GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

hey, I've got BluRay mkv rips working in full screen with vlc, even w/o qe/ci. everything works flawlessly. i've uploaded a video on youtube while doing some tests on this piece of s.hit of a card, go check it out:

1st video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyjumczDD8A

2nd video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03SvBhb5IRw

A good cpu helps even divx plays on non accelerated Hacks.. 

But here u are using Virtual Machine that probably has even better video support than snow's Vesa driver.. excellent idea pal :(  

i've used windows because it's optimized even for older pcs. e.g. flash player works for me in full screen mode 720p and even 1080p(even though 1080p has some small stutterings and glitches).flash is a known issue of osx, it has problems even on my powerbook g4, with qe. somebody said before that vlc won't play any videos without h/w acceleration. well, it's doing that particular job pretty fine windows, it will even play bluray hd videos.

i've used a highly optimised version version of windows 2000. why 2k? because of it's smaller memory footprint and less background processes to deal with.

if you don't like switching between workspaces you can use parallels or vmware. they have that so-called seamless integration feature. but they aren't free. so i've decided myself for virtualbox which does the same job and is also opensource.

xubuntu or slax could also do the job, not sure about the virtualbox 2d acceleration though(which is btw enabled in win).

it's far from perfect, but for me, as a movieeholic it certainly does the job :(

i've used windows because it's optimized even for older pcs. e.g. flash player works for me in full screen mode 720p and even 1080p(even though 1080p has some small stutterings and glitches).flash is a known issue of osx, it has problems even on my powerbook g4, with qe. somebody said before that vlc won't play any videos without h/w acceleration. well, it's doing that particular job pretty fine windows, it will even play bluray hd videos.

i've used a highly optimised version version of windows 2000. why 2k? because of it's smaller memory footprint and less background processes to deal with.

if you don't like switching between workspaces you can use parallels or vmware. they have that so-called seamless integration feature. but they aren't free. so i've decided myself for virtualbox which does the same job and is also opensource.

xubuntu or slax could also do the job, not sure about the virtualbox 2d acceleration though(which is btw enabled in win).

it's far from perfect, but for me, as a movieeholic it certainly does the job :(

I will try virtualbox technique + ubuntu for the flash/divx/games ... just have to wait for my procesor upgrade cause my laptop has only one core celeron. Few days  :)

Hey guys,

found a version to download and the descripton tells that gma x4500 drivers are avaible (http://board.yourwire.net/showthread.php?t=175149&highlight=hackintosh) under the spoiler "DVD Inhalt".

Do you think its fake or?

I gonna test that version and if it works (what i dont think), I will upload the driver, maybe we have luck :P

Greetz

Maybe a kext for native resolution, the one that we all have ;)

ah yes this thread, I have stopped following it because any hope of getting someone other than Apple to create a driver for this is bleak at best. All we can hope is that the architecture of the GMA HD driver is similar enough to use it. In any case, the next laptop I get, I will for sure try to make it as compatible with OS X as possible.

I won't be getting a Mac, it's overpriced and I'd rather shell out money and have a good graphics card.

ah yes this thread, I have stopped following it because any hope of getting someone other than Apple to create a driver for this is bleak at best. All we can hope is that the architecture of the GMA HD driver is similar enough to use it. In any case, the next laptop I get, I will for sure try to make it as compatible with OS X as possible.

I won't be getting a Mac, it's overpriced and I'd rather shell out money and have a good graphics card.

yes but if you have a laptop it is not that easy to swap the video card.. :D :D

bye :rolleyes:

hey guys i just want you to know there is a patch

I have a HP DV6-1235dx

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...9744&st=900

In the middel of the page i posted the patch and tell you how to do it

It just dosent suppor quartz extreme thats all

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Displays:

LP154WX4-TLCB:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

We all need Hardware Accelerated Core Image and Supported Quartz Extreme!!! There is nothing impossible at this world. So we need Coders, Developers, all kind of competent support to make this stupid card works. Petitions to apple, to intel, to anyone who can do something!!! Isn`t there someone who can make a petition web page or something... Nearby 1000 post and more than an year and the only result is just native resolution. People rob banks, selling weapons, modeling genetic codes on their computers, but no one can make one stupid kernel extension... If this is true, I`m giving up, and my opinion is that Apple SUCKS with their monopolist politic !!!

bboyg Posted Today, 07:34 AM We all need Hardware Accelerated Core Image and Supported Quartz Extreme!!! There is nothing impossible at this world. So we need Coders, Developers, all kind of competent support to make this stupid card works. Petitions to apple, to intel, to anyone who can do something!!! Isn`t there someone who can make a petition web page or something... Nearby 1000 post and more than an year and the only result is just native resolution. People rob banks, selling weapons, modeling genetic codes on their computers, but no one can make one stupid kernel extension... If this is true, I`m giving up, and my opinion is that Apple SUCKS with their monopolist politic !!!
I know lol I would love to make it work. Like you said we need coders, developers, i would be willing to help maybe if i look at the coding of the patch they have right now. and look at the other intel kents, also looking at the linux based one. Or if they have one a unix becouse both linux and mac are unix based and maybe the person who coded the patch might be able to help. i will try my best to work on geting it working after finals week during spingbrake or something like that. scence i have mac os x class next. :P:(

some one is trying to get people togeather to make the x4500 work with QE

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192204

We all need Hardware Accelerated Core Image and Supported Quartz Extreme!!! There is nothing impossible at this world. So we need Coders, Developers, all kind of competent support to make this stupid card works. Petitions to apple, to intel, to anyone who can do something!!! Isn`t there someone who can make a petition web page or something... Nearby 1000 post and more than an year and the only result is just native resolution. People rob banks, selling weapons, modeling genetic codes on their computers, but no one can make one stupid kernel extension... If this is true, I`m giving up, and my opinion is that Apple SUCKS with their monopolist politic !!!

People rob banks....because of money. People sell weapons...for the money.

People invest months of work to develop a driver......if they're paid for it. From my point of view (as a software developer) it would cost several thousand dollars to get someone to hack a driver for the 4500.

Putting up a web page is a job everyone here could do....there are so many options for free websites these days.

The much harder part is to get nearly 1000 people to donate 5 (or better more) dollars each. With 5000 dollars to spend it'd be more realistic to find a competent developer. But from my experience with such projects, the people are very excited at first but when it comes to actually donating the money 9 out of 10 supporters simply disappear.

But as written before - no one will invest weeks and months of work (driver development is a damn tough job) just for fun or because of us crying on forums.

I have sucessfully installed the patch for X4500MHD. This is working fine ofcourse. I also have installed iWork 08 with a 'special' X4500 patch. Does someone know if it is possible to run iWork 09 on a Intel GMA 4500MHD card? Maybe with also a special patch?

Thanks!

I have sucessfully installed the patch for X4500MHD. This is working fine ofcourse. I also have installed iWork 08 with a 'special' X4500 patch. Does someone know if it is possible to run iWork 09 on a Intel GMA 4500MHD card? Maybe with also a special patch?

Thanks!

I made the patch that u are using in iWork 08, like I sad, iWork 09 NEEDS QE, while iWork 08 I could disable the QE, in iWork 09 I can't so u need QE to use the 09 version of iWork :thumbsup_anim:

Why u don't buy a copy of Office 2008 Mac? Works Grea even withou QE support!!!!!

I could send to you a link for the Office in Megaupload if u want

I have just noticed, trying to enable the VGA out, that I have no kext loaded in snow 10.6.2 for video card.. it just says the 64MB shared memory and manufacturer and model IDs..

But i get the right resolution through Efi string.. I'm booting in 64bit I guess beacuse I see the processes and they are almost all 64bit marked..

How could I get two monitor support in this situation?? Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance :)

I have just noticed, trying to enable the VGA out, that I have no kext loaded in snow 10.6.2 for video card.. it just says the 64MB shared memory and manufacturer and model IDs..

But i get the right resolution through Efi string.. I'm booting in 64bit I guess beacuse I see the processes and they are almost all 64bit marked..

Thanks in advance ;)

nobody has ideas??

Thanks in advance ;)

To use two monitors you have to load a kext (the patched 3100 one, which's available in several versions on this forum) for your GPU. It won't work without it as far as I know. And you probably should boot in 32bit mode then, cause those drivers primarily work with 32bit mode.

To use two monitors you have to load a kext (the patched 3100 one, which's available in several versions on this forum) for your GPU. It won't work without it as far as I know. And you probably should boot in 32bit mode then, cause those drivers primarily work with 32bit mode.

i can confirm this 32 bit mode with a3100 kext load works,a word of caution tho don't turn on mirror display,it scrambles both displayspost-508916-1267888992_thumb.jpg

i can confirm this 32 bit mode with a3100 kext load works,a word of caution tho don't turn on mirror display,it scrambles both displayspost-508916-1267888992_thumb.jpg

excellent guys, thanks a lot..  :D

Can u Please post a link to the kext that is working for you??

For 32bit I have to boot with Efi string arch=i386 , right??