GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Well right now i just installed using chamilean v1 as you suggested.. im hoping it will fix my issues with the bootup. i doubt it will fix the issues with the freezing though. but its possible!!!

Link

Edit: Ok this is annoying... IT wont even boot with the v1 of chamealen. Same result as the other bootthink one.. Im reinstalling with chamelian v2 again...

Link

just a post to see if anyone could be ever so kind as to help me before i end up making the longest laptop throw in the world :D

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF, its running 10.6.2 by leohazard the one thing i cant get working is native resolution, i have tried most of the kexts i can find available, different boot files, resx, displayconfx all sorts, still cant get 1366x768 working, the card is a GMA 4500M dont know if that makes a difference.

Any ideas how to fix this, would make my day big time, got no problems making a paypal donation if we get it working ;)

Priezti

My card is the same 4500M(2A42), and works both at leopard and at snow leopard. just installing the modified X3100FB kext with kexthelper and voila... I think that the biggest mistake people make is that they run snow leopard at 64bit mode and in this mode is impossible this kext to work, so install it, restart and boot with cpus=1

My card is the same 4500M(2A42), and works both at leopard and at snow leopard. just installing the modified X3100FB kext with kexthelper and voila... I think that the biggest mistake people make is that they run snow leopard at 64bit mode and in this mode is impossible this kext to work, so install it, restart and boot with cpus=1

still nothing, what kext did you use?

Fake alarm about the Toshiba kextpack. The guy sent it to me and the kext for the GMA4500 is QuartzGL not Quartz Extreme, so we are in the begining again :P

it's a good thing that I didn't get so worked up about it. I was believing it was a fake because he didn't post any screenshots boasting about how he got QE working because anybody would.

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Its true though... its quite annoying that this topic is going for ages and still no QE. i mean native res is usable but meh. I think that we will never get QE unless apple or intel mac it. as somone pointed out that QE is closed source so we have nothing to go by apart from other kexts that use it. i wish i was more skilled with this i would like to take on the challenge...

Link

p.s. anyone using the patched kext 3100 on snow leopard? any ideas what works and what doesnt? i heard preview dosent work but is there a solution to view images? what about quick look? oh and maybe i need microsoft office too XD any ideas if it works? cheers

@ You-Are-Pwned

I edited my x3100 with your dev id so you can just load up the kext and see what happens

(btw i edited the IOPCIMatch and put your dev id there not the IOPCIPrimaryMatch)

@ Link i'm using the v1 chameleon that comes with ipc 10.5.6 I haven't used cham v2 because of the issues that it currently has so that might be apart of your problem. Dunno if you could just revert back to the original chameleon and try it again

49ff603ea8cb.png

btw, I'm using the Chameleon (or it's Darwin?! :thumbsup_anim:), that's on the iDeneb DVD. I'm booting with these params:

"rd=disk0s2 -v -f cpus=1"

charles i thought we all here have established a firm no on the department of QE with this gma

and priezti i found it weird that you're the only person who isn't able to load the kext

try to follow this debugging method if you have the time to

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=124087

but let me just ask what version of os x are you currently running

try using disk util before all of this to check the permission on the drive