OMN'S DSDT BIOS FIX-Getting past the CPU=1

314 posts in this topic

It seem Harcoding the Apple info in the Bios make my Desktop run smoother, though GeekBench still show's Hackintosh. Though everything else is working great ;)

Scroll to the bottom of the Link, it show all the Bios INFO I adjusted, Show Apple Board and what not. I also added the Serial Number into the Bios as well :)

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/81090

Which is funny to see the 3 Tests I did, There the only one with real Mac's if you search by Board lol.

I'm going to Start doing this with the Rest of the Rom I fix as well.

I've tested in Windows XP & Vista, did not Change or brake anything. :)

Hey OMN...

I had some free time today and I found this.

-Open bios.wph or bios.rom with Phoenix BIOS Editor

The bios will be decompressed, all parts are in Phoenix BIOS Editor\TEMP folder now. You can open them with winhex to edit.

-Search for "SLIC" to find a already present SLIC tabe. If found DO NOT modify try to activate first. If it doesn't activate check Everest. No SLIC present at Everest, modify bios

-Copy file with slic table into Phoenix BIOS Editor\TEMP and rename it to the next higher ACPIn.ROM. (n ist the next higher acpi number).

-Open rom.scr with notepad and add a line "ACPI ACPIn.ROM -X", save it.

-Search for "RSDT" and if present "XSDT" string.

Overwrite string next to "RSDT" and "XSDT" with your OEM table and OEM table ID you want.

They are usually found at BIOSCOD1.ROM file. Save changes.

-To enable save button (now is gray) change something random in Phoenix BIOS Editor and restore its original value

-Save bios and check log for errors

If the bios shows log errors on rebuild, be careful testing.

I know that this seems a little selfish but I really am trying to be a help to the community.

Orsgah, what kind of problems are you having, I can take another look at the bios if you like?

is there a way to read the bios from the chip to get a .rom instead of the supplied bios from the manufacturer wich is .bin?

No Problem :P

Glad I could be of Help :)

Hey OMN...

I had some free time today and I found this.

I know that this seems a little selfish but I really am trying to be a help to the community.

Hey Guy,

No matter what I try, I can't get past the asl error. I have the rom already edited, and have saved all the info from it, but It just will not compile no matter what. I'll keep trying and searching for a fix.

Would you be willing to try the dsdt.kext and see if it will work?

@jwolfera

Try this kext driver for the DSDT, You have to repair the permissions as if you would with any other .kext. Or just use kexthelper to install it.

Please let me know if this works, there are a few other errors still, but this is just a start :)

Also, If it does work, I need all the PC info again, So I can make a Kext page on my website.

Here is the DSDT.kext driver

http://rapidshare.com/files/153938178/OpenDSDT.kext.zip.html

thanks,

-omn

I need testers for the OpenDSDT.kext

You do not need to flash your Bios this way, If you have a .bin file, please google how to dump you dsdt file in windows smile.gif

Only thing required is to install a .kext file into system\library folder and repair permissions or just install with kext helper, which I will include with it.

Thanks,

-Omn

Or try this link, thanks to Chris17 for doing the research for finding the link to this page.

http://eddietse.blogspot.com/2008/03/patch...-to-reduce.html

please make them .aml file and not .asl files,

I work with iasl, not asl for compiling and disassembling

or have a .dsl file ready for me to look over

I would prefer .dsl file though

thanks,

-omn

Hey OriginalMacNut,

I'm not too sure if this is a problem you think you could work out for me. I was told that a DSDT fix could potentially solve this issue. My mobo is a DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS and it appears that on system wake the audio driver has a powerstate error and will not allow audio to work. This happens after waking from S3 Sleep. I've used OpenDSDT to try to fix this issue, but with limited instructions for that kext I'm not sure if I did it correctly or not.

Also, I see you have an insight account. You wouldnt happen to be in the KY area, aye?

Thanks in advance,

-Stell

Hi Stellarola,

Can I get a direct link to the Bios, will look into this.

Or

If you can, use the getdsdt, as I'm thinking this boards has a bios I can't get into.

1 user has had success with using the Opendsdt mod with the new Voodoo 9.5 beta 2c kernel.

Thinking the combo is a good match together :).

I'm one state above you( Indiana ), hehe. Though my mom is from KY, I tease her that the birds fly upside down, just joking though,

Though, Comcast bought Insight here, but so far am aloud to keep my current insight address ;)

Howdy neighbor

-Omn

Hi Stellarola,

Can I get a direct link to the Bios, will look into this.

Or

If you can, use the getdsdt, as I'm thinking this boards has a bios I can't get into.

1 user has had success with using the Opendsdt mod with the new Voodoo 9.5 beta 2c kernel.

Thinking the combo is a good match together ;).

I'm one state above you( Indiana ), hehe. Though my mom is from KY, I tease her that the birds fly upside down, just joking though,

Though, Comcast bought Insight here, but so far am aloud to keep my current insight address :)

Howdy neighbor

-Omn

Hey MacNut,

You're right about my bios, it's a *.bin ...so I guess you won't be able to look into it. However, I made his dsdt file for you. http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/4133/dsdt.dat.zip

Maybe you could find the possible problem.

Thanks, :)

-Stell

You might try this, but As far as I know, it will not work with the vanilla kernel, so you might grab the New Voodoo kernel to try this out.

and have a view of this forum reply by the user. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry932871

From what I saw in the dsdt it should be fine.

OpenDSDT_1.0.5.kext.zip

Hi, this requests might be a little more difficult then normal

I have an Acer Aspire 3680-2633.... the problem is that I have replace the Celeron with a Core 2 Duo 5300

Bios 1.3505

Intel chipset with 2 gigs of ram. Everything works with a little modding and replaced wi-fi card. Just wanting to see about getting both cores to work.

Check PM :)

Hey MacNut,

You're right about my bios, it's a *.bin ...so I guess you won't be able to look into it. However, I made his dsdt file for you. http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/4133/dsdt.dat.zip

Maybe you could find the possible problem.

Thanks, ;)

-Stell

Hey -Stell,

Have you tried this yet? if so did it work for you as it did for the other user?

thanks,

-OMN