Fujitsu-Siemens-owners. Read this! The x43xG issue.

-TiLT-

60 posts in this topic

@ Cillit Bang: Have you gotten the Via-Controller to work with the method of the other thread? Maybe you need to deal with the 10.4.6 with Via support AND edit the kext. I only mention that becaus the Via-Controller on the Uniwill board has a slightly different device-id that must be placed into the AppleVIAATA.kext to make it work.

Good luck!

No I didnt get it to work, unfortunately. Somehow I think might just give up now, because I put so much time and effort in it and it still doesnt work.

I think, right now, it is impossible to run OS X on the AMILO M 3438G.

I'm sure that there is some .kext that you have to edit so that it works. But I havent found it yet. And it always takes so much time to boot the computer and then VMware just to make a little change and then to reboot the computer and to find out that it still doesnt work.

So I quit - thanks to everybody that helped me and gave me tips.

PS: Actually I'm german, but I'm in the US at the moment. Maybe I'll give it another chance when I come home - on my desktop PC.

But I think I'm done on my Laptop.

na super und ich breche mir hier einen auf englisch ab :smoke:

Schade, dass du aufgibst. Mir ging es leider auch so, dass der punkt kam, an dem es einfach keinen spass mehr machte. Vielleicht wieder mit 10.4.7.

I do not think it is impossible to get this thing to work on a x43x but we need some more advanced users of this system and of driver tweaking to help.

Glad to read something like this although it does not apply to my case (Does it?)

I own a FSC 1536 (core duo/ATI X1400) where the graphics card and wireless does not work. My main problem is the graphics, since i was unable to find a driver or a working solution. I cant use mac osx without a proper screen resolution

• 4 months later...

I have a fujitsu seimens xi 1546 that has the same via vt6421 raid controller. I have two 120GB sata disks set up as RAID 0 striped and I'm getting the 'still waiting for root device error'. i tried the cloned usb drive but the darwin bootloader doesn't automatically jump the usb into the disk1 position.

Its wierd becaue the osx disk will recognise the usb disk and install onto it fine AND the computer recognises it in the boot menu(although as USB 'key' not usb 'HDD') but it wont boot the os from USB. when I boot the install disk again and try to set the usb as the boot os, it dosn't show up a one of the options.

Another thing thats wierd is that when booting in verbose mode, OSX loads the appleintelPIXXATA or whatever kext so it know that its an ICH7 chipset but still cant boot. AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi1546 too... and still no luck. Too bad we have this damn vt6124 chipset and not an Intel one. The problem is, in my case, that vmware under windows doesn't even start installation, so I'm out of this this osx thing :P

At least I got osx working on my desktop pc... but I'm afrait I won't sleep until I get osx in my laptop too :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I also have the Xi1546 and i tried it with the latest Version from JaS (JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3).

The DVD boots up without an error *smile* (the older Versions all crashed while booting the DVD)

The problem is, i have 2x120GB via RAID0 and no partion was found. I dont know if it will better without RAID,

but i think thats it.

Greetings from Germay :P

• 3 weeks later...

I had a few spare hours this weekend to try OSX on an Amilo m3438g that I'd recently bought. Glad to find this thread as I

hadn't heard of using VMWare to install OSX to a hard drive before - and this was the method that I used.

The first (and perhaps biggest problem) with the m3438g is that its hard drive(s) are attached to a RAID controller and so

when booting from any OS installation CD/DVD, Setup fails to find any hard drive. There are drivers for XP and I think also

for Fedora and Suse but not (as far as I'm aware) for any other OS. As it happened, I'd bought x4 HDD adapters to use with

a Dell 9400 last year (they were bought from ebay seller it-glasses - highly recommended) and fortunately these also

work perfectly with the m3438g. This means that a hard drive in the adapter in the m3438g is on an IDE controller and not on

the RAID controller - so any OS installer can see it. It's just a few seconds to remove the DVD drive from the amilo and slot

the HDD adapter into place.

I used a new 60gb hard drive and created 4 primary partitions - 3 of them 7 GB in size, assigned the ID AF to them using

PTEDIT32, I then formatted the 4th partition NTFS, installed XP on this, installed VMWare, daemon tools and copied over

3 Mac OSX install DVD images - 10.4.3 Wesley, 10.4.6 Jas, 10.4.7 Jas.

To get the amilo to boot from an active partition on the PATA drive I had to use PTEDIT32 to set all the partitions on the

SATA drive to non-active - otherwise with 1 active partition on each of the 2 different hard drives, the amilo always wanted to

boot the active partition on the SATA hard drive. I didn't have an external USB DVD drive so I used the VMWare to native

method for installing OSX. I will probably try with an external drive sometime.

Installed 10.4.3 Wesley to partition 1, rebooted, it hung just after the white screen with the apple logo appeard.

(hanging=screen darkening and a message appearing in 4 languages to Press the power button ...) By trial and error I found

that pressing any keyboard key just once as soon as the white screen with the apple logo appears stops the system hanging

and booting continues normally. Booting seems to take ages, keyboard and trackpad work, thankfully, but seem rather slow

and sometimes erratic. The fan also comes on rather noisily, although not blowing any hot air. Sometimes in order to open a

folder or launch an app you have to triple click or maybe even click 6 times!!

Installed 10.4.7 Jas to partition 2, again the system would hang just after the white screen with the apple logo appeared. This

time I couldn't find any way of progressing past this using random key presses or whatever. Booted again in verbose mode,

it seemed to hang at the point: 'FPU segment overrun exception in kernel thread context'. Searching the forums with this

seemed to suggest that I should delete ApplePS2Controller.kext, which I did (by rebooting into 10.4.3 Wesley and doing it

from there). Now 10.4.7 boots flawlessly and very fast, but the downside is that I have to use an external USB keyboard and

USB mouse as the laptop keyboard and trackpad don't work. Ran the MacVidia driver package and the glossy screen is

beautiful at 1440x900. If I happen to accidently press a key on the laptop keyboard the system hangs.

Installed 10.4.6 Jas to partition 3 - this seemed to behave exactly as 10.4.7 Jas did.

To sum up, 10.4.3 works with the keyboard and trackpad but takes a long time to boot up and is rather slow, 10.4.7 works

really nicely but I have to use an external keyboard which sucks for a laptop. No audio on any of the installations - haven't

botherd to look into this - the Realtek High Defenition audio on a Sony FS315M I once owned worked fine - could it be

because I've now installed via VMWare ? So, other than for experimenting with and playing with, none of these are very

useable systems!

The one time I booted into 10.4.3 in verbose mode it hung with some message about ACPI - I notice rereading this thread

carefully that TiLT says something about ACPI kext - so perhaps I should try deleting that. As regards 10.4.7 Jas, are there

any workarounds or hacks to allow the keyboard to be used - perhaps some other appleps2 controller.kext that can be used

instead? Could I upgrade 10.4.3 installation to a later version and still keep the keyboard/trackpad functionality?

Anyway, I've now removed the 60gb HDD adapter and replaced it with the 160gb one I normally keep in the optical bay slot

(for recording digital TV MPEG2 files). I'll probably look at OSX again someday when I have some time...not that i'm anywhere

as technically minded as some of the guys here...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, also got an AMILO Xi1546 (2*120GB HDD @ VIA VT6421)..same probelms...no recognition of the hdds @ JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3

Does anyone know if it is possible to deactivate the RAID-Controller and to change the hdd-type from "SCSI (@ VIA)" to "SATA" so that JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 will be able to be installed natively on it?

I don't know...would be nice, wouldn't it?

I also tried to get it running on my external hdd but it hung up at about 90%.

Another question: is it really a thought worth to install osx with vmware or slows it down so you can't even use it?

Edited by the_real_meatLoaf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any news on the PS2 kext problem?? I am running AMC OSx 10.4.6 on my Amilo L6820, but only using Usb Keyboard and mouse. Touching any keys on the built in keyboard freezes the system.... :D ....Help us !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is there anybody else with FS notebook... so FS problems? Please guys, could you put some driver in JAS or uphuck distribution, so we can install dual boot too? i have amilo xi1554... and tried all jas versions and all uphuck... and all same... no harddrive... tried format fat32... even mac hfs with macdrive... nothing

I have an alienware m5790 and have had my wits end trying to make it work with Nothing happenin..

I have tried booting off an external SATA drive, External PATA drive, USB Key, off the internal Via6421 (using BootitNG)...

Nothing..

The key is that damn Via raid controller.. Someone (with more smarts then me) has to be able to make an installtion for that damn controller.. Its killin alot of us with Unreal Machines!

My laptop is a core2Duo t7400 (2.16 4M)

2 Gig Ram

Ati X1900 256

Hey everyone!

Same problem here. So, are there any workarounds for this issue?!

I'm also an ownler of a FSC Notebook with this damed combination of via controller and sata drive.

I installed OS X via VMware, but native boot is - of course - impossible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...