Fujitsu-Siemens-owners. Read this! The x43xG issue.

-TiLT-

60 posts in this topic

i tried mac osx 10.4.3 jas patched dvd and the install worked without ApplePS2Controller.

but no boot after install (just boot screen with apple in the mid)

please help us to have a nice noel with our Fujitsu Siemens notebool !

kiss from france

Interesting to read this thread after so long a time!! I no longer have the m3438g, but thought I'd repost what I had working 12 months ago:

1.The only way I could get OS X to boot was to replace the DVD drive with a PATA HD adapter - HDD adapter for the dell 9300/9400 also works for amilo m3438g. (ebay seller I bought mine from now sells SATA adapter - not sure if this would make any difference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190177221089 ).

Set all partitions on the via-controlled hard drives to non active - using ptedit32, change 80 to 00. (using F12 to choose boot device wouldn't work). This way I was able to bypass the via raid controller problem.

2. For OS X to boot, I still had to delete Appleps2controller.kext - which meant that the keyboard and trackpad didn't work - had to use external. I wonder if any of the newer releases (uphuck, XxX, Leopard) woulld be any different?

3. When I had the m3438g ( December 2006), wireless, sound, QE/CI were not working - but by now they should all work.

hope this helps someone... :)

• 2 months later...
Interesting to read this thread after so long a time!! I no longer have the m3438g, but thought I'd repost what I had working 12 months ago:

1.The only way I could get OS X to boot was to replace the DVD drive with a PATA HD adapter - HDD adapter for the dell 9300/9400 also works for amilo m3438g. (ebay seller I bought mine from now sells SATA adapter - not sure if this would make any difference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190177221089 ).

Set all partitions on the via-controlled hard drives to non active - using ptedit32, change 80 to 00. (using F12 to choose boot device wouldn't work). This way I was able to bypass the via raid controller problem.

2. For OS X to boot, I still had to delete Appleps2controller.kext - which meant that the keyboard and trackpad didn't work - had to use external. I wonder if any of the newer releases (uphuck, XxX, Leopard) woulld be any different?

3. When I had the m3438g ( December 2006), wireless, sound, QE/CI were not working - but by now they should all work.

hope this helps someone... :(

Hi i have a FJS xi1546 and i wonder is its possible to replace the DVD drive with a PATA HD adapter - HDD adapter, i mean if it wil work for any laptop that has a DVD drive

• 1 month later...

Hello bro, Hey someone that have mac os x working on a FSC can do a full backup install dvd with the right driver kext? so to upload it on some torrent, can be good for we make work on notebook with viavt6421 and ps2controller; I can't do nothing :thumbsdown_anim: doesn't work any dvd installer on my m3438g !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,,

I cannot believe that this thread started well over 2 years ago and still there is no answer for FS laptop owners.

In one way i am very lucky,, i have only just thought about getting OSX onto my AMILO A1630,, so havent had over 2 yrs of complete and utter frustration like the rest of you...But unlucky in another way in that,, i wont be able to do what i planned to do....install OSX on my FJ laptop.. this thread alone answers my question.. IT CANT BE DONE CAN IT ?

I do hope this first post of mine isnt going to be my last post,,such a good site full of eager, curious tech guys trying to solve the problems of so many,, i admire you all for what you do for the novice computer society.

Many thanks,, kev

PS: If anyone " has " found a solution over the years,, or a newer version is out there that is more compatible then please reply to this thread.

http://www.soundclick.com/kevinpaulcoughlan

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...