OMN'S DSDT BIOS FIX-Getting past the CPU=1

314 posts in this topic

Hiya macnut, long time without posting on insanelymac, I'm using OSX 10.5.6, but me and other users with similar specs, you can meet us on hackint0sh, anyway... we are having lots of issues with this latest version of OSX, I'm not sure if is the BIOS MOD, but I saw your updating your list for 10.5.6, I wanna know if theres a way to update use my latest BIOS from HP and get MOD from that one, cuz the one you MOD for me is kinda old now :/ Thx in advance let me know so I can post my latest version to get a MOD, this will help lots of users with similar specs.

Yeah, has been a long time :D

Sure, just post me a direct link to the bios, other than that, you know the drill :)

I'll get it done asap, just updating the list as requests come in.

-OMN

Hiya macnut, long time without posting on insanelymac, I'm using OSX 10.5.6, but me and other users with similar specs, you can meet us on hackint0sh, anyway... we are having lots of issues with this latest version of OSX, I'm not sure if is the BIOS MOD, but I saw your updating your list for 10.5.6, I wanna know if theres a way to update use my latest BIOS from HP and get MOD from that one, cuz the one you MOD for me is kinda old now :/ Thx in advance let me know so I can post my latest version to get a MOD, this will help lots of users with similar specs.

The 10.5.6 Fix is

-HPET fix

-RTC fix

-Aliases fix

-WAK and Local0 Fix

-_T_* Fix

The 10.5.5 Fix is

-Aliases fix

-_T_* Fix

Though, the _T_* fixes are not required

I see, hope this fix the issue with the firewire, thx for the info :(

OriginalMACNUT

My settings:

• http://www.jwele.com/UserFiles/download/JWT P35PRO BIOS V1.5.rar
  • Intel E2140, INTEL p35, icon ati3870 ddr3 512, pci-e silicon 3132 raid-card, ddr667 2g
  • so far all work except have to disable multi-core function @ Bios setting, only one core was found @ system profile and activity monitor

If I'm about to swap the e2140 to q6600 will it be any difference on the mod bios.....A big TKS in advance

Cheers/Blackfire920 ;)

OriginalMACNUT

My settings:

• http://www.jwele.com/UserFiles/download/JWT P35PRO BIOS V1.5.rar
  • Intel E2140, INTEL p35, icon ati3870 ddr3 512, pci-e silicon 3132 raid-card, ddr667 2g
  • so far all work except have to disable multi-core function @ Bios setting, only one core was found @ system profile and activity monitor

If I'm about to swap the e2140 to q6600 will it be any difference on the mod bios.....A big TKS in advance

Cheers/Blackfire920 B)

It's in a .bin format. If you can, back your rom up to a .rom image.

Thanks,

-OMN

It's in a .bin format. If you can, back your rom up to a .rom image.

Thanks,

-OMN

OMN,

I'll google how to back that to a .rom image.....again TKS so much.....by the way Last night I downgrade to previous version(1.3b), and it work both cores are found....and everythings work as expected. So for those who have the same mobo, try Bios 1.3b..... :angel:

Cheers/Blackfire920

OMN,

I'll google how to back that to a .rom image.....again TKS so much.....by the way Last night I downgrade to previous version(1.3b), and it work both cores are found....and everythings work as expected. So for those who have the same mobo, try Bios 1.3b..... :D

Cheers/Blackfire920

You might make a Tutorial for you MB, this would greatly help out others if they have the same MB, and what Bios to Use with it.

-OMN

YES!!! IT WORKS!!!

Asrock G31M-S + your mod BIOS + iDeneb v.1.3 10.5.5 = :thumbsup_anim:

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH!!!

troubles: Realtek ALC662 - not working

(Leo4Allv3 -10.5.2: output is working, input - not working, No Built-in Audio in System Profiler :D )

intel GMA 3100 - not working

Radeon X1650Pro - not working

YES!!! IT WORKS!!!

Asrock G31M-S + your mod BIOS + iDeneb v.1.3 10.5.5 = :thumbsup_anim:

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH!!!

troubles: Realtek ALC662 - not working

intel GMA 3100 - not working

Radeon X1650Pro - not working

Give me 5 minutes, and I'll see if I can get your 3100 working.

I'll edit this Post with your new bios.

* Quick edit*

I can't Till I know the Memory Size of the 3100 & the ATI 1600 pro.

Asrock G31M-S manual says about GMA 3100: Max. shared memory 384MB. BIOS settings: Internal Graphics Mode Select: Auto; 8 MB; 1MB

Radeon x1650Pro 256Mb DDR3

Hope information is useful :P

Hi Original.

I talked to verdant about modding BIOS for my mobo and he told to talk to you here in the forum.

What I want to ask you is if you can mod my latest BIOS version for OSX 10.5.5. I already have a modded BIOS that was done by Kabyl, but verdant is starting to think that this BIOS have some incompatibilty with my MOBO/BIOS/ 800 MHz RAM memory, because every time i use 3 Gb RAM to start OS X, in a few moments my system get stuck starting with a mouse freeze and then the whole system freezes and the debug option is not getting any message for that. Simply freezes and the debugger don´t show anything. I´ll post my system specs and the link to the most recent BIOS version for my mobo. When you can, I´d appreciate if you mod this BIOS for me. ; )

Thanx in advance for your attention.

System SPECS:

- Quad Core Q6600 - 2.4 GHz

- MSI P6N SLi Platinum ( Nforce 650i chipset)

- GeForce 8600 GT 512 Mb

- 4 Gb RAM (1Gb x 4) - Kingston 800 Mhz

Link for the main page of my MOBO - P6N SLi Platinum

Link for the BIOS right from MSI

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...6&type=bios

Hi Original.

I talked to verdant about modding BIOS for my mobo and he told to talk to you here in the forum.

What I want to ask you is if you can mod my latest BIOS version for OSX 10.5.5. I already have a modded BIOS that was done by Kabyl, but verdant is starting to think that this BIOS have some incompatibilty with my MOBO/BIOS/ 800 MHz RAM memory, because every time i use 3 Gb RAM to start OS X, in a few moments my system get stuck starting with a mouse freeze and then the whole system freezes and the debug option is not getting any message for that. Simply freezes and the debugger don´t show anything. I´ll post my system specs and the link to the most recent BIOS version for my mobo. When you can, I´d appreciate if you mod this BIOS for me. ; )

Thanx in advance for your attention.

System SPECS:

- Quad Core Q6600 - 2.4 GHz

- MSI P6N SLi Platinum ( Nforce 650i chipset)

- GeForce 8600 GT 512 Mb

- 4 Gb RAM (1Gb x 4) - Kingston 800 Mhz

Link for the main page of my MOBO - P6N SLi Platinum

Link for the BIOS right from MSI

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...6&type=bios

I have a Bios in the 10.5.5 Download, though it's only 7350v16, and the one your needing is 7350v17. I'm going to Fix it for 10.5.6, so check back there later for it.

Thanks,

-OMN

I have a Bios in the 10.5.5 Download, though it's only 7350v16, and the one your needing is 7350v17. I'm going to Fix it for 10.5.6, so check back there later for it.

Thanks,

-OMN

Hi Original.

Thanx for your reply.

I´m already using your mod BIOS for my mobo and it solved for the freezing problem.

I´d appreciate even more if you mod the most recent BIOS rom that I sent you by the link on my last post - for 10.5.5 Leo, because I didn´t updated to 10.5.6 because I´m waiting on Myscticus C* update package.

[]´s

breakingbad.

Hi Original.

Thanx for your reply.

I´m already using your mod BIOS for my mobo and it solved for the freezing problem.

I´d appreciate even more if you mod the most recent BIOS rom that I sent you by the link on my last post - for 10.5.5 Leo, because I didn´t updated to 10.5.6 because I´m waiting on Myscticus C* update package.

[]´s

breakingbad.

Cool, glad to it solved the freezing problem, I'll Be getting to your bios, Just haven't had time yet.

I'll post back when it's done.

-OMN

Cool, glad to it solved the freezing problem, I'll Be getting to your bios, Just haven't had time yet.

I'll post back when it's done.

-OMN

You don´t need to worry mate.

For me the most important thing is the fact that you can do it, no matter how long it takes.

If you tell me that you´ll only be able to deliver my mod BIOS about two months till now, I´ll be glad the same way. :thumbsup_anim:

[]´s