My plists for boot-132 method :)

cyclonefr

45 posts in this topic

If you want to run LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage from /E/E without -f you'll need to satisfy it's dependencies too. I'm not in Leopard now but a google result tells me they are IOStorageFamily and IOAHCIFamily. So you'll have to copy those to /E/E too. Then it should be ok.

Hi, Cyclone! :) Hope this finds you well :D

I have a problem similar to the one Freeman had before: my working AppleHDA.kext needs to be patched even in some binary files, because I have AD1986a. To be more specific, the patched files are:

Contents/Info.plist

Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController

Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHALPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAHALPlugIn

Do you still think it is possible to put something in EFI and boot from it?

Thanks!

Orange Icons fix and more !!!

Info about LegacyIOAHCIBlockstorage.kext

in my mobo Gigabyte EP35-DS3P the above kext works only

mkext´ed.

Solution: create you´r own mkext files with your kext from Extra/Extensions

My added Kext´s and i´m happy as hell

ACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext

dsmos.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHDAPlatfromDriver.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockstorage.kext

Natit.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

Note: i wrote this after my second boot maybe i have to reboot more often to verify this.

still working the second day i guess its working fabulous

Systeminfo: I added a second network card 3Com 3C905

Nvidia 8600GT (Sparkle with no fans)

I got my first Hackintosh working with this plists, thanks a lot ;)

However, I have a couple of newbie questions:

Currently I use (besides the usual suspects):

IOAHCIFamily.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

IOStorageFamily.kext

too from my getting-it-to-work experiments.

If I boot with -f, I would be able to get rid of all of them, right?

Is there any disadvantage using the -f method?

I only found out it´s called old safe mode, but I don´t know what this means beside it´s obviously forcing those plists not caring about dependencies...

Having the Gigabyte EP45-DS3, I edited

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

by putting in ICH10 from some other kext.

I am, however, unsure if I need LegacyJMicronATA.kext.

I have a JMicron controller (368), but IDE *seems* to be working fine?

This question leads to:

Where would I be able to check if the kexts are loaded (correctly)?

I´ve been browsing around about this mac, none seem to be listed.

I did search for this questions, but the place has become so big since I first started dropping by, I seem to be unable to filter out the relevant information if available. However, those questions are non crucial, I am not sitting in front of my PC screaming or sth. ;D So just if anyone drops by and has time to enlighten me a little would be appreciated :D

A few observations:

I have a Gigabit GA-EP35-DS3R and an Abit IP35-Pro motherboard and I had to make the following change to LegacyAppleAHCIPort's Info.plist:

<key>Chipset Name</key>

<string>ICH9 AHCI</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleAHCI</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x29238086</string>

Change the line in red to <string>0x29228086</string>. Apparently my ICH9R was reporting this on both boards:

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2922] (rev 02) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:b005]

Also is this line a mistake in the LegacyAppleAHCIPort Info.plist:

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>org.tgwbd.driver.LegacyAppleAHCIPort</string>

What is org.tgwbd.driver.LegacyAppleAHCIPort? Does that actually exist? The kext works fine anyway because it loads com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort due to my device ID.

hi cyclonefr. pardon my ignorance but how exactly could i make use of your "fake" plists? i'm interested w/ the applehda. i'm currently using a patched applehda.kext to make my onboard sound work. but i have to put it in /System/Library/Extensions of my retail leopard install. would it be possible to be loaded if i just put it in the /Extra/Extensions folder of my boot-132?

[edit]

i've attached the applehda.kext that can make my onboard sound work. would be very great if it can be loaded from boo-132-loader & need not be in /S/L/Extensions of my retail leopard install. :angel:

I am also investigating in this. Until now without any success... Stickpin has solved some probs (find threat here). Sadly not for my ACL889a chipset, though.

As I am working on a full Boot 132 cd for Gigabyte EP35-DS3 and everything is working but the audio is not. Any hints highly apprectiated...

if u are right now using an HDAEnabler.kext + modified AppleHDA.kext, u can try making an mkext with it (together w/ the other extra kexts that u need). i got my audio to work off from boot-132 loader. w/c means my /S/L/Extensions is purely vanilla. :(

good luck.

I am also investigating in this. Until now without any success... Stickpin has solved some probs (find threat here). Sadly not for my ACL889a chipset, though.

As I am working on a full Boot 132 cd for Gigabyte EP35-DS3 and everything is working but the audio is not. Any hints highly apprectiated...

if u are right now using an HDAEnabler.kext + modified AppleHDA.kext, u can try making an mkext with it (together w/ the other extra kexts that u need). i got my audio to work off from boot-132 loader. w/c means my /S/L/Extensions is purely vanilla. :P

good luck.

Thanks, but the ALC889a (Gigabyte EP35-DS3) seems to have issues with HDAEnabler.kext (at least I did not get it to work using the Boot 132 CD). I've tried so many combinations, I will put up a list, to test more carefully.

if u are right now using an HDAEnabler.kext + modified AppleHDA.kext, u can try making an mkext with it (together w/ the other extra kexts that u need). i got my audio to work off from boot-132 loader. w/c means my /S/L/Extensions is purely vanilla. ;)

good luck.

I am getting closer but I still wonder how you managed to get AppleHDA.kext installed to your EFI Extensions while having a vanilla Extensions folder with a different AppleHDA installed aswell?!

If you don't mind I'd like to tell what I managed to do until now (I strictly followed munky's EFI partition approach - find it here)

Not Selfcontained solution but working:

• EFI Partion is mounted at /Volumes/EFI
  • running custom com.apple.Boot.plist (located at /Volume/EFI/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ thus overriding /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ )
  • custom com.apple.Boot.plist contains EFI HDEF string (originally inserted via EFI Studio and then moved to the EFI partion)
  • using patched AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions
  • gives acceptable sound but there are no entries in the SystemProfiler (anyway: the least I care about is cosmetics, that'll be solved at the end)
  • But that is not vanilla. Since updates could break my audio again
  • Moreover after Retail Installation with all the Kexts on a Boot 132 you will not have audio at the Welcome Screen after installation :-(

Selfcontained solution but not working:

• have the patched AppleHDA.kext located in /Volumes/EFI/Extensions (and of course having built an Extensions.mkext of it) -> does not work
  • have the patched AppleHDA.kext located in /Volumes/EFI/Extensions and added the OSBundleRequired / Root (and built Extensions.mkext) -> also does not work
  • and I also recovered the unaltered AppleHDA.kext to the vanilla folder /System/Library/Extensions (rebuilt the mkext cache there aswell) -> also no sound

So it seems I am pretty close, but there is something that does not match. Hints are highly appreciated.

Kudos, x!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If you want to run LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage from /E/E without -f you'll need to satisfy it's dependencies too. I'm not in Leopard now but a google result tells me they are IOStorageFamily and IOAHCIFamily. So you'll have to copy those to /E/E too. Then it should be ok.

Hi

I've been trying this method for making LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext with no success so far,

left only the info.plist in the kext (which works fine in my extension folder, just added my device id).

I think it's an issue of dependencies as you mentioned but i can't seem to find what other kexts I need.

maybe you have an idea?

Thanks ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi cyclonefr,

I've currently stored in my Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions three Legacy: two for AHCI and the one for AppleYukon2 edited to recognize my Marvell 88e8056, as you can see in my signature.

I'm trying to apply these experiences with a Raid0 new .bin file edited by fxtentacle.

Now I have a Raid0+munky method with /Extra => 99% working!

My lone issue is for Yukon2: the legacy won't start at boot, even with -f in com.apple.Boot.plist!!!

this plist are in /EFI partition and (identical) in /BOOT partition (disk0s3)

Legacy for AHCI work fine, instead.

Any idea?

Thank you

B.C.

• 2 months later...

I used the Boot-132 method and installed Mac OS X (Mac OS X Install DVD - AKA: Vanilla Install).

I created a modified "AppleHDA.kext" file using the Taruga AppleHDA Patcher and my audio works great as long as Software Update does not update the file.

I want to resolve this problem of Software Update modifying the extensions in "/system/library/extensions" and overwriting my patched AppleHDA.kext file.

I want to leave the original AppleHDA.kext file alone (in the /system/library/extensions) and use the plist method described in this post.

I have a Sigmatel 9200 and downloaded the plist file for my sound card from the following post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mp;#entry929502

What steps do I need to do to make it work?

Do I place the LegacyAppleHDAController.kext and LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext in the Extra/Extension.mkext file and set the proper ownership and permissions and reboot? How about the original AppleHDA.kext file in the /systems/library/extensions. Do I leave it or delete it?

Thanks, Nihilator

• 1 month later...

I've read conflicting posts on this forum about what to do with plist only kexts. Specifically with Legacy kexts for AppleHDA, where are they supposed to go and in conjunction with which other kexts?

Assuming vanilla AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E...(and I have patched dsdt so I dont need HDAEnabler.kext)

In Extra/Extensions should I have my patched AppleHDA.kext, LegacyHDAController.kext, and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext?

Or

In Extra/Extensions should I have only LegacyHDAController.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext?

If someone could please clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Keep up the good work everyone!

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. For those that were confused like me, here's what you need to do. First, Patch AppleHDA in S/L/E to get your audio working, then copy the info in its plists to the correct legacy controller and platform plists. Then restore original vanilla AppleHDA. Put your patched AppleHDA in a safe place in case you want to look at it, but you wont need it again. Take your legacy controller and platform kexts along with HDAEnabler and put them in Extra/Extensions. So you only have legacycontroller, legacyplatform, and hdaenabler, don't put you patched applehda in here, it may load but will cause a kernel panic on shutdown. Obviously you have your other kexts in there too(disabler, uuid, smbios, or whatever you use) so then make the usual mkext and repair permish. That should get HDA to load and audio to work. I still haven't quite figured out how to get rid of sound assertion errors though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...