OMN'S DSDT BIOS FIX-Getting past the CPU=1

314 posts in this topic

Hi, OriginalMACNUT!

I just bought a Q9550 (for me it's chrismas!) to replace my venerable Pentium IV 530, and i would be glad to see all 4 cores working!

Here's the link to my P5KR BIOS : Asus P5KR latest BIOS

I would love to test your DSDT kext too, if you want, i think it's a great idea!

Loads of thanks in advance!

Sorry for being away for sometime.

I have a few things to iron out at home, and I'll get back to work on bios modding.

I'll be pull down the website shortly, as I'm going to start incorporating Fassl work into the bios as well for the upcoming releases.

Full credit will also be link on homepage as well.'

But in the mean time, give me a few days to get things going again, But if your in need of a bios flash. Download Fassl patcher here, and read the instructions. run the patcher and upload your bios and the patched .aml file. That will save me time patching your bios, and I will be able to respond faster to your requests.

Thanks,

-Omn

Ok, i've ran the Fassl DSDT patcher without any error, here is my dsdt.aml.

What i have to do now if i wanna test your kext ?

Do i have to copy the dsdt.aml content into the info.plist ?

It could be cool if you could make a mini-howto for newbies like me.

For some reason the Chameleon bootloader doesn't work very well for me, only with EFI_v8 i can boot with the WinXP boot menu.

If i use your kext or patched BIOS, can i avoid to install Chameleon and so avoid me to mess up my partition map ? (each time i've tried to install Chameleon, by the installer or by Osx86Tools, i've ran into boot problems...)

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my english...

UPDATE : I've copied the content of dsdt.aml into boot.plist of openDSDT.kext, installed and booted without problem, but here's the error i can see in log:

22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: 2008 © COPYRIGHT PSYSTAR CORPORATION (www.psystar.com) 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: [::attach] called 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: [::probe] called 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: [::detach] called 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: [::attach] called 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: [::start] called 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: Failed to get configEntries dictionary. 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: [::detach] called 
22/11/08 04:39:20 kernel OpenDSDT: [::free] called

In System Profiler everything seems already correct (4 cores, cpu & bus speeds ok), except the L2 Cache of my Q9550, i read 6Mo, but in fact it's 12Mo, is there a way to correct it ?

Asus P5KR latest BIOS

dsdt.aml.zip

P5KR_dsdt_fixed_source.tar

The .kext file was abandon along time ago. It has problems with EFi & it loads to later to work..

I'm still getting things together here at home, as I'm need a couple more day. With personal things & work being up in the air.

Thanks,

Omn

Thanks a lot for your hard work. First get things sorted out at home (the most important thing) and then you can continue helping everybody like you've always done.

Thanks a lot again.

p.s. is there any way of getting a dual opteron 175 with asus a8n32sli-deluxe mobo working with both cores or is it impossible? Using ideneB's 10.5.5.

Thx

The .kext file was abandon along time ago. It has problems with EFi & it loads to later to work..

I'm still getting things together here at home, as I'm need a couple more day. With personal things & work being up in the air.

Thanks,

Omn

Yes in fact i realize that the kext don't change anything at all. But i keep in thinking that it's a good idea, it could avoid the risk of bios flashing (my Asus is ok, in case of error i can always return back, but some MB do not permit that, i was thinking about some users who are not at ease with flashing) and test different dsdt strings... what about a startup script ?

Looking forward for your modded bios, but no problem, take your time, thanks for your answer!

... it could avoid the risk of bios flashing (my Asus is ok, in case of error i can always return back, but some MB do not permit that

Be careful!!! The typical ASUS bios recovery is only useful if the flash process was interrupted. If you modify a BIOS rom, burn it successfully, and the modifications cause your system to not boot, you can't use the ASUS bios recovery to fix.

The best way to test dsdt modifications without burning a rom is to install chameleon and replace the /boot with the patched chameleon that can read a DSDT.aml file. Search the forum on chameleon dsdt patch.

Thanks Signal64, i read about Chameleon since longtime, but for reasons that i ignore, it don't work very well for me.

As i explained above, each time i've installed it, by the installer or by Osx86Tools, my multiboot refused to work.

I use the winxp bootloader with boot0 on first HD, and Leo4Allv3 is installed on a IDE drive connected to the JMicron chip. Only EFI_v8 seems to work for me, i dunno why.

But about BIOS flashing, i've no problems with that. My remark was about the beginners who are not easy with flashing. I think that a working kext, or a script, or a commandline binary could be simply great for experiment and play with different dsdt strings. I like experiment and testing.

Hi OMN, can you mod my BIOS please?

I can't seem to get AHCI enabled at all, I don't know if that's the main reason or not (I don't have much knowledge about detailed computer settings etc).

But here's a picture I took to show you what i'm looking at. Onboard SATA Mode: RAID

img0644hy2.jpg

img0643rz2.jpg

My computer specs are as followed:

Acer Aspire m5620 Desktop

Motherboard: G33T-AM

North Bridge: Intel Bearlake G31: 02/A2

South Bridge: Intel 82801IR ICH9R: 92

AMIBIOS: R01-A0

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz

nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB

500GB HDD

5GB RAM

BIOS Link: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/aspi...A0%28721%29.zip

Thank you in advance! :hysterical:

Hiya there macnut, Im trying to help a friend here, can you MOD this BIOS, Is similiar to mine but looks hes having problem with mine, so...

Is a HP Pavilion Elite m9346 UK

Motherboard

Asus IPIBL-LB

Benicia-GL8E

This is the BIOS, Version 5.29

Thx in Advance, Hope you can help me here -_-

Distributor Model Name: HP Pavilion Elite m9350f

OEM Model Name: ASUS M2N78-LA (aka "Pegatron Viola 2.02")

HP BIOS version: AMI 5.24

HP BIOS link: http://crowdsurfoffacliff.com/osx86/VIO5.24

(completely) Fixed DSDT.dst: http://crowdsurfoffacliff.com/osx86/DSDT.dsl

(completely) Fixed DSDT.aml: http://crowdsurfoffacliff.com/osx86/DSDT.aml

The BIOS of this AMD machine is from AMI. I was able to open this BIOS for editing with mmtool and AMIBCP 3.13. I was able to read (and will assumably be able to write) my BIOS using AFUDOS from the latest amiflash.zip from ami.com. Here's more specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor

Northbridge: NVIDIA nForce 720a rev. A2

Southbridge: NVIDIA ID075C rev. A2

I see that someone helped user Icchan-san with his HP Pavilion Elite m9250f. Please help me with this one! The model numbers are super close, though to forewarn you, this machine is an AMD/nForce model...

In AMIBCP I actually see a 'mode-setting' menu option for how SATA appears to the OS... but I don't actually see it in my BIOS... regrettably, I believe I once had the option to set my SATA to AHCI-mode before upgrading my BIOS to a newer version (and I can't find any older versions online...)

Hi! i would really like a modded bios for my Asus G50V gamer laptop:

Org bios(newest):

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G50V/G50V209as.zip

HW:

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 / 2.4 GHz - 1066MHz CPU FSB

Intel PM45 Chipset

ICH9-M SATA Controller

4GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram (2Gx2)

9700m GT

Intel WiFi Link 5100 - Not working

Realtek ALC663 - Not working

I tried doing as written here on how to mod the bios(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=112033) but it didn't really work. i couldn't find the 4 aliases, described in the tut...

This is the .dsl output i got:

http://rapidshare.com/files/168617756/G50Vas.dsl

Anyways, If you want a Bios Mod, include.

Update:

10/16/2008

I can now do .wph rom file.

- PC spec.

( Model, brand, Board )

- Direct link to bios.

- Bios must be in a .rom or .wph image. I've not found a tool I can convert .bin to .rom

Thanks,

-OMN

please go HERE for My Bios Page, and for My DST Forum go HERE

thanks,

-OMN

He, how ya doin? I was wondering if I could bother you for some help on a custom BIOS for my machine? I hope that it wouldn't be a bother. :gun:

Here are my specs (custom built by myself) :

AMD Phenom X4 9950 oc'ed 3.2 Ghz

Asus M3A79-T Deluxe Motherboard (ATI 790FX/SB750 chipset)

4 gigs of 1066 DDR2 RAM (2x2 gig sticks)

2 Sapphire ATI 3870s

1 500 Gig SATA internal HDD (Primary)

1 250 Gig SATA internal HDD (secondary)

1 500 Gig eSata external HDD

1 250 Gig USB external HDD

I am currently running the newst BIOS from Asus, I believe it is the 602. If you go to their site select Motherboard --> Socket AM2/AM2+ --> M3A79-T Deluxe --> Vista 32 bit, you should find under the bios menu, the newest bios, 602. It is a .rom file so hopefully that will work. Thanks in advance for your help and have a great day or evening!! :-)

P.S. I have tried to included the file just in case the link doesn't work but the forum won't let me. Sorry. :-(

Thanks guys for the support, I finally got things in order.

I'm setting up Windows at the moment and wil have all the utilities installed shortly again.

Though I have become a Great Fan of Fassl patcher, As it takes alot of time out of modding the bios. I highly recommend using his patcher, as in case the Mod don't work, however I can add in the .aml Directly to the bios for a permanent Bios flash.

As Signal64 said,

The best way to test dsdt modifications without burning a rom is to install chameleon and replace the /boot with the patched chameleon that can read a DSDT.aml file. Search the forum on chameleon dsdt patch.

Now, I am happy to keep working on this project, but I do ask that you give the Patcher a try first as it's safest.

Though, I am still happy to Mod any bios you may need or want, but keep in mind, any time you may flash it could go bad, or the bios may or may not work.

However,

If the Patch works, and you want a hard mod, Plz upload the original Bios along with the Patched .aml File, and I'll get it Modded asap.

To touch on the Bios, Plz don't try any Bios unless it matches your Hardware, as the Case with the EeePC, I do not recommend trying to flash a 900HA with a 900A bios, And I'm not surprised it wont flash, as it my be almost the same, chances are it's not, and this being the reason will not flash.

Also, if you have a problem with booting, *Waiting on Root Device* This is not a DSDT problem, or if a bios don't work, Please Give more info other than, *hey the bios don't work* as this don't give me much to go on.

Thanks,

-OMN

Had a Few Problems, 1 of my Tracer memory was the cause for the System error :) Should be here today though.

*UpDate 8:19am 2/12/08*

Mem Just cam Fedex, Is installed and seems to be working correctly now with no crashes. I have D/L the bios and starting work on them now.

In the mean time I'll just add them here, as my Website is on My Mac for uploading to the Site.

Should be done with in the Hour.

Thanks,

-Omn

Had a Few Problems, 1 of my Tracer memory was the cause for the System error ;) Should be here today though.

*UpDate 8:19am 2/12/08*

Mem Just cam Fedex, Is installed and seems to be working correctly now with no crashes. I have D/L the bios and starting work on them now.

In the mean time I'll just add them here, as my Website is on My Mac for uploading to the Site.

Should be done with in the Hour.

Thanks,

-Omn

Hmm is this regarding my bios or someone else before me? Cause if it's one hour i'll patiently wait online ^^

I might have got your done. I've done 6 so far. I will post them all once there done.

Hex editing is not hard, just takes time, and making sure the Hex header is still correct, as If I don't, you will be left with a brick :wacko:

So I take my time to ensure everything is correct.

I just have a few more left. :D

I might have got your done. I've done 6 so far. I will post them all once there done.

Hex editing is not hard, just takes time, and making sure the Hex header is still correct, as If I don't, you will be left with a brick :(

So I take my time to ensure everything is correct.

I just have a few more left. :)

Alright, take all the time you need :)