GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Do we have QE yet

I can watch videos without QE

nope, not yet.

yes you CAN watch videos without QE, try installing perian, divx player (the player on my computer doesn't work, but the codec does works with quicktime.

VLC is not working on my computer, I assume is the lack of QE

flash videos over the internet do work but when going fullscreen it kind of slows down. again, lack of QE but i can watch them.

high definition videos also slow down on fullscreen mode.

probably if you have more RAM than i do, you could run flash or high def videos without them slowing down without QE (I have 2gb)

On a side note, photoshop runs fine without QE.

Olá Ruben, sim eu vou escrever os detalhes de como eu fiz para funcionar...te mando por e-mail...

Inclusive funcionou tudo de videos por aqui, sem QE...só não funciona o VLC e o DVD, mas funciona o Quick Time, o Yutube, etc...

Assim que preparar te mando...em relação ao mouse, infelizmente não sei te explicar, mas vi alguma coisa lá atrás nos demais posts...abraços!!!

Macnut...i hope you get it!!! Tks again!!!

post-411738-1248468455_thumb.png

N ha outra maneira de arranjar o "mouse"

para aparcer tenho k o aumentar

I'm sorry to bug you with this, but could you please speak english? This is an english forum, and not everybody understands spanish. I know it might be difficult for you to write english, but you did a tremendous job in your previous posts, so keep doing the effort please :)

Well. Just got done updating, Same issue before...

Without Booting a Second Display first, I can't boot. I goes Blue, then the LCD goes black. It does login though, I can even adjust the Sound.

If I use the Second Display first ( LCD TV ) it will auto-switch to my Laptop Display at the blue screen.

Still have the funny Mouse corruption though.

I've tried editing Natit with my own EDID, and Somebody look over it to make sure I did it correctly?

Natit.kext.zip

Well. Just got done updating, Same issue before...

Without Booting a Second Display first, I can't boot. I goes Blue, then the LCD goes black. It does login though, I can even adjust the Sound.

If I use the Second Display first ( LCD TV ) it will auto-switch to my Laptop Display at the blue screen.

Still have the funny Mouse corruption though.

I've tried editing Natit with my own EDID, and Somebody look over it to make sure I did it correctly?

I think it's right :)

I think it's right :(

Okay, thanks.

Not really sure unless is a Memory string problem. Displayconfigx report my card having 256 Video memory, as finder says 144. and onboard Phisical Memory is 32mb.... In windows my Memory on video is 8mb to 244.

Anyone else think this my be due to the Memory not being config correct in the 4500's?

But, my issues with the FB loaded is it can't Detect my LCD, and even with EDID value I think the Root is deeper.

idk, kinda lost now. might mess with some x3100 efi string or my DSDT.aml

MACNUT...the DisplayCX show the same 256mb memory...

Try not change the original (standart) fresh hz...

Im sure that...if you try not use other display monitor's, maybe you can use only laptop display...

My intel card is onboard, gma 4500...

Please, folow my steps on minimal details...and will be works...

Hope works man, sincerely...

MACNUT...the DisplayCX show the same 256mb memory...

Try not change the original (standart) fresh hz...

Im sure that...if you try not use other display monitor's, maybe you can use only laptop display...

My intel card is onboard, gma 4500...

Please, folow my steps on minimal details...and will be works...

Hope works man, sincerely...

I don't think it's that easy.. He already tried many tricks but none worked.. Think this is another problem we didn't expect.. Hardware can be very painful to het to work...

i Know, Tienneke, but im install DisplayConfigX, and just change resolutions, other thinks, like fresh hz etc...im not touch, because the program choice for you automatic...im just install and add resolutions that i said, and to me is work fine...

Im think that errors for many users, is exactly when reboot, the same way, the system be "confuse", and not apers...just blue and black screens...

Happens to me until install DisplayCOnfigX, so im resolve this black with blue screen ...etc...just and with DisplayConfigX...and patch -vrf 2A42

I have FULL FB & Res control with all Native Res. I was just trying this trick for my LCD Display not being Correctly Detected with out a second monitor, I chose to try this see if it help Seen my LCD,,, But didn't work, I really don't need this program, it's a hardware issue on how OSX Detects the Display With the FB, It's nothing to do with my Res. at all, as I have all my Native Resolutions without this Program.

Sorry If I wasn't Clear on that to begin with. Just trying to Get my Hardware for Display to be correct.

The reason I think it works, is B/C my LCD TV is close to the Same settings as my LCD.

Thanks for the Suggestions though.

-OMN

I think it's right :unsure:

Well, Still no luck, if you get free time, can you Check it over with my IOREG?

I thought I had it correct, but as Cold suggest in the G. Forum, ioreg don't even show my natit EDID. So apparently I screwed it up..

I also Upped my .dsl file from my DSDT file. maybe that needs fixed as well, though I never really messed with the Graphics card much

OMN_IOREG.rtf

dsdt.dsl.zip

Im understand my friend, im try help...dont worry...i happy for you, and now im understand what you need...other monitor...ok..

Well, im just try help, and finaly im understand my hardware in this case, and only use another program, like this, and a brilliant patch..tks so much...that i can fix my res...

See you...

nope, not yet.

yes you CAN watch videos without QE, try installing perian, divx player (the player on my computer doesn't work, but the codec does works with quicktime.

VLC is not working on my computer, I assume is the lack of QE

flash videos over the internet do work but when going fullscreen it kind of slows down. again, lack of QE but i can watch them.

high definition videos also slow down on fullscreen mode.

probably if you have more RAM than i do, you could run flash or high def videos without them slowing down without QE (I have 2gb)

On a side note, photoshop runs fine without QE.

I have 3GB of RAM

I Finally Got it, I had my Natit fields incorrect for my Display. I had it set @0 & @1.... My correct setting are @2 & @1 now I'm booting into my LCD on Laptop with no problems other than the mouse corruption...

What a pain. But I've added the working Natit so anyone having problems can view the difference between the last one I posted and the working one for me.

Natit.kext.zip

I Finally Got it, I had my Natit fields incorrect for my Display. I had it set @0 & @1.... My correct setting are @2 & @1 now I'm booting into my LCD on Laptop with no problems other than the mouse corruption...

What a pain. But I've added the working Natit so anyone having problems can view the difference between the last one I posted and the working one for me.

I've been messing with natit too to see if I can remove the vertical lines I get, no luck so far, but I did manage to corrupt my mouse cursor, normally it displays fine.

I've given up for now as I don't know enough about whats actually happening.

I don't know if you have seen it, but I found a thread from 2007 where laptop users suffered the same problem of a non working internal display, it does not include a fix, but the natit listing is interesting. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48894

<key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>
<integer>1</integer>

Maybe that forces the use of display 0

Do you have any experience disassembling kexts? If so, then by all means have a go. If not, I'm not sure that you'll find too much in there looking at strings and plists, and debugging output.

I've come to the conclusion that two-machine debugging of the kext as it loads is necessary. Do you have any experience with that? Unfortunately I am stuck waiting on a wireless card to ship to me. More news, hopefully by the end of the week.

-u

willing to help look through the x3100 kext to help develop one for the x4500. Is anyone close to getting qe or ci on the x4500 yet by the way? I would love to see this happen as I'm sure everyone here would.

Hi Everybody, First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their efforts in this thread especially Tienneke, coldequation,Trauma & Chameleon 2.

This is my simple solution for Lenovo & GMA X4500 users until we have final driver without mouse bugs & supporting CI/QE, so you can set screen resolution to 1280x800@60Hz & working mouse without mouse pointer disappear.

Please Note, there is NO Kext loaded & no CI/QE, this steps success in my laptop (lenovo 3000 N500 4233-65G).

1--- Make a clean installing for iATKOS_v7 10.5.7 & select one of boot loader (Chameleon v1 or BootThink v1).

*** Don't select Chameleon v2, in my case, I had failed to update it later, or test Chameleon v2 at your risk.

2--- Update to Chameleon 2.0RC2 Build r640 & Repair Disk Permissions and reboot twice to ensure that your installation success.

3--- looking for screen resolution available to your machine from (Video Info) in Chameleon boot screen.

Make Test, just boot in (Verbose) mode and type your screen resolution or type this.

-v "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@60Hz"

Now, you have 1280x800 fixed resolution without mouse disappear

4--- Run (OSX86Tools), select (Add EFI String/Boot Flag) & Add this code to (Flag) Field

"Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@60Hz"

Press Apply, Reboot & Success.

Best Regards.

Mohamed Taa'eb

Hi Everybody, First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their efforts in this thread especially Tienneke, coldequation,Trauma & Chameleon 2.

This is my simple solution for Lenovo & GMA X4500 users until we have final driver without mouse bugs & supporting CI/QE, so you can set screen resolution to 1280x800@60Hz & working mouse without mouse pointer disappear.

Please Note, there is NO Kext loaded & no CI/QE, this steps success in my laptop (lenovo 3000 N500 4233-65G).

1--- Make a clean installing for iATKOS_v7 10.5.7 & select one of boot loader (Chameleon v1 or BootThink v1).

*** Don't select Chameleon v2, in my case, I had failed to update it later, or test Chameleon v2 at your risk.

2--- Update to Chameleon 2.0RC2 Build r640 & Repair Disk Permissions and reboot twice to ensure that your installation success.

3--- looking for screen resolution available to your machine from (Video Info) in Chameleon boot screen.

Make Test, just boot in (Verbose) mode and type your screen resolution or type this.

-v "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@60Hz"

Now, you have 1280x800 fixed resolution without mouse disappear

4--- Run (OSX86Tools), select (Add EFI String/Boot Flag) & Add this code to (Flag) Field

"Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@60Hz"

Press Apply, Reboot & Success.

Best Regards.

Mohamed Taa'eb

Hi Mohamed,

I believe this is the inclusion of the FB fix promised by the Chameleon Team in this thread for the sony folks with the grub patched boot file?

ryuu123 post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...168426&st=0