• Please log in to reply
1614 replies to this topic

Sprega

Sprega

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

did anyone got a problem with the mouse pointer? after patching with mod kext, my pointer is gone,, but sometimes become distorted about 5 cm box. sorry with my english.. but thanks for everyone that make this easier..

regard

After patching, I got the same problem. Any idea ?
Thanks anyway...

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
make the cursor bigger by going in the universal access panel. once you make it bigger it should appear.

edit: since i can get the AppleIntelGMAX3100 and AppleIntelGMAX3100fb loaded, and i see that i get a family mismatch, how would i be able to edit the plist on AppleIntelGMAX3100 to change all instances of dev id from x3100 to x4500? is it a simple find and replace via a text editor or will i have to hex edit it? im trying to get my hands dirty haha.

Sprega

Sprega

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

make the cursor bigger by going in the universal access panel. once you make it bigger it should appear.

edit: since i can get the AppleIntelGMAX3100 and AppleIntelGMAX3100fb loaded, and i see that i get a family mismatch, how would i be able to edit the plist on AppleIntelGMAX3100 to change all instances of dev id from x3100 to x4500? is it a simple find and replace via a text editor or will i have to hex edit it? im trying to get my hands dirty haha.

The look is not the best but it works! I hope that anyone can fix this problem. Good luck guys (and girls...)

coldequation

coldequation

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Fantastique. :P

Hey i'm still around ;)

But I think you miss my point (I hope I am not mistaking yours!). Let me explain:

1. We use DSDT to override the native (X4500 with 2A42 device id). We trick Leopard/IORegistry/System Profiler into thinking its an X3100 with device id of 2A02.

2. We DO NOT edit the X3100 kexts. So they still have a device id of 2A02.

3. The device ids match. The heavens open up. :D

4. ???

5. Profit! ***

*** With apologies to South Park and Slashdot.... :)

So I don't think we are trying to "override values setup by a kext binary inside registry"

Or did I misunderstand what you are saying???

Hey i'm still around ;)

I did try this method on my GMA 950 few weeks ago. What i can tell is:
The device ID override trick works and changes are reflected both into IOREG and System Profiler.
But, at least with GMA950 driver, it seems that the driver is not referring to the IOREG to get the hardware ID.

If you use patched drivers with your custom ID's and this override your GFX will look like the genuine Apple one.
But if you use the vanilla driver with this device ID trick it will simply not works.

What i can tell because i have experienced it in many situation is (GFX/HDEF) :

- It's possible to override registry values with DSDT
- It's possible to inject missing registry values with DSDT
- But it's impossible to override values setup by a kext binary inside registry

In other words i guess you can consider this DSDT trick a bit like a Legacy plist kext trick.

What we can test is injecting device ID's with Natit....

Don't give up ppl :D

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Coldequation,

i guess we've misunderstood, basically what i want to says is :

At least with GMA 950 drivers, the driver look for the hardware device ID directly inside the PCI bus and not in the registry.

I did exactly the steps you've describe above, but it didn't work with GMA 950 ! But anyway let's try with my favourite cobail : Tienneke :P

Cya.

w4r10ck

w4r10ck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

But what if, instead, we just try to fool the AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts into thinking that you have an X3100 installed? Has that been tried?

But then, won't we lose out on the extras (if any) that the 4500 has to offer over the 3100?

Pardon me if I'm wrong... I'm not that much into hardware. :P

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Coldequation,

At least with GMA 950 drivers, the driver look for the hardware device ID directly inside the PCI bus and not in the registry.

I did exactly the steps you've describe above, but it didn't work with GMA 950 ! But anyway let's try with my favourite cobail : Tienneke :P

Cya.

Doing my first own DSDT patch right now :P

I think we'll still have to change device ID's in the kext, in cause it seems it's not loading.. Anyways, I'll try again in an hour.. But from what I see now it's not working..

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Tienneke,

if your DSDT is well formed, with the Apple original X3100 dev id the vanilla kext should load fine.
But you should stay stuck on the blue screen of death.

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Tienneke,

if your DSDT is well formed, with the Apple original X3100 dev id the vanilla kext should load fine.
But you should stay stuck on the blue screen of death.

Okay. What I did is I decompiled the DSDT you made me, added what coldequation posted, and recompiled. That's the right way, right?

And I guess that if I were to use a self made DSDT, I should change GFX0 to OVGA again?

coldequation

coldequation

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Oh, I got you-- it reads directly from the hardware. I must have been too sleepy last night and din't see your graphical picture post.

But it seems strange that for USB, it doesn't go to the hardware, but goes to the ACPI calls (which then get the info in the DSDT).

Oh, well. Sorry to make more work for Tienneke!

Coldequation,

I did exactly the steps you've describe above, but it didn't work with GMA 950 ! But anyway let's try with my favourite cobail : Tienneke :)

Cya.

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Oh, I got you-- it reads directly from the hardware. I must have been too sleepy last night and din't see your graphical picture post.

But it seems strange that for USB, it doesn't go to the hardware, but goes to the ACPI calls (which then get the info in the DSDT).

Oh, well. Sorry to make more work for Tienneke!

Haha, no problem, I learned from it as well :) Got to try what we got to try, right?

What seems my problem is that I still have no base memory address set, can I inject that stuff in the register or not?

coldequation

coldequation

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
chopped says that he has both kexts loaded.

Could you give more details on: your hardware, whether you get native resolution. what other graphics kexts you have in /S/L/E, what your ioreg looks like, what patch scripts you ran, etc.

Thanks.

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

What seems my problem is that I still have no base memory address set, can I inject that stuff in the register or not?

humm i didn't get you tienneke, what do you mean ?

About your DSDT, it's look like you've did it right maybe you can post your DSL, or PM a link so i can have a look at it ?

Latter guys...

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Guys,

I have extracted device properties for X3100 from the MacBook3,1 EFI registry. That's a much clean dump that the one i have provided before, in this plist you find ONLY device properties provided by th e real EFI.

I guess with a little clean up, you must remove hardware specific values like EDID etc, we can use this string to make a GFX string for GMA X4500.

Basicly you only need to replace PCI root by your and remove some string and test it. You can use an alternate com.apple.boot.plist to safely test the string by typing this in the chameleon prompt:

config=/path to your boot.plist/name of your boot.plist

Default path is /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration so you can use this folder to host your plist and just enter the file name.

I hope it will help, Enjoy.

Attached File  X3100.plist.zip   1.38KB   100 downloads

rodro

rodro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hello, I can clarify something, I look in lspci Display 2, the second seems to me wonder which is the HDMI, it may activate the first and second?
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2A42] (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2A43] (rev 07)

that difference will have? maybe you have to activate the second, I'd like to see happen but you tell me because the second is 2A43, which will see the HDMI?

Leo Puoci

Leo Puoci

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
rodro, i looked at my lspci and shows the same as yours.

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a40] (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a42] (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a43] (rev 07)

max.1974

max.1974

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Trauma!...sorry for my bad english...

My laptop is a SONY vaio vgn-ns150ae my intel card is 4500 gma.

I can try replace this only last kext and just reboot, or need repair permission before?

I hope you and others fantastics members finaly produce a driver (kext) for this card...

Tks for realy great job...

From Brazil...

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

chopped says that he has both kexts loaded.

Could you give more details on: your hardware, whether you get native resolution. what other graphics kexts you have in /S/L/E, what your ioreg looks like, what patch scripts you ran, etc.

Thanks.

I have a lenovo t500 its a intel gm45 chipset with hybrid graphics. the discrete card on my machine is currently disabled via my bios so i can use the x4500 to get native resoulution. i posted my ioreg a few posts ago, along with a screen capture of the loaded kexts., and i dont remember what scripts i ran. ill upload my kexts in a bit, im currently in windows and macdrive doesnt seem to want to work. ill also paste my system log so we can further analyze the mismatch errors im getting. i think fixing the mismatch errors will result in some further developments.

ioreg is at http://www.insanelym...p...p=1194857 a few posts down.

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
here are the kexts that loaded for me, and here is my startup log the startup log is interesting because i assume that i get a family specific matching fails for the video.
Archive.zip is the kexts.

Attached Files

Benjan

Benjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello, everyone.

I tried all method you guys mentioned, but ended up with black screen.

T400-A98

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core™2 Duo CPU T9400 @
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0707251237 (LENOVO)
Serial Number: CK034KMHK5B

The attachment below contains my lspci output, ioreg output and system.log, I hope somebody could take a look at it.

Attached File  t400.zip   351.59KB   39 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy