OMN'S DSDT BIOS FIX-Getting past the CPU=1

314 posts in this topic

Anyways, If you want a Bios Mod, include.

Update:

1/29/2009

Bios editing is now being Done For 10.5.6, will be updating Website soon with 10.5.6 Bios.

10/16/2008

I can now do .wph rom file.

or Rom vendors

Phoenix / AMI / Award

- PC spec.

( Model, brand, Board )

- Direct link to bios.

- Bios must be in a .rom or .wph image. I've not found a tool I can convert .bin to .rom

Thanks,

-OMN

please go HERE for My Bios Page, and for My DST Forum go HERE

Also Look into using

koalala ACPI Patcher for BIOS and AML or fassl DSDT Patcher & mackerintel Chameleon with DSDT override

thanks,

-OMN

Dear OriginalMACNUT

I have a motherboard that needs a bios modified to work with leopard.

if you could change it I would be eternally grateful

thanks.

Bios 1.20-win.zip

http://download.asrock.com/bios/775/Wolfda...M2(1.20)Win.zip

SPECIFICATION

- Asrock Wolfdale1333-GLAN/M2

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mode...ale1333-GLAN/M2

- Cpu intel E2200 2.2ghz

- RAM DDR2 KINGSTON -2 GB PC2-6400 800 MHz

- use video motherboard

Thank You

G31T-M BIOS | Version: 08/07/31 | Release Date: 2008/09/03

http://download.ecsusa.com/dlfileecs/bios/mb/p4/080731S.zip

Specification:

ECS G31T-M PCB v1.0

4GB DDR2-800 RAM

Intel Core2Duo E7200 (2.53GHz)

E-VGA NVidia 8200GS 512MB PCI-E x16

Currently, I have to boot using CPUS=1, and it only shows a single processor. I've tried the existing G31T BIOS on your site, but it's for the G31T-A - and I get a blackscreen and the system will no longer boot.

Thanks in advance,

Hannibal

I'm again asking you to remove my work from your site, since you said you will do it last night (yesterday), and I PM'd you asking politely to remove them days ago, I've waited enough time, and I had enough patience. so now, I'm really wondering if you're someone who keeps his words.. or it's just to win some time..

If you're doing this and getting donations for your work, that's your business, and I don't care, but, sorry, not with my work.

You didn't even credit me for my work and for finding the fix, and I didn't ask you to do so, fine, but what you did is worse; you had the time and intention to discredit me from my own work by removing my name from the files, and then you say you have to check what is yours and what isn't.. go tell that to someone stupid. I personally consider people who do that, thieves.

Now that you just modded a few BIOSes and didn't take the time to keep your word, I see you have no intention to do so, if you don't want to be responsible and act as an adult deal with the consequences (taking down everything while you start a new list from your own mods, which is nothing much at all), and please do yourself a favour and don't tell me you're now pissed, and you're not going to remove them, that would make you look even worse in the eyes of others.

-Kabyl

SORRY, IF YOU WANT CREDIT FOR FINDING THE FIX, YES.

YOU DID FIND THE FIX AS TO GETTING THE CORES WORKING, THAT IS CLEARLY YOUR DOING.

that being said, I took the time to learn how to fix them myself, so does that mean I can't take credit for my work?

As for your work, I highly suggest you go and download all the bios on my site can check the DSDT string!! If I missed any of yours I'm sorry, but I did keep my word, and I have removed all your file that I am aware of!! please let me know what I missed. as for removing your name? wft! I didn't try to discredit you? I have no reason to! this is clearly free service for the members on the forum & you have made it all about you.

I did honor my word, however I'm not going to be childish as your self about things, I'll link your page, I'll even give you credit for my work, just stop harassing me please. I've already had to block you from PM over this. JUST GROW UP PLEASE.

SORRY, IF YOU WANT CREDIT FOR FINDING THE FIX, YES.

YOU DID FIND THE FIX AS TO GETTING THE CORES WORKING, THAT IS CLEARLY YOUR DOING.

If I really wanted the credit, I would have asked, but I didn't.

that being said, I took the time to learn how to fix them myself, so does that mean I can't take credit for my work?

did I ever said you can't? no, I said it's your business, and I don't care.

As for your work, I highly suggest you go and download all the bios on my site can check the DSDT string!! If I missed any of yours I'm sorry, but I did keep my word, and I have removed all your file that I am aware of!! please let me know what I missed.

I knew it.. this is your mistake to fix it, not me I'm not going to waste time checking each file (I did many, more than you did)

what you should have done (and I don't believe I have to tell you this again), is start a clean page with your own mods. you can check your posts and see what you've done and put them, is it that hard? no, and I don't think you're that stupid not to understand this.

I did honor my word, however I'm not going to be childish as your self about things, I'll link your page, I'll even give you credit for my work, just stop harassing me please.

If you want to do so, do it because that is what you should have done, not because I asked, because I didn't. and please, don't credit me for your work, if you do something wrong it will be under my name, so please don't do it.

I've already had to block you from PM over this. JUST GROW UP PLEASE.

huh? I PM'd you because I thought it was the right thing to do, and not take it into the public, and I didn't PM you since you took it into the public, so please stop your BS. You should grow up.

LOL, OMG

You really don't think I can Download a bios and Fix it myself, and add it back so I can have a complete bios page for what members are asking for?

Man, you must think you're god.

Downloading and fixing a bios that somebody is needing is quite easy to do, I'm sorry if you think I am lacking the skills to click a button to download, then decompile them myself, then fix them, then recompile.

Done talking about this.

Have a nice day.

-OMN

Can a MOD clean these forums up?

LOL, OMG

You really don't think I can Download a bios and Fix it myself, and add it back so I can have a complete bios page for what members are asking for?

Man, you must think you're god.

Downloading and fixing a bios that somebody is needing is quite easy to do, I'm sorry if you think I am lacking the skills to click a button to download, then decompile them myself, then fix them, then recompile.

Done talking about this.

Have a nice day.

-OMN

Can a MOD clean these forums up?

why are you still putting words in my mouth?

I didn't say it's hard, I think it's so easy and I wonder why people don't do it themselves, and I don't think I'm god..

you just showed you're BS'ing, and you weren't even able to answer to what I said, because you know you're wrong, and you're trying to change the subject.

If a mod wants to clean this, he should think twice, do you want to be part of doing the wrong thing by letting someone like OMN make mistakes and go if nothing happen?

This is bad in the long run, of course people now will get their BIOS fixed, but like this you loose people who do the real work, and find the fixes..

-Kabyl

Dude, I spent 2 days going through and reading and downloading the bios ppl needed fix in your forum. So don't tell me I am changing the subject, your missing the point in general because you think you're right.

-omn

You know what, Screw it.

Site is permanently down, you win. Your right. I'm wrong.

yada yada. I'm done FK'ing around with you.

No, nobody is getting a bios done from me now, I'm done.

and if you would have check the dsdt, you would have saw they where not yours

-OMN

Dude, I spent 2 days going through and reading and downloading the bios ppl needed fix in your forum. So don't tell me I am changing the subject, your missing the point in general because you think you're right.

-omn

You know what, Screw it.

Site is permanently down, you win. Your right. I'm wrong.

yada yada. I'm done FK'ing around with you.

No, nobody is getting a bios done from me now, I'm done.

-OMN

.. and I thought you said you're done talking.. ?

You spent 2 days working on... that's nice, no, that's great, and no I'm not missing anything, you seem not understand now, or you became so blind not to see that you actually have no point, you did a mistake and instead of fixing it, you started playing games and talking in public, and then you felt so superior not to admit you did it..

now that you couldn't provide any direct answers that make sense, you're playing the role of a victim, and you want to blame me for stopping.. sorry, but blame only yourself.

-OMN

Why didn't you say that at the beginning? now that you removed the files and everything no one can check.. well I did check before I talked, same list, same models, they contain the md5s, and you can't suddenly in few hours do the mods (the same mods I did), you even said you will remove them, now you're saying they are not mine?

Please, do yourself a favor, and stop making it harder for yourself, you just look worse and worse..

There are more lies if someone wants to have fun investigating.. I just don't want to mention everything.

To everyone else, please don't let this stop you from helping others if you can and have the time to. I know, it's sad how this works, unfortunately.

-Kabyl

Hey MacNut! thx again for the BIOS man, u can just make another thread about BIOS MOD or a forum in your own Page, just left the BIOS dat Kabyl make or put his Credits? if you wanna continue helping people, I dont think its wrong, you are doing great so far, just delete or put kabyl credids if he wants to, if Kabyl dont wanna, then just delete them. Thx for share BIOS MOD for the community, I know everybody feel the same, thx again and keep posting!!!

Hey MacNut! thx again for the BIOS man, u can just make another thread about BIOS MOD or a forum in your own Page, just left the BIOS dat Kabyl make or put his Credits? if you wanna continue helping people, I dont think its wrong, you are doing great so far, just delete or put kabyl credids if he wants to, if Kabyl dont wanna, then just delete them. Thx for share BIOS MOD for the community, I know everybody feel the same, thx again and keep posting!!!

Thank you for the kind words, I'll sleep on it. I'll decide what I want to do in the morning, and thank everyone that has sent me a pm supporting me.

Best regards,

-OMN

originalmacnut, you have done a good works.. but kabyl is right: you can't remove her/his name from her/his bios mod.. it insn't correct.. but you've done a very good works and i hope that you continue... many and many peoples need the bios modded.. kabyl was absent from july and many people don't known how to do.. but when you arrived, the light blink on their eyes, and the leopard was opened for their computer! :D

thanks! i hope that you continue.. and that you restore your site, inserting the bios that you've modded!

PS: sorry for my english! :D but my mother-language is italian! :D

Dear OriginalMACNUT help me please

I would be very grateful if I modify the bios are blocked

your work is indispensable for me

Bios 1.20-win.zip

http://download.asrock.com/bios/775/Wolfda...M2(1.20)Win.zip

SPECIFICATION

- Asrock Wolfdale1333-GLAN/M2

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mode...ale1333-GLAN/M2

- Cpu intel E2200 2.2ghz

- RAM DDR2 KINGSTON -2 GB PC2-6400 800 MHz

- use video motherboard

aspect hope so!

Thank You

QUOTE(OriginalMACNUT @ Oct 6 2008, 05:07 PM) SORRY, IF YOU WANT CREDIT FOR FINDING THE FIX, YES.

First of all, the problem were known (on Linux) long before Kabyl came out with it on InsanelyMac. So no one of you 'found it', some other guys did.

Someone found an way to fix the DSDT.

Kabyl did the whole research for the Mulitcore-BIOS-Mods-Fix and made it public on this forum.

I posted an simple guide to help out ppl doing BIOS mods on their own.

OriginalMACNUT will mod BIOS Roms based on other ppls work.

So OriginalMACNUT, you should not post in such big letters.

First of all, the problem were known (on Linux) long before Kabyl came out with it on InsanelyMac. So no one of you 'found it', some other guys did.

Someone found an way to fix the DSDT.

Kabyl did the whole research for the Mulitcore-BIOS-Mods-Fix and made it public on this forum.

I posted an simple guide to help out ppl doing BIOS mods on their own.

OriginalMACNUT will mod BIOS Roms based on other ppls work.

So OriginalMACNUT, you should not post in such big letters.

I've known about the Linux thing for a long time, but I wasn't going to say anything. Besides, after talking with the Mods, this is childish at this point.

I tried working it out, but 1 can only do so much, but that's just how I feel.

Sorry about the Letters, they don't look that big on my screen. I made them smaller, let me know if that is still to big.

Well, guys I'm back.

Not going to let this keep me down, anyways. I spent the last two days working on these bios for everyone.

Nothing is borrowed, copied. So please feel free to check the DSDT strings if you would like.

There is over 150+ bios at the moment, I still have around 20 to 30 bios to get done, but I need a brake for a couple day from this.

Go here for my most current work

Dear OriginalMACNUT

My Acer Aspire 4530 got trouble getting into Kalyway 10.5.2 Leopard Installer,

without the Chemeleon,it keep on reboot after "EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH".

with Chemeleon patch,it halt on "Loading HFS+ file: [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 4230480".

I think the problem is about ACPI,but I cannot change the ACPI setting in this machine.

Here is the BIOS:

ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/...Bios/v.3328.zip

SPECIFICATION

CPU- Mobile DualCore AMD Turion X2 RM-70

CHIPSET- nVIDIA GeForce 9100M G, AMD K11

RAM- 2G DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM

VIDEO- nVIDIA GeForce 9100M G

AUDIO- Realtek ALC888/1200 @ nVIDIA

ATA- NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

NETWORK- Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter

Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5764M PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Well, guys I'm back.

Not going to let this keep me down, anyways. I spent the last two days working on these bios for everyone.

Nothing is borrowed, copied. So please feel free to check the DSDT strings if you would like.

There is over 150+ bios at the moment, I still have around 20 to 30 bios to get done, but I need a brake for a couple day from this.

Go here for my most current work

I'm very glad to know that you are back.

Esp. found that you have modified Asus A6Jc and F8Sa's BIOS already !

I'll try to use them ASAP and report the result too.

Thank you very much because to us you act like a HERO !

These two modified BIOS work for my Asus A6Jc (10.5.2) and F8Sa's(10.5.4) laptop PCs.

Thanks again !