I used iDeneb "iDeneb_v1.3_10.5.5_ISO" to do the initial install, Chameleon_V_1.0.11 to make it bootable and patched the kexts from my zipfile to make it fully working. This includes full graphic startup of the install including sound, which is always a good sign, Audio OUT, Internal Speaker switch, and InternalMIC! Resolution runs at full and the external monitor supports 1680x1050x32, with rotation, mirror and autoplug!

I like using AppleDecrypt instead of dsmos but that would be your choice! Also I did not compile ANY of the kexts, they are merely an compilation of already existing work, EXCEPT for the Audio kexts this is the Autoswitching kext referred to in some of the previous post, I only edited it to recognize the InternalMIC!

Hope it helps people:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zy5uhwtlioo

SticMAC

let me make sure i understand. i can use your kext's to activate these features WITHOUT having to reinstall with ideneb? also, do i have to remove any prior kexts? or just install and rock it?

either way, nice work! i was missing that mic for ichat

Yes, iDeneb 10.5.5 (9.5 Vanilla w/ cpus=1 fix) install worked great for me.. I had to use Harbot's tutorial for fixes for the Audio (no internal mic), About and Video..Batterymeter works out of the box on this..

A friend has purchased his A150 and I'll be Hacking his soon with iDeneb..

SticMac, if u'r still around, what method did you use to install your kext-pack? Did you inject them at the prompt or use kexthelper to overwrite them all?

Thanks for your help and the kext compilation..Awesome

Initially to make sure everything worked I installed them one by one! After I was sure these kexts were fine and would do no damage(Slinger2G) Is redid a complete installation, and used Kexthelper to install the lot!

This does NOT include the PowerManagement.bundle in the zipfile, you have to do that manually in a separate place, but you should know that! :)

S

Yes, iDeneb 10.5.5 (9.5 Vanilla w/ cpus=1 fix) install worked great for me.. I had to use Harbot's tutorial for fixes for the Audio (no internal mic), About and Video..Batterymeter works out of the box on this..

A friend has purchased his A150 and I'll be Hacking his soon with iDeneb..

SticMac, if u'r still around, what method did you use to install your kext-pack? Did you inject them at the prompt or use kexthelper to overwrite them all?

Thanks for your help and the kext compilation..Awesome

hey dead_evangel, i can help you out. what stage are you at?

Thanks dude!!!

Here is my story:

After a lot of attemps i just recently installed Leopard in partition 1 using Kaliway 10.5.2 (i'm still fixing some issues... ethernet, audio...) i installed it using GUID partition scheme because MBR didn't work for me, so now i got Leopard 10.5.5, installed Office, moved my files and music... but now i'm wondering how to install Win XP in the other partition... i've been searching but i haven't found a how to... i've only found tutorials from the begining using MBR... and other tutorials but only for vista...

the point here is to install WinXP without having to reinstall everything from the begining, unless i have to...

ooooh.....well, i hate to say it after offering to help, but i don't know how to do it from inside mac! i did it about 6 times from inside windows though.

anyways, i'll just tell you what i know and hopefully the other mac-savvy people here will fill in what i miss.

from what i've read the best way is to resize through a shell. link:

http://www.macgeekery.com/tips/cli/nondestructively_resizing_volumes

but, half-way down that article, it says you have to unmount, repartition, mount again. i don't know those commands.

in the comments section of that article, a user says you have to have a GPT formatted drive?

whew. okay. i hope SOME Of this helped. if you decide to wipe and start over, i recommend installing XP first, then repartitioning inside of it. there's a bunch of really good tools to do that REALLY easily.

Thanks dude!!!

Here is my story:

After a lot of attemps i just recently installed Leopard in partition 1 using Kaliway 10.5.2 (i'm still fixing some issues... ethernet, audio...) i installed it using GUID partition scheme because MBR didn't work for me, so now i got Leopard 10.5.5, installed Office, moved my files and music... but now i'm wondering how to install Win XP in the other partition... i've been searching but i haven't found a how to... i've only found tutorials from the begining using MBR... and other tutorials but only for vista...

the point here is to install WinXP without having to reinstall everything from the begining, unless i have to...

Sorry, I don't think you can use GUID with windows or DOS - If you want to dual boot you'll have to find a way to use MBR - The Partition scheme runs on the whole disk. You can also run windows off a separate hard disk if its too much trouble to reinstall everything.

Before you delete everything though, do you have a free external usb disk with 50gigs or so? You can set that up in OSX with GUID as a Time Machine and back everything up. It takes a while, but as you'll see you'll be able to restore it during install..

I'm running Winxp native and Leopard as an install. I basically used the OSX/Vista turtorials from the dualboot forum here.

Here's how I did it..

(The reason why I think the tutorials say to install windows first is because it will automatically set MBR up for you.)

You may need some tools:

• An Acer One WinXP boot disk (get it here: http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtop...f=11&t=2445)
  • Partition Magic 8 or any partition resizer - I like PM cause it's Graphic and really hard to screw up..(TPB or other torrent site)
  • OSX86 Disks (iDeneb 10.5.5, Kaly10.5.2 or Leo4All10.5.4 from torrent sites)
  • SticMac's awesome kext-pack(see above)

1)Boot from the Acer One Windows CD

2)Format and reconfigure the Hard Drive as C:

3) Windows is installed everything is working

4) Install and fire up Partition Magic and resize your C: drive

• DON'T ALLOCATE THE FREE SPACE! You'll do that below in #5

• (I split mine 50GD winxp and 50GB osx - 10GB's minimum)
  • Be sure to hit apply and restart if needed

5) Setup Partition for Mac OS X (taken from somewhere - thanks to the original writer wherever you are)

• While logged into Vista, hit the "Windows Key + R". A Run box should popup.
  • Type in "DISKPART" & hit "Enter".
  • Press Continue when you get the UAC Security Screen. DISKPART should now launch in a CMD interface.
  • Now type "list disk".
  • Then type "select disk 0"
  • Then type "create partition primary id=af" (This will create a new primary partition of the remaining free space in a format Mac will be able to understand).
  • Then type "list partition".
  • Then type "select partition 2".
  • Then type "active".
  • Then type "exit".

6) Now you can insert your Mac OS X disk and restart your computer.

7) Install Mac OS X (you may already know this part)

• After you reboot, Darwin (the Mac OS X boot loader) should start right up and take you right to the Mac OS X install Screen.
  • Now you can select your preferred language and click the arrow at the bottom of the window.

8)Now at the top of the screen you should see a white bar with menus (if you dont, just give it a min, can take a min to load), click the" Utilities" menu and the select "Disk Utility".

• A new window should popup and on the left hand side you should see your hard drive with two grayed out partitions.
  • Click on the 2nd one down (the Mac OS X partition), then right click and choose "erase".
  • A new window will popup now. Choose Mac OS X (Journaled), then click "Erase". This will create the Mac OS X partition we will be using.
  • You can now exit Disk Utility and click the right arrow to go the next step of the installation.

9)Now select the Mac OS X partition we created & click the right arrow.

• Now you will need to select the packages you need to install for your system and any additional features you would like (these will very from system to system).
  • Now the Mac OS X installer should scan your installation DVD (which can be skipped, by clicking skip) and then will begin installing.

10) OSX should boot up after installation.

• Run through the setup scheme
  • If you have your Time Machine Backup you'll be able to backup all your programs documents etc

11) OSX starts!

• Use Kext Helper in the applications folder to install SticMac's kext's to get things running good

12) NOW FINALLY!

Setup dual booting using this method:

Dual Boot Windows XP and Leopard

Here are the quick steps if the link above doesn't work:

• 1. Unzip the chain0.zip file to your C:\

(or wherever you have windows installed)

• 2. Open the Control Panel and click System (or right click "My Computer" from the desktop and go to Properties)

• 3. Once there, click on the "Advanced" tab.

• 4. Click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".

• 5a. Now click "Edit" and add this line at the bottom:

C:\chain0="OS X Leopard"

*note: you can name it whatever you want, doesn't have to be OS X Leopard.

• 5b. You should end up with something very similar to this:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

C:\chain0="OS X Leopard"

• 6. Save & Exit. You're done!

No HFS+ error for me..I think that's just a Vista thing..

The above "Chain0" method works exactly the same as a two HD scheme on my machine. Works easily and fluid.

Windows boot loader gives me the choice:

• If I choose my "Acer" partition in moves into the windows bootloader
  • If I choose my"OSX" partition I boot Leopard

That's how I did it..there are other possibly easier ways, I know, but I've setup about six Hackintosh's this way without many problems..

Goodluck

chain0.zip

Just a question.....

and maybe then I can make your dreams come true!!

When you select OSX in the WindBlows menu it takes you to the Darwin menu? where your default again is XP?? am I right!? so you have to arrow down and enter to get it going!?

StiCMAN

ps you link doesn't work! ;)

this from an existing post:

"When you have finally booted into XP, copy CHAIN0 from your Mac OS X partition or Installation Disc into the root of C:\

Edit your boot.ini to include this line of text at the bottom:

It is IMPORTANT that the filename and the menu option MATCH "chain0=chain0" not Chain0 or CHAIN0,

c:\chain0="Apple Mac OS X x86"

When you next restart, you should be able to select Apple Mac OS X x86.

It will then either boot straight into your Mac install or show you the Darwin prompt if you have a timer set."

i install update 1 and 2 for 10.5.3 and 10.5.4, but whey i try to install 10.5.5 the A1 in frezze on 47% and y reboot the A1 and dont boot

show the error

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A9413): kernel trap at 0x1bbb49f8, type 14=page fault, registers

and show me a message: You need to restar your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the restart button.

and this every time

please help me

i install update 1 and 2 for 10.5.3 and 10.5.4, but whey i try to install 10.5.5 the A1 in frezze on 47% and y reboot the A1 and dont boot

show the error

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A9413): kernel trap at 0x1bbb49f8, type 14=page fault, registers

and show me a message: You need to restar your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the restart button.

and this every time

please help me

Hi Mike, a question, were you using a modified kernel before your updates? When you updated to 10.5.3 which update package did you use?

I get the same error when I try to shutdown on battery power. When it's plugged in, shutdown works fine. It probably has to do with the power kext..I'll play around with it..

Any Informations about the Performance of the new Voodoo 9.5 Kernel? I think this will fix the Sleep-Issue ad many other problems...

EDIT: Saw the Post on the second site...

And I'm thinking of doing a Special Disk for the Aspire One based on InstaHackintosh...let's see if I find time.. ;)

(So start searching for your Retail Disk :P )

@SticMAC™: Can you please reupload your package? It's down... :huh: It looks like with this package the Special Build would be done very fast....Please ;)

EDIT: Found out the Trick, will start to "patch" the Folder soon...

EDIT 2: Nearly finished, only the Kernel needs to be placed. Don't know how to do this, but I asked how this works, and if I've done everything right until now ;)

Remember: I'm a Noob in this, so I can't say that this will work. I've done this actually for me, but I will share it for others. Don't expect much!!!

show the error

and this every time

please help me

OK, after doing the 10.5.4 update, the instructions at step 40 could be a bit more explicit. After pressing F8 during boot, you need to type "update -v". Typing just "-v" is the error. You my need to start over from scratch as the partially installed 10.5.5 update probably trashed the install you had.

Hope it helps people:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y

SticMAC

Hi, I am new to this, can you elaborate more on how you get it to work? First, how do you make it bootable with Chameleon??