• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

Kris Ferein

Kris Ferein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I am running into the same exact problem. I have my valid MAC address however my IP is bogus (a 169). I have tried using both eth ports, disabling one at a time, and putting a manual address in and nothing has worked for me.

OK. Try this:
Disable in windows(and probably any other OS) the controller you will use for Mac OS X.
Convince your router if you have one to release all DHCP addresses, that is to clear it's DHCP allocation table. Add two entries in the manual DHCP allocation table for your two nvidia eth controllers. You could try a ipconfig /release as admin in windows to release assigned addresses. If this doesn't work reset your router.
After you are done with all this, unplug your computer for a while and boot in Mac OS X. After it has booted, plug in the cable in thge controller you want to use for Mac OS X(for me it was the first one because the second controller never detected the cable as plugged in - e.g. the controller with the lowest MAC address).
If you ask me, the forcedeth thing is too much of a hustle, I am thinking of plugging in my old Realtek controller any day now. Or even buying a new one. I just don't like packing things around my videocard and my PICe slots. I am also thinking of doing SLI in the future and things might get really crowded in there.
There's probably some bug in the IP broadcast code in conjunction of an already assigned DHCP address.
It's really weird.
Hope this helps.

SteelWings11

SteelWings11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,

After many tests i made 3 little scripts to make my MCP61 Ethernet work.
I used forcedeth driver from Andrewneo (but my computer froze when I downloaded a file)
I used forcedeth 0.3c from planetbeing (but it froze my computer when i launched the driver (both forcedeth & forcedeth-nockd)

Now i melt the two driver and my connection work (without the cpus=1 flag)
Just unzip the attachement on desktop and it works fine, launch the Internet, internet 2 & internet 3 scripts.

I'm looking for an easier solution, so if you can help me...

Your solution worked for me kinda. I have to run the 3 scripts everytime i boot my computer and then i have to manualy put in my mac address, IP, Router IP, ect. and then it still says no cable pluged in but it works. So for it to work i have to do that everytime i reboot.
any ideas? Thanks.

thedude26

thedude26

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I'm still trying... :)

Kris Ferein

Kris Ferein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I have a perfectly running built-in MAC lan on my Nforce 790i SLI Ultra with the attached Forcedeth kext. BTW I installed my 10.5.2 from Leo4Allv3. Although I have not installed the 10.5.3 combo update but I DID however updated all my kexts to 10.5.3 kexts.

Let me know if the attached kext helps someone :lol:

My current flags are -f cpus=1.

Did you try running without cpus=1 ?

tenpinben

tenpinben

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well note to everyone beforehand, I'm new at this and I have no idea what I'm doing :)
I've got a FSB 1066 nForce 570 SLI motherboard with a NVIDIA nForce Network Controller,
this fix SHOULD work for that right?

if not, any other patches that will work? :blink:

-iCE!HACKER-

-iCE!HACKER-

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Hi i just bought the board [Asus Striker II Formula] 4 days ago and now am running 10.5.2 using iATKOS v2

It would be gr8 if i can get a solution from one of u gurus for my problem ; whis is the network cards dont show up i used the nForceEthernetController.kext which ended up showin me one lan and one wifi port i guess i used the wrong one..

and now i found this post , got forcedeath and my card is not comming up here is the o/p

[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.
[0]: forcedeth: Probing.
[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0373 is not known to work. Continuing anyway...
[0]: forcedeth: Starting.
[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0373, subsystem 0x1043:0xCB84 opened.
[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xEFFFA000 of length 4096.
[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x5aa60000, tx at 0x5aa60400, wired at 0x2fb6f000.
[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:1F:C6:49:66:0B.
[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x5040:0x0003 at address 1.
[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.
[0]: forcedeth: Probing.
[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0373 is not known to work. Continuing anyway...
[0]: forcedeth: Starting.
[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0373, subsystem 0x1043:0xCB84 opened.
[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xEFFF7000 of length 4096.
[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x5abd2000, tx at 0x5abd2400, wired at 0x2ed70000.
[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:1F:C6:49:70:99.
[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:1f:c6:49:66:0b
[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines
[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.
[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:1f:c6:49:70:99

and also this is needed i guess

Warnings
{
"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true
}

kextload: extension forcedeth.kext appears to be loadable
kextload: loading extension forcedeth.kext
kextload: forcedeth.kext loaded successfully
kextload: sending personalities to kernel:
kextload: from extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext:
kextload: IONetworkStack
kextload: Kernel Debugging Driver
kextload: from extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext:
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-Name
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-i386
kextload: IOPCI2PCIBridge-PCI
kextload: from extension /Users/macosx/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release/forcedeth.kext:
kextload: nForce 4 LAN
kextload: sending 6 personalities to the kernel
kextload: matching started for forcedeth.kext
pls tel me what i need to do

can i just why noone is replying to my post is it not gonna work for me

nipit

nipit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, when I install this driver I got this error
Jul 15 22:06:29 localhost kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xFE02B000 of length 4096.
Jul 15 22:06:29 localhost kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x1acbc000, tx at 0x1acbc400, wired at 0x16585000.
Jul 15 22:06:29 localhost kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:50:8D:9D:8B:05.
Jul 15 22:06:29 localhost kernel[0]: forcedeth: Could not find a valid PHY.
Jul 15 22:06:29 localhost kernel[0]: forcedeth: Stopping

How to solve this problem.
My Mobo is
Abit KN9
Chipset Nvidia NF4 Ultra
Nvidia GbE

Thanks

darkmagician

darkmagician

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi could someone tell me or point/link me somewhere where i can get drivers to get LAN working for my chipset its a nForce 570 sli

my mobo is Asus M2N SLI Deluxe
AMD 5600+
2/gb corsair DDR2 800
I have vista running on the other harddrive. im using IDE for Leo.

using Kalyway 10.5.2
everythign is fine except the LAN and USB ports at the back.

also if someone can tell me how to get the F8 bootloader, because i had it with zeph's version but not kalyway. is there a way to get it back?

please help thanks!

jack_j

jack_j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
IF ANYONE CAN WALK ME THROUGH ALL THIS STUFF..I'LL GLADLY PAY YOU $50..I JUST DONT HAVE TIME OR PATIENCE TO FIGURE THIS OUT...UGH

JT

fov

fov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed leo4allv3 on my MSI K9N Neo-F Mainboard (nForce 550 chipset) with a SATA hdd and SATA dvd driver and hat some troubles to make forcedeth work. Here are my experiences:

planetbeing's driver from the first post of this topic crashes my system. If loaded at boot time, the boot process suddenly stops and after several minutes of inactivity, it displays "disk0s2: data underrun". So I removed the forcedeth.kext from the system extensions and it boots up without network fine. However, trying to manually load forcedeth.kext from a terminal, makes osx become unusable. First it looked like it crashed, but I realized that it seems to run ok, but just disabled keyboard and mouse so that I couldn't interact anymore.

So I tried AndrewNeo's driver updated_leopard_plus_mcp61_r1.zip from page 29 of this topic - and even though under Linux, lspci says that my card is a MCP55, the MCP61 version from AndrewNeo loads fine and works.

However, I still have a problem with this driver. On power up or if rebootet from Windows XP into OSX, it doesn't get an IP address and falls back to a self-assigned IP. So I manually configured the interface and expected it to work, but it didn't. Running tcpdump on en0 shows that the interface receives packets from other computers on the LAN and also sents out packets - but those packets don't arrive. If I ping the router of my net, OSX keeps sending out ARP requests to find out the router's mac.

It looks like the driver sents out packets, but the card drops them instead of sending them. None of the tips on this forum helped, like turing off power after using windows, using ipconfig /release and reboot into OSX or even reset the DHCP server... I finally found out, that it works, if I boot Linux and reboot into OSX.

I assume that there's something wrong with the card initialization of this kext. The packet sending seems to only work if the Linux driver has correctly initialized the card before.

Update: It crashes on large downloads and even on some websites with larger images sometimes. cpus=1 seems to work around it.

serigei

serigei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I was using the 0.3 leopard version perfectly on a PATA drive, but I just installed to my SATA RAID and I've found that as soon as it's loaded, it causes a hard lock. No kernel panic debug text, nothing. /var/log/system.log doesn't show anything unusual. It's almost as if my USB ports stopped working, but nothing else on the screen is updated either. Again, the EXACT same driver works flawlessly on an identical installation, the only difference being that one OS is installed on a PATA disk, the other on a SATA RAID (created in Disk Utility).

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

EDIT: forcedeth.kext does still cause a hard lock only on the RAID, but forcedeth-nock.kext seems to work okay. What's the difference? Searching this thread and google doesn't tell me.

Leandro BH

Leandro BH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi everyone

I've an Asus Notebook F3T w/ a network card MPC51 id=0x0269

I've read all pages from this post, tried everything, every driver I found but nothing.

I've changed the info.plist to insert my 0269 in most or all of them but everytime I kextload the kext, it goes

[0]: forcedeth: Version 0.2b.A
[0]: forcedeth: Initializing
[0]: forcedeth: Probing
[0]: forcedeth: Starting
[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0269, subsystem 0x1043:10x1385 opened.
[0]: forcedeth: Mapped form 0xDC6BC000 of lenght 4096.
[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x33689000, tx at 0xd89b000.
[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and then, it desables the my network card and I have to restart the computer again to have activity led blinking again.

Almost everything on my nb is running ok.. just USB drives and the Network aren't... please, someone, help me!!!!!

serigei

serigei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Me again.

Seems that forcedeth-nock.kext is causing hardlocks now, as is forcedeth.kext, on my SATA RAID. No clue what made it decide to suddenly stop playing nice with my nForce4 SATA disks. I'm not gonna deal with it anymore for a while, as I just spent about 5 hours pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I messed up, not even realizing it was forcedeth again.

EDIT:
Removed my little venting rant because apparently what was causing crashes after booting WAS the AppleNForceATA.kext (the one from MeDevil in the sticky) I was using for my SATA, but forcedeth does still hang the system on boot.

So it's two seperate problems that happened to manifest themselves at the same time. Both happen with or without the other kext present, so I don't think they're conflicting with each other.

EDIT2 (and hopefully last for a while):
After much testing this evening, I believe I've found the answer to both my problems (forcedeth and AppleNForceATA). I'm using 4GB of RAM. I had read that AMD users should limit it to 2GB by adding memmax=2048 to com.apple.boot.plist, and I did, but somewhere along the line I forgot I had removed it without putting it back on. Everything seems to be stable now and no crashes even if I try to stress the system as much as I can. Multiple reboots, hash checks during large installers and file transfers, etc. It is a pain to be limited to half my RAM, sure, but I was planning on getting a new machine in a few months anyway, so I'll live. Sorry for complaining when it was a known issue caused by my own forgetfulness.

Reposting this edit on the "NForce SATA Controller" sticky in the SATA/IDE forum.

TomCos

TomCos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
just installed...but both of my ethernets say not connected...any ideas? did a restart...also did a shutdown, unplug for 30 seconds for the MAC...still no luck...

xAlpha

xAlpha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've followed everything here, but I can't get the Hackintosh to turn on the LAN devices. It says they're there, and says no cable connected, but looking at the back of the machine, it isn't lighting anything up, and the port on my router is dark.

EDIT: Forgot.

It's an eVGA 680i board, 122-CK-NF68-A1

jake deam

jake deam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
After a lot of trying . I got my lan to work with focredeth-nockd.kext. I am using a asrock mob (K8NF6G-VSTA). The only problem I have is if i reboot. I have go over the whole process with regards to loading the kext. is there away I can save it so i wont have to do that every time i reboot.

Thanks

Thomson Tank

Thomson Tank

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi
when i load the kext my computer says a new network interface has been detected then it freezes. it looks like everything load right. i have os x 10.5.2 does anyone have any ideas thanks

jake deam

jake deam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

After a lot of trying . I got my lan to work with focredeth-nockd.kext. I am using a asrock mob (K8NF6G-VSTA). The only problem I have is if i reboot. I have go over the whole process with regards to loading the kext. is there away I can save it so i wont have to do that every time i reboot.

Thanks

Got it to stay.

hi
when i load the kext my computer says a new network interface has been detected then it freezes. it looks like everything load right. i have os x 10.5.2 does anyone have any ideas thanks

I was getting that when i used the forcedeth . it stopped when i used the forcedeth-nockd

daftpunk

daftpunk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Im posting this from safari :( I used the mcp61_r1 nock file. I have to boot with cpus=1 to download without crash

RMFX

RMFX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I can't get this driver to work. As soon as I enter the last line into terminal I get the message that a network device has been detected and then my mouse and keyboard stiop responding. OSX does not crash. I had my iPod connected on one try and unplugged it after the freeze up and I was prompted on screen that the device was disconnected without safely ejecting it so the OS was still running.

Any ideas anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy