OMN'S DSDT BIOS FIX-Getting past the CPU=1

314 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, atm I'm fighting my xp. Everytime I try to save it, says I don't have access. I have it fixed, but having trouble saving.

I did the others with my Mac, but I can't use those tool on there. Still trying, will post Soon.

hi, did you have any new for me???? thanks;)

Sorry, Got busy after I left.

I need to back-up my xp and re-install. I'll have a working one for you by the end of the week, at work atm.

Some how my xp got limited to read only, so this is causing major problems atm, as There is program I need to back-up and restore to the new install.

I'll be working on it tonight, If I get it done sooner I PM you with the link, but I was able to fix it, just not add back in the .aml using Hex as it becomes read only when i make the new file to replace.

Sorry, Got busy after I left.

I need to back-up my xp and re-install. I'll have a working one for you by the end of the week, at work atm.

Some how my xp got limited to read only, so this is causing major problems atm, as There is program I need to back-up and restore to the new install.

I'll be working on it tonight, If I get it done sooner I PM you with the link, but I was able to fix it, just not add back in the .aml using Hex as it becomes read only when i make the new file to replace.

ok :) :censored2:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is your Bios, sorry about taking so long, Work, Repairing windows ( Running VB now for windows on mac ).

BootBlock is untouched, and Fixed for 10.5.6, Enjoy.

-OMN

D/L

http://rapidshare.com/files/191187055/G31MGS130.zip.html

ok :angel::)

For anyone else having Problems with Dual Bios,

Link your Bios, and I'll get it Fixed asap now that I have Windoze Running, and all my tools reloaded again.

Thanks,

-OMN

Hi Original MACNUT,

I also have a m9350f PC.

I saw my BIOS up there but I'm having problems loading it into my BIOS.

AMIFlash, AFlash, and UniFlash don't work and I dont know what to do anymore...

Can anyone help me?

Oh and btw I'm already talking to Jack ---> www.badflash.com

I'm just seeing how who ever has my PC or an HP pc loaded their BIOS. :)

EDIT: the m9350f is Post #118

Quick reminder:

AMD Phenom x4 9850 @ 2.5GHz (Stock)

6 GB DDR2 PC-6400 RAM

M2N78-LA NB: nForce MCP720a/8200 mGPU

nVidia GeForce 9800GT

details on Post # 118.

Thank You.

njthemonster:

Can you link your Bios? per Direct link?

I'll have a look at it, But I think you need to Flash with AFUdos flasher ( I think that's the name, will have to look it up ).

Also, The link is Dead. so I'm not sure how you Got the BIOS? As of now, I'm doing Fixes for 10.5.6, so I wouldn't use that Bios anyways.

Cheers :wacko:

-OMN

P.S.

Jac is awesome at Fixing bad flashes.

OK, OMN I'll post my BIOS shortly (f.y.i 10 minutes from now :thumbsup_anim::) ).

Ok, OMN, here my BIOS, LIke I said same system as m9350f.

I have version 5.27.

I have AMDPhenom w/ nVidia 720a MCP.

Oh and AfuDOS doesn't work.

OMN I have WinVista x64 if thats a problem.

I like Mac more than Vista (Win7 even) but Mac doesnt have too much support, especially for gaming so I use Windows.

I can here DESPERATELY because I have Hybrid SLI/HybridPower and EVERYTHING I need in the BIOS is locked or now showing.

Options I want are:

-CPU Clock and voltage control (CPU+RAM+HT Bus*)

-Primary Graphics Adapter choice (with mGPU on/off aperture size, etc*)

-Fan control (low/hi settings*)

Anything with * means if possible.

I'll be checking on this forum/post every hour.

HP5.27.zip.zip

How long till its finished? I'd like an estimate to know when to check back.

Oh and I need a flasher that will work with my board;

these flashers do NOT work:

-AMI Flash

-AfuDOS

-UniFlash

-AFlash

*Pretty much all the major brands. Someone said HPQFlash might work (HP's Flasher) but HPQFlash come in an .msi package and runs in windows; it comes embedded

and each flasher has been set to accept only the BIOS it is currently set program. I think it's a file in there that tells it, so when your done with my BIOS, can you please, if it isn't too much trouble, get me or suggest a flasher that might work? I think you can only flash from windows.

OMN, can you make me a custom BIOS? like with the Primary Graphics Adapter ability at least? HP told me that my BIOS was made so that as soon as you put in an add-on card (i.e. VGA 9800GT) it will boot to that instead of OnBoard, could you remove that and replace it with Primary VGA option?

Not to be Rude. But can you help me understand why you are needing this option if it has auto switching?

OMN, can you make me a custom BIOS? like with the Primary Graphics Adapter ability at least? HP told me that my BIOS was made so that as soon as you put in an add-on card (i.e. VGA 9800GT) it will boot to that instead of OnBoard, could you remove that and replace it with Primary VGA option?

Ok, my onboard mGPU 8200 and my 9800GT have the HybridPower ability ("http://www.nvidia.com/object/hybrid_sli_desktop.html" --> Tech Brief.pdf) which allows my PC to switch to mGPU when no graphic demanding applications are runing. But in order for it to be active, I must; 1- plug my monitor into my mGPU port on my mobo and 2- switch my primary graphics adapter in the BIOS to mGPU, by default my BIOS boots to the VGA GeForce 9800GT.

Thus I require this ability.

Sincerely,

Njthemonster.

No, Hybrid SLI enables this BUT, even if I do so my BIOS still boots to the 9800GT as a primary. I have a theory but I need your help; I think my BIOS is set to boot to the first graphic card it detects, but it cannot detect the mobo mGPU first if Hybrid SLI is disabled, and it is by default thus always being 9800GT boot. After that, it saves that, so even if I put on Hybrid SLI on after, it will still boot to the 9800GT. So what I wanted to do was, if you could mod my BIOS so by default Hybrid SLI is enabled, so I could test this.

Sincerely,

Njthemonster.

"There are only two people who understand the marine,

the marine and the enemy, everyone else just has a second hand opinion."

Semper Fidelis

No, Hybrid SLI enables this BUT, even if I do so my BIOS still boots to the 9800GT as a primary. I have a theory but I need your help; I think my BIOS is set to boot to the first graphic card it detects, but it cannot detect the mobo mGPU first if Hybrid SLI is disabled, and it is by default thus always being 9800GT boot. After that, it saves that, so even if I put on Hybrid SLI on after, it will still boot to the 9800GT. So what I wanted to do was, if you could mod my BIOS so by default Hybrid SLI is enabled, so I could test this.

Sincerely,

Njthemonster.

"There are only two people who understand the marine,

the marine and the enemy, everyone else just has a second hand opinion."

Semper Fidelis

Sure, I'll post the Bios shortly

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=H...mp;aq=f&oq=

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu6...mp;fr=yfp-t-501

Best Instructions I can Find

1. go to hp.com

2. Download the Hybrid BIOS From here

3. Download latest BIOS update from HP.com

4. Run the BIOS Update from HP

5. Go all the way till the message with the ok button shows up

6. Do Windows key + R and type in %temp%

7. look for the folder with the same files as the one you downloaded from here

8. Replace the .rom file in your temp with the one from here

9. Hit ok and be happy

Dear OriginalMACNUT!

My motherboard is Asrock G31M-S, and when try to install MacOS - kernel panic - HPET not available...

Can I use your mod BIOS for Asrock G31M-GS?

motherboards almost identical