evga 8600GT Problem

Halo

5 posts in this topic

I am running a P5E-VM HDMI setup with a retail install... The problem is the motherboard has a onboard Intel G35 which currently has no drivers. So I bought a evga 8600GT 256MB so I can have decent graphics.

I have tried a few things and cannot find what driver/set to install here is what I have sdone so far.

1. With 10.5.5 installed I placed the card in, it did not boot it got stuck on the greyi apple wait screen.

2. Reformated - clean install; then ran EFIStudio for 8600GT 256MB shut down and instlaled the card. Upon reboot got stuck on grey screen

3. Reformatted - clean install; Installed evga 8600GT tried running NVidia Universal Installer, it said it was not the right setup. I installed 10.5.5 update, upon reboot it stuck on grey screen.

Arggg, anyone have any experience with this? Or any ideas on how to get this thing to work?

Well after working on it all of Sunday, I found out after doing a clean install pop in the PCIE card. Run 9f23Installer, then do the EFIStudio. Install Combo 10.5.5 and restart. It works.... Up until you restart again then you get the grey screen then it switches to a dark grey light grey 2 tone grey screen.

ARGGGG Anyone ?

Just install from the retail disk, or in case you are using a "distribution" DO NOT select anything related to video drivers.

After the very first boot, update to 10.5.5 using apple combo update (just be sure you protect your system from AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext) then simply either use nvinstaller v52 or EFIStudio, and it should work.

If I install 10.5.5 before I install the drivers then use efi it will not boot up.

What does the AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext do?

It seems to work now but sometimes I will get that weird apple wait screen freeze, other times it boot up fine. Very strange

If I install 10.5.5 before I install the drivers then use efi it will not boot up.

What does the AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext do?

It seems to work now but sometimes I will get that weird apple wait screen freeze, other times it boot up fine. Very strange

You have either block or delete that kext while you install any update or you'll system wont longer boot.