• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

If you want to run LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage from /E/E without -f you'll need to satisfy it's dependencies too. I'm not in Leopard now but a google result tells me they are IOStorageFamily and IOAHCIFamily. So you'll have to copy those to /E/E too. Then it should be ok.

Hi
I've been trying this method for making LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext with no success so far,
left only the info.plist in the kext (which works fine in my extension folder, just added my device id).
I think it's an issue of dependencies as you mentioned but i can't seem to find what other kexts I need.
maybe you have an idea?

Thanks ;)

BlackCorsair

BlackCorsair

Insanely Metal Rocker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Hi cyclonefr,
I've currently stored in my Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions three Legacy: two for AHCI and the one for AppleYukon2 edited to recognize my Marvell 88e8056, as you can see in my signature.

I'm trying to apply these experiences with a Raid0 new .bin file edited by fxtentacle.
Now I have a Raid0+munky method with /Extra => 99% working!

My lone issue is for Yukon2: the legacy won't start at boot, even with -f in com.apple.Boot.plist!!!
this plist are in /EFI partition and (identical) in /BOOT partition (disk0s3)
Legacy for AHCI work fine, instead.

Any idea?

Thank you
B.C.

Nihilator

Nihilator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I used the Boot-132 method and installed Mac OS X (Mac OS X Install DVD - AKA: Vanilla Install).

I created a modified "AppleHDA.kext" file using the Taruga AppleHDA Patcher and my audio works great as long as Software Update does not update the file.

I want to resolve this problem of Software Update modifying the extensions in "/system/library/extensions" and overwriting my patched AppleHDA.kext file.

I want to leave the original AppleHDA.kext file alone (in the /system/library/extensions) and use the plist method described in this post.

I have a Sigmatel 9200 and downloaded the plist file for my sound card from the following post:

http://www.insanelym...mp;#entry929502

What steps do I need to do to make it work?

Do I place the LegacyAppleHDAController.kext and LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext in the Extra/Extension.mkext file and set the proper ownership and permissions and reboot? How about the original AppleHDA.kext file in the /systems/library/extensions. Do I leave it or delete it?

Thanks, Nihilator

premiatech

premiatech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've read conflicting posts on this forum about what to do with plist only kexts. Specifically with Legacy kexts for AppleHDA, where are they supposed to go and in conjunction with which other kexts?

Assuming vanilla AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E...(and I have patched dsdt so I dont need HDAEnabler.kext)

In Extra/Extensions should I have my patched AppleHDA.kext, LegacyHDAController.kext, and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext?

Or

In Extra/Extensions should I have only LegacyHDAController.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext?

If someone could please clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Keep up the good work everyone!

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. For those that were confused like me, here's what you need to do. First, Patch AppleHDA in S/L/E to get your audio working, then copy the info in its plists to the correct legacy controller and platform plists. Then restore original vanilla AppleHDA. Put your patched AppleHDA in a safe place in case you want to look at it, but you wont need it again. Take your legacy controller and platform kexts along with HDAEnabler and put them in Extra/Extensions. So you only have legacycontroller, legacyplatform, and hdaenabler, don't put you patched applehda in here, it may load but will cause a kernel panic on shutdown. Obviously you have your other kexts in there too(disabler, uuid, smbios, or whatever you use) so then make the usual mkext and repair permish. That should get HDA to load and audio to work. I still haven't quite figured out how to get rid of sound assertion errors though...

Scottapotamas

Scottapotamas

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
thanks... Several help stop the occasional kernel panic when i try to use imovie to import large files, and emulate steam and its games in crossover. Thanks

geda

geda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wonderful ,I will try the most clever method with my Legacy_Macintosh

By the way ,

Here is the AppleHDA

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=129058

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy