mindphazer

mindphazer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Thank you Martin!

Hi Martin!

Thanks, I will look at this and see if I can make heads or tails of it. While I am a programmer, I'm not that well-versed in graphics chips, so I may post questions here based on what I see.

Wow-- Tommy Haas missed the shot between his legs...

-u

No worries! Best to keep the girls happy :)

I probably wouldn't be as involved if I wasn't allergic to the nickel in my MacBook Pro's aluminum case (at least I think it's the nickel). I lose sensitivity in my fingertips, and it hurts. I suppose I should try Zagg's invisibleshield...

What graphics card do you have in the MacBook?

-u

It's a 1st generation Macbook, with a GMA950.. (device 0x27a2)

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Hi,

I've modded a script designed for patching GMA 950 to match our needs, and patch X3100 kexts. It's setup for patching plists and bins to match 2A42 device ID.

I've made a little zip with already made kext for X4500MHD :

2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext =====> 10.5.7
2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext =====> 10.5.7
Natit.kext

And the patch is inside too with a little ReadMe file. The natit.kext is a really well working and clean one for GMA950 and GMAX3100 Laptop.

So people with 0x2a42 device ID should give this a try, i also suggest you to setup your SMBIOS.plist to MacBook3,1 this may can help a bit. ;)

Thanks, and give feedback.

Attached File  GMA_4500.zip   332.62KB   547 downloads

ADN

ADN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,

I've modded a script designed for patching GMA 950 to match our needs, and patch X3100 kexts. It's setup for patching plists and bins to match 2A42 device ID.

I've made a little zip with already made kext for X4500MHD :

2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
Natit.kext

And the patch is inside too with a little ReadMe file. The natit.kext is a really well working and clean one for GMA950 and GMAX3100 Laptop.

So people with 0x2a42 device ID should give this a try, i also suggest you to setup your SMBIOS.plist to MacBook3,1 this may can help a bit. :rolleyes:

Thanks, and give feedback.

Attached File  GMA_4500.zip   332.62KB   547 downloads

Hic, I already tried your case, and now, I cannot login because when it appears the login screen, the monitor turn off before I can see the logon screen. Pls help me to recover, thanks.

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
ADN,

Try to boot with -x options then delete the drivers. If it's not working and if you have SSH activated use it.
Or boot in -s and remove the drivers. Or acces the hard drive from another OS.

Bye.

ADN

ADN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

ADN,

Try to boot with -x options then delete the drivers. If it's not working and if you have SSH activated use it.
Or boot in -s and remove the drivers. Or acces the hard drive from another OS.

Bye.

Hi,

I also login on safemode, its same. I only login to single mode. What driver do I remove? Thanks

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Mount your file system in read/write then :

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
sudo reboot

Use -f for first boot.

Should be enough.

If not :

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext
sudo reboot

Did you see natit outputs during the boot ?

WinSucks_4ever

WinSucks_4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
How do I do to get Quartz Extreme
please

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
I tried it, but doesn't seem to work. What I get in my log that disturbs me is:
Jul  3 17:44:34 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.
Jul  3 17:44:34 localhost kernel[0]: Chosen model Unknown
Jul  3 17:44:34 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Required dictionaries not found

Did you maybe forget something? Or do I have to add something to the plist?

coldequation

coldequation

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Analysis of BSD source completed.

I will post the details soon. My quick tease: there are signs of hope, but maybe we need a few other things to be done. We will likely have to get help from paulicat, or some of the XLabs guys who are working on alternate display drivers, perhaps Slice or netkas.

I need a break, back later.

-u

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

please

We can't answer you that yet, We don't have QE/CI working yet. This is more of an experimental thread. If you need information, read the thread from the beginning, or go to the genius bar. If we get an update about the workings of the project, and if that update is more or less reproducable for everybody, we'll update that thread. We can't do wonders at the moment :blink:

(Bottomline: Be patient :) )

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

I tried it, but doesn't seem to work. What I get in my log that disturbs me is:

Jul  3 17:44:34 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.
Jul  3 17:44:34 localhost kernel[0]: Chosen model Unknown
Jul  3 17:44:34 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Required dictionaries not found

Did you maybe forget something? Or do I have to add something to the plist?

Give this new Natit a try :blink:

Attached File  Natit.kext.zip   22.26KB   175 downloads

Analysis of BSD source completed.

I will post the details soon. My quick tease: there are signs of hope, but maybe we need a few other things to be done. We will likely have to get help from paulicat, or some of the XLabs guys who are working on alternate display drivers, perhaps Slice or netkas.

I need a break, back later.

-u

Great ! Do you think we should give up X3100 kext hacking track ? Or maybe we need an injector kext to recover informations from VGA BIOS ?

Cya.

sqn816

sqn816

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone getting mouse tearing/artifacts?

WinSucks_4ever

WinSucks_4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

We can't answer you that yet, We don't have QE/CI working yet. This is more of an experimental thread. If you need information, read the thread from the beginning, or go to the genius bar. If we get an update about the workings of the project, and if that update is more or less reproducable for everybody, we'll update that thread. We can't do wonders at the moment :blink:

(Bottomline: Be patient :) )

ok thanks for the quick reply!

enzobelmont

enzobelmont

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Trauma: your kexts works the same as Tienneke's ones...

thanks for the effort, and keep the good work!

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Give this new Natit a try :)

Attached File  Natit.kext.zip   22.26KB   175 downloads
Great ! Do you think we should give up X3100 kext hacking track ? Or maybe we need an injector kext to recover informations from VGA BIOS ?

Cya.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work. The injector seems to work properly, in my logs I get this:

Jul  3 20:44:07 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.
Jul  3 20:44:07 localhost kernel[0]: Chosen model Unknown
Jul  3 20:44:07 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,HasPanel=<data not shown>
Jul  3 20:44:07 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,NumDisplays=<data not shown>
Jul  3 20:44:08 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,NumFramebuffers=<data not shown>
Jul  3 20:44:08 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL,SelfRefreshSupported=<data not shown>
Jul  3 20:44:09 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL01,DataJustify=<data not shown>
Jul  3 20:44:09 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL01,Depth=<data not shown>
Jul  3 20:44:09 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting AAPL01,Pipe=<data not shown>
Jul  3 20:44:09 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

But I still just get to a normal blue screen, with my cursor on it, but no desktop loading (both internal screen and external through the VGA connector (that's the only connector I have on my laptop, but the chipset should also allow HDMI and DVI if I understood well..)).
I'm now trying to get a ioreg, but I don't seem to be able to connect to my laptop at the moment.

It seems that the AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext loads, but can't give more info :s

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.zip   3.59KB   8 downloads

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Tienneke,

It seems natit won't fix anything.... We can give a last try with a new DSDT i've made.
I have added the maximum injections i know on X3100.....

Let us now if it's change something.

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
I'm afraid we'll get stuck at framebuffer only for the moment.. I'll give it a try again, but it seems there is something we don't know about yet.. And I know to little about programming to help writing (Well, I could try, but it'll take years, since I'm a complete noob...)

Report: Same result, except the pixels on my screen are like 4 times as big as the should be.. The resolution seems to be correct though (or at least the aspect ratio is correct..)

What exactly did you change in this DSDT?

enzobelmont

enzobelmont

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

please

please... can you see the effort of everybody here?

you are not helping us that way.

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

I'm afraid we'll get stuck at framebuffer only for the moment.. I'll give it a try again, but it seems there is something we don't know about yet.. And I know to little about programming to help writing (Well, I could try, but it'll take years, since I'm a complete noob...)

Report: Same result, except the pixels on my screen are like 4 times as big as the should be.. The resolution seems to be correct though (or at least the aspect ratio is correct..)

What exactly did you change in this DSDT?

I agree with you, and i hope coldequation can make something happen ! There so much laptop on the market with this chipset inside, it would great to make this stuff works with OS X. I'm not a dev too, as you've probably noticed yet, it's just a kind of hobby for me.

About DSDT decompile it an you will see the changes, i have added EFI info from X3100 ioreg dumps, to much i guess ;)
(like pixel format etc)

Cya.

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

I agree with you, and i hope coldequation can make something happen ! There so much laptop on the market with this chipset inside, it would great to make this stuff works with OS X. I'm not a dev too, as you've probably noticed yet, it's just a kind of hobby for me.

About DSDT decompile it an you will see the changes, i have added EFI info from X3100 ioreg dumps, to much i guess :)
(like pixel format etc)

Cya.

I did notice that ;) but hey, every help is welcome.. We did already do a huge advancement by having the framebuffer working properly, it's already kinda usable..

I'll try to be active as long as possible, but it seems we'll need some help from the big mac guru's, those who already have written drivers before..

Anybody able to get those on the line?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy